Xiaomi Mi2 Battery life better on JLB instead MIUI...

Looks like it's back to MIUI Android for me. GPS wasn't working on JLB7.0 or 10.0 for me and I even tried MIUI Dev Ed 3.1.25 which worked fine for a few hours, then went crazy.

Seems to me there are at least four roms available for the Mi2:

Stock Android (Jelly Bean)
Stock MIUI (JLB)
MIUI Development Edition
MIUI Android

Is there anything else I should be trying?

I noticed the QCQ89 on the page grondinm provided, but haven't heard any discussion on it, so I'll leave that be.

Looks like it's back to MIUI Android for me. GPS wasn't working on JLB7.0 or 10.0 for me and I even tried MIUI Dev Ed 3.1.25 which worked fine for a few hours, then went crazy.

Seems to me there are at least four roms available for the Mi2:

Stock Android (Jelly Bean)
Stock MIUI (JLB)
MIUI Development Edition
MIUI Android

Is there anything else I should be trying?

I noticed the QCQ89 on the page grondinm provided, but haven't heard any discussion on it, so I'll leave that be.

As you know, I'm learning as you are so I definitely don't have the answer to the gps problem, but I am pretty sure I read a solution somewhere. The issue you're having is that it's trying to connect to the China GPS system which won't work for us over here in North America.

I believe you need to change/flash certain files to get the phone to look towards our GPS instead. Hopefully someone else has a little more details.

As you know, I'm learning as you are so I definitely don't have the answer to the gps problem, but I am pretty sure I read a solution somewhere. The issue you're having is that it's trying to connect to the China GPS system which won't work for us over here in North America.

I believe you need to change/flash certain files to get the phone to look towards our GPS instead. Hopefully someone else has a little more details.

if i'm not mistaken, need to change the content of gps.conf file

i installed JLB 10 but my operator appear as No Service but i can make and receive call. Anyone facing the same problem?

GPS works fine on MIUI Android, so I think I'll stick with that. I'd heard JLB had much better battery life. Eventually I will give it a go again, but I may have had my fill of flashing for the next little while. I just want something stable that works. MIUI Android is also the most English friendly rom. The others still have a great deal of Chinese scattered throughout.

OK, good tip for you guys.. root your JLB 7.0 as per the following guide:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...=http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/thread-6423083-1-1.html
Remember to download the files, install and IMMEDIATELY launch the "Permission Manager" to enable root then close it, run Root Explorer ES and mount and delete the file as per the guide.. reboot, and you're rooted. After that, install FasterGPS and config your location file. Reboot, and install GPS Fix or something similar.. go to an open space and try to look for a fix. My GPS works great.. I've installed the world navigation enabled Google Maps and able to get a proper fix. Remember, you need to be out in the open to get a proper GPS fix! I've tried indoors but it was no go. It's not the ROM's fault.

Reactions: mymellowman
Using JLB 7.0 with 2G only, and on and off WiFi usage.. I managed a 4 hours+ screen time.. The battery lasted for 1 day 12 hours+ with 9% remaining. Previously on MIUIAndroid, I only managed 2 hours+ screen time and battery lasted for around 9 hours+ with 2-3% remaining. I'm using the standard battery.. not the 3100mAh one..

Hey Mel, forgot to ask, what mode were you running mainly? Normal or Power Saving?

Swyped from my Mi 2

I was using Normal mode the whole time :)

Nice, so basically you're reproducing on the 2000 mAh battery with JLB 7.0 what I'm currently doing with the 3100 mAh on MIUI Android 3.1.25. In fact, you're doing slightly better.

Right now I'm sitting at 32% left, 14.5 hrs (3h on screen) with the higher capacity battery.

Swyped from my Mi 2

This might be a silly question, but are you sure your higher capacity battery isn't fake?

This might be a silly question, but are you sure your higher capacity battery isn't fake?

Got it from ibuygou and it performs much better than the stock 2000 mAh that came with it. Doesn't look fake, so I doubt it.

What kind of stats are you getting with your battery/rom?

Swyped from my Mi 2

I'm giving JLB7.0 another go and this time I did manage to fix the GPS using the steps from this thread and installing LBESec twice (restarting each time), then replacing the NetworkLocation.apk in the system/app folder (and changing to the correct permissions as the previous file had) using ES File Explorer (or Root Explorer), however, now incoming calls are not working.

I can make phone calls and send/receive texts, but I can't receive phone calls. Very strange. I was hoping to test out battery life, but obviously with this deficiency, I will have to go back to MIUI Android 3.1.25 once again.

I'm giving JLB7.0 another go and this time I did manage to fix the GPS using the steps from this thread and installing LBESec twice (restarting each time), then replacing the NetworkLocation.apk in the system/app folder (and changing to the correct permissions as the previous file had) using ES File Explorer (or Root Explorer), however, now incoming calls are not working.

I can make phone calls and send/receive texts, but I can't receive phone calls. Very strange. I was hoping to test out battery life, but obviously with this deficiency, I will have to go back to MIUI Android 3.1.25 once again.

I am sorry to hear you've hit another roadblock - though I completely appreciate your updates! I was going to try going the JBL 7 route this weekend, but had been too ties up to give it a go. I hate to use you as a guinea pig, but I'll probably wait to see if things clear up before venturing down this road.

Again, thanks for keeping us looped! :)

I am sorry to hear you've hit another roadblock - though I completely appreciate your updates! I was going to try going the JBL 7 route this weekend, but had been too ties up to give it a go. I hate to use you as a guinea pig, but I'll probably wait to see if things clear up before venturing down this road.

Again, thanks for keeping us looped! :)

Hah, no worries, this isn't my first time. I'm sure you've had your fair share of setbacks as well. I'm not discouraged, this is a great phone and I can always fall back on MIUIandroid. I was just hoping I could maximize this baby by getting that killer battery life that a couple of JLB7.0 users have already claimed they managed to achieve.

Ok, n/m. It must've been a network issue that coincidentally occurred during the JLB7.0 flash because someone called me early this morning and my phone scared the crap out of me!

That said, I'm actually getting worse battery life with JLB7.0 than MIUIandroid so I'll be switching back anyway.

Ok, n/m. It must've been a network issue that coincidentally occurred during the JLB7.0 flash because someone called me early this morning and my phone scared the crap out of me!

That said, I'm actually getting worse battery life with JLB7.0 than MIUIandroid so I'll be switching back anyway.

It never ends! :)

I've definitely had my fair share of android challenges in the past - pretty happy with MIUI Android so I havent played around too much with the mi-2 -

It never ends! :)

I've definitely had my fair share of android challenges in the past - pretty happy with MIUI Android so I havent played around too much with the mi-2 -

Last night, I called my cell from my home phone and had my cousin call me, both times unsuccessful, so I assumed it was the rom, but wanted to leave it overnight to see how the battery drained. I wasn't expecting to get a phone call early in the morning!

Keep in mind, that temporary poor connection may have resulted in worse battery drain as well. As it stands though, I had marginally worse battery life with JLB7.0 than I do with MIUIandroid.

Swyped from my Mi 2

From my one week experiance :D JBL and Miui-android have similiar battery life. Comparing to other users are pointless since everyone have different coverage, different lighting (autobrightness different) and different apps installed.

With almost 200 apps (maybe more) and many of them syncing all the time and everything on except Bluetooth, I'd have to say battery performance has been acceptable.

With the 3120 mAh battery, I can plug it in the morning, have bouts of heavy usage, and not have to plug it in until I go to bed.

Swyped from my Mi 2

OK, good tip for you guys.. root your JLB 7.0 as per the following guide:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...=http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/thread-6423083-1-1.html
Remember to download the files, install and IMMEDIATELY launch the "Permission Manager" to enable root then close it, run Root Explorer ES and mount and delete the file as per the guide.. reboot, and you're rooted. After that, install FasterGPS and config your location file. Reboot, and install GPS Fix or something similar.. go to an open space and try to look for a fix. My GPS works great.. I've installed the world navigation enabled Google Maps and able to get a proper fix. Remember, you need to be out in the open to get a proper GPS fix! I've tried indoors but it was no go. It's not the ROM's fault.
Can u please post here another link or attach here the annex1 and annex2 apk? Coz I failed to download that file from xiaomi.cn website

With almost 200 apps (maybe more) and many of them syncing all the time and everything on except Bluetooth, I'd have to say battery performance has been acceptable.

With the 3120 mAh battery, I can plug it in the morning, have bouts of heavy usage, and not have to plug it in until I go to bed.

Swyped from my Mi 2

I confirm .with the extended battery I managed to 24.5 hrs of heavy usage, 4 mail acc, facebook ,Skype, all synced, all on aka WiFi,data,GPS, many boots ,watch HD avatar movie thats 3 hrs display time just there, I am well impressed, it can't get any better that this.... I am running 3.1.25 by the way with CTR . 3.2.1 doesn't do SMS rotation for some reason ,that's why still with 3.1.25 but nevertheless I am very happy with it!!!:D

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2