Xiaomi Mi2 Battery life better on JLB instead MIUI...

I think the problem seems to be that the phone doesnt sleep all the time when you are not using it. I have a kernel wakelock keeping the phone off sleep for 18 minutes (0f 2 hours since charge). Which doesnt seem normal?

I think the problem seems to be that the phone doesnt sleep all the time when you are not using it. I have a kernel wakelock keeping the phone off sleep for 18 minutes (0f 2 hours since charge). Which doesnt seem normal?
Are you using BetterBatteryStats to get the name of the thing causing the kernel wakelock?

I can confirm that JLB7.0 gives me far better battery life than other builds.
For example, during my sleep time (around 8h) my phone drains about 4-5%! With other roms it's more 15-20%.
In both cases I have wifi & data enabled.

I can confirm that JLB7.0 gives me far better battery life than other builds.
For example, during my sleep time (around 8h) my phone drains about 4-5%! With other roms it's more 15-20%.
In both cases I have wifi & data enabled.

Really considering trying out JLB7.0, I'm currently on 3.2.8 and am liking things at the moment.

Not to be too naggy, but I would really like to see how these builds compare in terms of 3G enabled usage time, not so much standby.

3G power consumption is really dependant of the signal strengh for me (French user)
Last week-end, I visited my familly where signal is very very weak (and no wifi available): the battery drained very quickly (maybe 5-8% per hour)

My others phones performed better in this case, but for ereryday use, the mi2 + JLB 7.0 battery life, especially on wifi, is quite impressive.

3G power consumption is really dependant of the signal strengh for me (French user)
Last week-end, I visited my familly where signal is very very weak (and no wifi available): the battery drained very quickly (maybe 5-8% per hour)

My others phones performed better in this case, but for ereryday use, the mi2 + JLB 7.0 battery life, especially on wifi, is quite impressive.

Signal strength would surely be a major factor in battery life.

Dang it, so uncertain as to if I should try out JLB7.0, or continue to stick with 3.2.8.
It's just I'll be losing root privelages going to the JLB variant. Do you have any feedback on the newer JLB builds?

Signal strength would surely be a major factor in battery life.

Dang it, so uncertain as to if I should try out JLB7.0, or continue to stick with 3.2.8.
It's just I'll be losing root privelages going to the JLB variant. Do you have any feedback on the newer JLB builds?

Rooting JLB7.0 is actually quite simple, just install this apk twice, then reboot: http://android.bulfon.com/APK/LBESecV2_Su.apk

As for battery life, I'm currently on MIUIandroid 3.2.1 and the best drain I've experienced was 0.7%/hr, I'm not sure how that compares to JLB7.0, but most of the time, I'm anywhere from 2 to 7%/hr throughout the active day and have to charge daily by the end because I'll drain it completely. During heavy usage, it goes up to 25-30%/hr or more.

If it's true that 3.2.8 has better life, I'd be willing to give it a shot, but I'm pretty happy with the current version. I'm debating whether to try JLB7.0 again, but last time my battery life was worse.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-10-10-14-06.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-10-10-14-06.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 248
Hi I want to install jlb 7.0 but I have downloaded two files. Which should I install.

miuiandroid_aries_jb-3.2.8.zip

miui_NativeMI2_QCS99_ede5454314_4.1.zip

My battery life sucks on miuiandroid.

Hi I wanoh ok, thank you.

Also to gain root I just install the apk some posts back twice and reboot, right.

Also, gapps is included or not?

P.S. what's the difference between fast boot version and zip/card version.

Jlb 11 is out us that problematic?

i get up to 18 hours on wifi with 3.2.8
on heavy use i get around 10-12 hours

try downloading battery calibration from market after you install a new rom

What wifi policy do you use? Im on the original 3.2.8 and i cant make the wifi to sleep no matter what policy i choose... for the 3g i found a nice solution over the xda. Auto 2g 3g app. Its tricky to install but once installed it manages the 3g. If wifi connected it switches to 2g, if screen off it switches to 2g...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

What wifi policy do you use? Im on the original 3.2.8 and i cant make the wifi to sleep no matter what policy i choose... for the 3g i found a nice solution over the xda. Auto 2g 3g app. Its tricky to install but once installed it manages the 3g. If wifi connected it switches to 2g, if screen off it switches to 2g...

Could you share the link to the xda thread with this app. Im very interested in this.

If screen off, if out of the range whitelisted WiFi networks the WiFi is off. WiFi turns on every hour for notification.
The 2g/3g you mentioned sounds great

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530

Just read carefully. I used the resign tool on the Original MIUI 3.2.8 and it didint work until i made a full wipe. So basicly
1. Get the rom you want to use and the resign tool from the xda thread
2. Use the tool to integrate the AUTO 2g/3g program in the rom
3. Full wipe
4. install
5. I personally installed the rom once again through the updater on the other system partition

p.s. I havent tested yet does the update delete the app...

I've managed to consistently get my phone down to 0.8% drain per hour (sometimes as low as 0.5%/hr) while it is off, so theoretically, it should last over 5 days if I don't touch it at all, but that's never going to happen! LOL