Xiaomi Mi3 - Suspected fake

Heavy

Members
Jan 12, 2015
Hi.

I have very little knowledge about Xiaomi phones but just got a Mi3.

I do unfortunately think it's fake however, and would like some sort of confirmation of that before contacting the seller.

- The USB-cable have the "MI"-logo which I understand is fake?
- The USB-adapter is labeled "inpei" and is a direct Samsung knock-off, it ever has the same model-nr: ETA-U90EWE as the Samsung charger, lol!
- The box says tenaa.com.cn which I saw in some Youtube video should mean that it's a fake.
- CPU-Z reports correct values, but when I do the "Online validation" the numbers are different.
For example: 960x540 resolution, 1GB RAM, 4GB flash, it does however show Snapdragon 800 here too, which seems strange? Why would they put such an expensive SoC in a cheap fake? Or is that value faked on a "deeper level" which still comes back faked through online validation?

What is however strange:

When I input S/N and IMEI on the MIUI-page the phone appears legit.

"This is a 3 Unicom version of millet phone pure white 16GB
  • Receiving Location:Shenzhen, Guangdong
  • Order Time:2014-05-03 15:21:34
    Receiving the above information with your personal information does not match, please confirm whether the official channels of the purchase."

- It feels high quality and actually quite snappy.
- Xiaomi market and everything else seems to work just fine.
- It gets around 36000 in Antutu

Could someone PLEASE help my confirm once and for all that this is infact a fake, so that I can contact the seller ASAP! Thanks in advance.

Turn off the phone. Then hold volume up + power button, then release power in few seconds after. You should be in recovery. Tell the recovery name you see.

But yes. It's fake anyway.

Wysłane z MI4

Turn off the phone. Then hold volume up + power button, then release power in few seconds after. You should be in recovery. Tell the recovery name you see.

But yes. It's fake anyway.

Wysłane z MI4
It's the "Android system recovery <3e>" so I guess it's 100% fake, right!?

- antutu scores are irrelevant. fake phones "cheat" at antutu.
- logo on the cable is irrelevant. i have 2 original mi devices, one cable has the logo, the other has not.

however, the resolution, the ram and rom size, and also the recovery version make sure that it's fake.

- antutu scores are irrelevant. fake phones "cheat" at antutu.
- logo on the cable is irrelevant. i have 2 original mi devices, one cable has the logo, the other has not.

however, the resolution, the ram and rom size, and also the recovery version make sure that it's fake.
I see.

sometimes antutus are right, i've heard that fake xiaomi sellers are selling the phones with other competitors that are not snapdragon but have the same speed as them, so you'll feel it just like a real xiaomi but the only difference is that its not exactly a real xiaomi