Xiaomi Mi5 Black Screen

brunomtr5

Members
May 8, 2016
My phone has some days on my hands and today it turns off itself and I cant power on, cant fastboot, cant recovery and even the charging led isn't showing up when connected to charger.
What can I do?

Reactions: Raimusa
I'm afraid I've the same problem with my about two weeks old black Mi5 64GB.
On Saturday morning got Ota update to dev miui ver 6.5.7 and in the evening phone screen got black, and just navigation buttons lights on. I tried to reboot my phone holding power button but phone didn't start up. Now I can't do anything.
Win10 device manager discover mi5 as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 and MiFlash connect with it but I can't install any rom with MiFlash.
Yesterday MiFlash hangs on with status "Missed hello packet, try to recover". Today something changed and MiFlash get status "Total error (0x8000ffff: Receiving hello packet)" and sometimes same error with more information:
Przechwytywanie1.PNG

I've described this problem on Polish Miui forum but as far I didn't get any working solution.
Today another user get the same problem.
I hope We'll find some working solution soon.

It's seems that you guys are not alone a huge amount of people complain about this problem on each forum of the community
Same problem screen goes off and doesn't boot anymore ... hope you will find a solution

Reactions: jc rey
Hi,
I'm one ofthe first that had this problem too one month ago, no solution, only send back in warranty.
Now I'm really scared for the future! But why xiaomi don't do mothing?

Hi,
I'm one ofthe first that had this problem too one month ago, no solution, only send back in warranty.
Now I'm really scared for the future! But why xiaomi don't do mothing?
probably they are slow to communicate. I already warned on official forum that we expect diagnostic on the affected devices. So far it is possible that all mi5 will suffer a very short life due to a defect. I was planning to upgrade my mi5 prime with a pro but I put that on hold for now. If my mi5 prime device fails the same I will ask for refund.
Just wondering if affected devices used the QC 3.0 charger sold in the official package ...

Just wondering if affected devices used the QC 3.0 charger sold in the official package ...

I didn't use original Mi5 charger and my Mi5 dead in about two weeks. So it's not because of QC 3.0 charge.

Wysłane z mojego MI 3W przy użyciu Tapatalka

I didn't use original Mi5 charger and my Mi5 dead in about two weeks. So it's not because of QC 3.0 charge.

OK. That s already a good info.
In addition what rom did you used?

I used latest china dev version 6.5.7 but I read posts other users who had same problem with stable version.
I'm think it's rather caused by hardware then software.

I used two sim before the black screen, anyone had the black screen with only one sim?
Now with the new phone I can tell that the broken one at certain point had started to drain the battery much faster.

I'm having an even weirder issue: when I power on the phone, MI logo shows up and boot run correctly. Once boot is complete, right before the home screen shows, the screen turns black and apparently there's no way to make it work again. The phone is still working, though: i can hear notification sounds and if I call my number it rings and vibrates.
This happened with China stock stable ROM.
I tried to factory reset wipe and flash a new rom (Global): nothing changed, same issue.
Any ideas?

I'm having an even weirder issue: when I power on the phone, MI logo shows up and boot run correctly. Once boot is complete, right before the home screen shows, the screen turns black and apparently there's no way to make it work again. The phone is still working, though: i can hear notification sounds and if I call my number it rings and vibrates.
This happened with China stock stable ROM.
I tried to factory reset wipe and flash a new rom (Global): nothing changed, same issue.
Any ideas?

Really contact post sale for a replacement.

Please try again Mi Flash , but this time use Windows 7 or 8 64 bit system.

Redmi Note 2 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

You see logo means display is working, you heard sound means the hardware is working. Most likely a Rom related issue

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

You see logo means display is working, you heard sound means the hardware is working. Most likely a Rom related issue

It actually was. I full wiped the phone and flashed The CyanogenMod 13. Phone is working like a beast, performances and battery life improved significantly. Tried to flash different version of Miui 7 but the problem was still there. Maybe I'll try Miui 8 or another Rom some day, but Cyano is working great

Know that rom tailored to specific hardware. You need Rom that is specific to the phone

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Maybe using the engineering cable that can be used for flashing locked bootloaders could help.
en.miui.com / thread-299790-1-1. h t m l
Remove the spaces to access the tutorial link

Hello everyone, just used my Mi5 for 13 days and the phone turned off and cannot be turned on anymore.

Tried to charge it, plugged into computer, pressed the power button and volume up button but no response whatsoever.

The battery was hot while charging but no response.

Any solutions?

Thanks.

Hello everyone, just used my Mi5 for 13 days and the phone turned off and cannot be turned on anymore.

Tried to charge it, plugged into computer, pressed the power button and volume up button but no response whatsoever.

The battery was hot while charging but no response.

Any solutions?

Thanks.

When you plug it to the computer dors anything happens on the PC side ?

Reactions: Vigita
When you plug it to the computer dors anything happens on the PC side ?

Yesterday when I first tried it on my laptop, it detected something, it was unstable/on and off, did not end up getting access to the phone at all. Today, there's just nothing happening when plugged into PC.

Same problem, guys. Any solution yet? But I got the sound when connecting and disconnecting the phone to the laptop