Xiaomi Mi5 Black Screen

Hi Guys,

I have Mi 5 Pro
I have same problem with you.. After 2 months normal use, my Mi 5 suddenly died.
The screen turned off, cannot turned on it anymore. I tried to charge it, and the LED didn't b stlinking at all.
Cannot entered to Fastboot Mode too.
So, i just send it back my Mi 5 to Distributor to claim the warranty.

Last edited:
I got exactly the same problem. One thing is that I think it's actually booting into Fastboot, because when I Vol- and Pwr then phone is visible in MiFlash, but screen is still black. I have unlocked bootloader and tried to flash to china stable, global stable, but nothing really changed.

I can't believe that nobody actually found a fix for that...

I encountered this issue today but mine luck was that when screen was black, I was able to boot in fastboot mode (screen was black there too).

I am running MiFlash_xiaomi.eu_gemini_6.4.21_6.0.zip when I realized that when phone is vibrating, side buttons are flashing that it has to be kernel related. If somebody is encountering the same problem, write me

I have the exact same problem. I'm running global mi ui 8. I bought mi5 pro in April 2016. Screen is off but i can fastboot, my computer succeed in installing flashing roms but the screen is always black. Before the screen was flashing with mi logo and fastboot then it never did again. haptic and lights on navigation touch are working as well as vibration.

I have the exact same problem. I'm running global mi ui 8. I bought mi5 pro in April 2016. Screen is off but i can fastboot, my computer succeed in installing flashing roms but the screen is always black. Before the screen was flashing with mi logo and fastboot then it never did again. haptic and lights on navigation touch are working as well as vibration.

hi, i have the same problem too, have you found some solution?, could you help me please?
my screen is black and the vibration dont work, actually, my computer dont find my cellphone, i can fastboot.
i have the same situation that Mopiou, but my buttons are off

Hi, one more black screen here, any solution at this moment?

Can't put it in fastboot, download mode, just EDL mode is present on devices management with Qualcomm 9008 port, but can't flash, many errors.

I'm on bootloader locked...

Enviado do meu MotoG3 através de Tapatalk

Hello

I am a phone repairer, I French, excuse my English because I use Google Translate

I also have a Xiaomi MI5 with this problem. But I have (almost) succeeded in solving it:

I removed the back cover of the battery with a super thin metal plate. You can also use a suction cup to create a space for a guitar pick to insert the battery cover.

Next, remove the 9 screws from the cover that protects the motherboard. Be careful, the screw next to the camera is not magnetized, make sure that it remains.

When you have removed the 9 screws, and removed the protective cover from the motherboard, unplug the appropriate bat- tery from the battery. It is located at the bottom left of the motherboard. Reconnect it, and connect your phone to your outlet, trying to recharge it. Normally, the red notification LED should blink to show that your phone is charging.

If it goes well, you just have to do everything again, and close your phone again.

If this does not work well, unplug the battery pack again, and the bottom right-hand tab, corresponding to the charging connector. Reconnect them and test the charging again. Normally it should work.

If it still does not work, unfortunately, see directly with Xiaomi.

I think it's a battery issue, which is no longer powerful enough for the phone. I removed the "second space" which takes a lot of battery, and since it has not planted anymore. I bought another battery, and I will test later, see if it solves the problem, and I will keep you informed.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate.

Hello, my MI5 was sent today for the warranty, but I had even made that attempt but it did not work for me, the low battery led worked, but charging led didn't work, but it charges.

Your conclusion seems correct when I connected the MI5 to the charger for 15 minutes and immediately to the laptop USB port the flash was faster at the beginning and the middle of the flash very slow getting to take 2 hours, maybe the battery losse power in the flash process and the flash It got corrupted, so that make sense.

Give feedback later.

Thank you

got the same issue. solved using fastboot
entered fastboot using vol.down + power (only black screen but it actually works. you can see your device in "fastboot devices")
entered "fastboot continue" and android booted normally

Hello

I am a phone repairer, I French, excuse my English because I use Google Translate

I also have a Xiaomi MI5 with this problem. But I have (almost) succeeded in solving it:

I removed the back cover of the battery with a super thin metal plate. You can also use a suction cup to create a space for a guitar pick to insert the battery cover.

Next, remove the 9 screws from the cover that protects the motherboard. Be careful, the screw next to the camera is not magnetized, make sure that it remains.

When you have removed the 9 screws, and removed the protective cover from the motherboard, unplug the appropriate bat- tery from the battery. It is located at the bottom left of the motherboard. Reconnect it, and connect your phone to your outlet, trying to recharge it. Normally, the red notification LED should blink to show that your phone is charging.

If it goes well, you just have to do everything again, and close your phone again.

If this does not work well, unplug the battery pack again, and the bottom right-hand tab, corresponding to the charging connector. Reconnect them and test the charging again. Normally it should work.

If it still does not work, unfortunately, see directly with Xiaomi.

I think it's a battery issue, which is no longer powerful enough for the phone. I removed the "second space" which takes a lot of battery, and since it has not planted anymore. I bought another battery, and I will test later, see if it solves the problem, and I will keep you informed.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate.

Est-ce que la nouvelle batterie t'a aider? [english for those who don't know french : Did the new battery help you?]