Xiaomi Mi8 Global Version

Posi1

Members
Jan 16, 2016
Would somebody know when Xiaomi will launch the Global Version of the Mi8?
An indication could be how long it took from the initial launch of the Mi Mix 2S till they had the Global Version on the market.

Reactions: Arg27
Would somebody know when Xiaomi will launch the Global Version of the Mi8?
An indication could be how long it took from the initial launch of the Mi Mix 2S till they had the Global Version on the market.
When it releases in Hong Kong market you will know :)

Keep an eye on mi.com/hk

So we cannot buy this version and after when it's released to install eu rom?
The hardware does not change.
So I think it is possible just to flash eu rom after. Don't you ugry?

I would assume you can buy the phone with the CN version and flash EU ROM once it is available.
I think the more elegant solution is to wait for the Global version and to enjoy seamless OTA updates. I am not sure if that works the same once you flashed the phone. But maybe I am wrong.

Do you think the price will go under 450€ in the next weeks?
Or when global version released it will go higher?

ok i had the same questions, i'm a french user ! Maybe it's safer to wait a global version. Unfortunately, the prices won't be the same !
Have you news about the explorer version sales in EU ? Thanx

Do you think the price will go under 450€ in the next weeks?
Or when global version released it will go higher?
Regarding the press there have been a few flash sales in China.
The Mi8 seems to be in stock with a handful retailers in China. It seems the supply has not met the demand yet.
I have not read about manufacturing/assembling constrains like Xiaomi had with the Redmi Note 5, when Qualcomm could not deliver sufficient SD chips.
In the past we have seen some price elasticity of supply (=> more supply = lower price). But the sharpest price drops usually happen once a better model is on the market.

@Joost1234 does the CN version work (because of the LTE bands)? Can one unlock B20 for example?
If phone not support this band ( not have) not possible unlock and dont matter what You flash china miui or global or xiaomi.eu will not support...

If have band/support this band will work on china miui rom, global miui rom and xiaomi.eu rom.

What would an expert suggest. Shall I wait for the release of the global version or I can go on and buy an MI8 with English-Chinese and change the firmware ?
Would the automatic update work with the new firmware or from this point always just manually ?

Yes that's the real question ? I remember that my old Mi 2 (who's perfectly still working) never came with global version LoL !

What would an expert suggest. Shall I wait for the release of the global version or I can go on and buy an MI8 with English-Chinese and change the firmware ?
Would the automatic update work with the new firmware or from this point always just manually ?

If having a phone in english with chinese apps, and if you know how to unlock a bootloader and flash a new ROM, you should definitely buy it. Otherwise, you should wait. And it's not the firmware that you should change, but the recovery and the rom.
And if you have a stable ROM, you'll have OTA updates.

Reactions: Tharcyzo and Arg27
Has somebody seen the phone been offered with the official Global ROM somewhere else then at the official Xiaomi store in HK?
They are not shipping outside HK.

I Have seen today 1 site that says GLOBAL ROM.. But dont know if is legit

Reactions: Posi1
I bought Mi8 Global from Ali******* and to my surprise it came unlocked out of the box today when i recieved it. I Love the specs and thought for a 6.2 phone it would be larger than my Mix 2. I will have to get used to the notch, i now have 256 gigs to use up but the Mix2 is still the more beautiful phone.

Reactions: Aybabtu and Arg27
I bought Mi8 Global from Ali******* and to my surprise it came unlocked out of the box today when i recieved it. I Love the specs and thought for a 6.2 phone it would be larger than my Mix 2. I will have to get used to the notch, i now have 256 gigs to use up but the Mix2 is still the more beautiful phone.

Yes because, they are using Chinese version to hack to global version ! Waiting for mine, hope it will come quickly !