Xiaomi Red Rice and Aliexpress Sellers

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi (Red Rice / HongMi)' started by Clockwork21R, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Clockwork21R

Nov 27, 2013
    Male
    Hi,

I have purchased the Red Rice Hongmi from this seller:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-Mobile-Phones-1GB-4GB/114122_1493990051.html

They appear to have good feedback and claims both on his page and chat that the phone is Original. As I read here (unfortunately after my purchase), Aliexpress is perhaps not a good place to buy Xiaomi phone, so I'm a bit scared now. Is there any way I can understand if the phone is original or not?

2. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

you will see it when it arrive.. good luck...

3. Clockwork21R

Nov 27, 2013
    Male
    Unfortunately the product was NOT original but a very good copy. Almost everything seemed right (no preinstalled Antutu, chinese recovery, sticker with code on the back of the box, etc) until I got in the Mobile Uncle Tools and checked and found lower resolution and different proccesor. Please add this seller on the list with untrusted sellers:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/feedback-score/114122.html

Attached Files:

Tiltowait likes this.
  4. Erbsenmatsch

Dec 20, 2013
    Male
    Hey!
    I would like to make a blogpost out of this (on my blog nerdbench.de ), to warn users. Its a german blog. am I allowed to use your pictures?

5. Clockwork21R

Nov 27, 2013
    Male
    Yes of course.

6. pjovp

pjovpMembers

Aug 5, 2011
    Male
    Portugal
    on aliexprees, teoretically they only release the money to the seller when the buyer confirms the goods have arrived.
    you can contest this situation and cancel the deal, on aliexpress, through the respective options/channels and also on Paypal.
    have you tried to do that?
    Think positive, you will end up getting you money and keeping a new phone. Original or not will be free.
    Grab the money and go buy a real Xiaomi in Antelife.com

7. Clockwork21R

Nov 27, 2013
    Male
    I got my money back but lost arround 30$ on shipping costs (I had to ship it back) as well as difference in currency rates ($ to €). Lesson learned! Ordered a new one from Merimobiles and everything went fine.

8. pjovp

pjovpMembers

Aug 5, 2011
    Male
    Portugal
    Living life is the best college ;)

Share Our Site