Xiaomi Rom Update Redmi Note 3 Mediatek

Thank you for the update! I proceed like below and at recovery boot (power + vol up) appear a phone design which show me when the phone is plugged in. This is normal?

Oh,sorry, my mistake!
Yes, for MTK version use as download 1 this: https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0BwSanb5zBfFidGRHZk9fZVZySWc&export=download
For download 2 use this: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759888159
This is all for Redmi Note 3 MTK!
Sorry again! But nothing couldn't happen if you tried with PRO version.

Power+vol down and the phone are going in fastboot mode ! I performed "fastboot boot twrp.img" , and now, how I can install the ROM update? Where is the TWRP ?
I read somewhere to "Boot your Phone to Recovery Mode (Power + volume up)" ! If I am doing this, appear a phone picture which show me if the phone is plugged in or not! See the picture !
IMG_20160710_152314.jpg

Power+vol down and the phone are going in fastboot mode ! I performed "fastboot boot twrp.img" , and now, how I can install the ROM update? Where is the TWRP ?
I read somewhere to "Boot your Phone to Recovery Mode (Power + volume up)" ! If I am doing this, appear a phone picture which show me if the phone is plugged in or not! See the picture !View attachment 12933
No it's wrong this phone with plugged in. You have to see this: https://www.google.it/search?q=miui...hVBnCwKHcJpAqwQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=GbjNdErMrRwyHM:

I read somewhere to "Boot your Phone to Recovery Mode (Power + volume up)" ! If I am doing this, appear a phone picture which show me if the phone is plugged in or not! See the picture !View attachment 12933

I don't got if you got into twrp or not. If you are in twrp just install the rom

I writing fastboot flash recovery twrp.img. Same result ! The phone icon when I reboot in recovery mode.
There is someone with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 MTK version who update the ROM from twrp? How you install twrp?

I writing fastboot flash recovery twrp.img. Same result ! The phone icon when I reboot in recovery mode.
There is someone with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 MTK version who update the ROM from twrp? How you install twrp?
I don't know how to help you, You must know how to do those things if you buy a xiaomi phone. I've installed twrp and rom on Mi4, Redmi note 3 MTK and PRO version too, but I got no issues.

These are the full instructions, see if you've missed a step:

Put the phone in fastboot mode (volume down + power)
Download adb drivers
Download twrp from twrp.me
Copy the twrp .img file to the same adb folder where you have fastboot.exe
Rename the image file to twrp.img
Shift + right click in that folder and select open command window here
Command: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
When the flashing is finished, command: fastboot reboot
IT IS IMPORTANT TO HOLD VOLUME UP + POWER WHILE BOOTING
Phone should boot to recovery (twrp)

Thank you ! This was the issue! After "fastboot reboot " need to keep vol+ and power pressed !
I install super su and now during type above message the screen phone become locked. ""swipe right to unlock" is writing on screen. In 5 minutes I cannot unlock the screen. I will try more!

These are the full instructions, see if you've missed a step:

Put the phone in fastboot mode (volume down + power)
Download adb drivers
Download twrp from twrp.me
Copy the twrp .img file to the same adb folder where you have fastboot.exe
Rename the image file to twrp.img
Shift + right click in that folder and select open command window here
Command: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
When the flashing is finished, command: fastboot reboot
IT IS IMPORTANT TO HOLD VOLUME UP + POWER WHILE BOOTING
Phone should boot to recovery (twrp)

Last edited:
Hello guys
I hope you can help me upgrading my old 7.1.6.0 eu.mod closer to this days. Now I have a problem with LTE connection the phone won`t work with it and this is the reason I decide to upgrade the system. I tried thru TWRP recovery mode but unsuccessfuly. The phone is Redmi Note 3 MTK version. When I tried to upgrade, I got these erors in cmd mode
"
D:\Mi8>fastboot devices
YDSSZPKN99999999 fastboot

D:\Mi8>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending 'recovery' (12410 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.570s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: download for partition 'recovery' is not allowed
)
finished. total time: 0.574s

D:\Mi8>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.569s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.572s

D:\Mi8> "
Recovery can`t be written. I don`t know why. My bootloader is unlocked.
I also try update thru the OTA option and then manualy show on the file but get the message "Couldn`t verify update package".
What can I do to resolve that problem I realy want that LTE option were working on my device?

"
Ok I was successful installed the newest stable version 8.5.2. There was problem because of locked sector for recovery, so I must unlocked again. And then everything went smoothly.
There is problem with battery now. The device was drained battery in 2 days of almost no use. Is there any version which doesn't have such problems. "

Last edited:
Hello guys
I hope you can help me upgrading my old 7.1.6.0 eu.mod closer to this days. Now I have a problem with LTE connection the phone won`t work with it and this is the reason I decide to upgrade the system. I tried thru TWRP recovery mode but unsuccessfuly. The phone is Redmi Note 3 MTK version. When I tried to upgrade, I got these erors in cmd mode
"
D:\Mi8>fastboot devices
YDSSZPKN99999999 fastboot

D:\Mi8>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending 'recovery' (12410 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.570s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: download for partition 'recovery' is not allowed
)
finished. total time: 0.574s

D:\Mi8>fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.569s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.572s

D:\Mi8> "
Recovery can`t be written. I don`t know why. My bootloader is unlocked.
I also try update thru the OTA option and then manualy show on the file but get the message "Couldn`t verify update package".
What can I do to resolve that problem I realy want that LTE option were working on my device?

"
Ok I was successful installed the newest stable version 8.5.2. There was problem because of locked sector for recovery, so I must unlocked again. And then everything went smoothly.
There is problem with battery now. The device was drained battery in 2 days of almost no use. Is there any version which doesn't have such problems. "
Yes battery is draining because of mediatek chips and xiaomi doesnt do anything for it. Every single of my quallcomm devices from xiaomi doest have any issues with battery drain