Yellow tint of the display

I think may be a deformation of some layer of the screen, with a consequent slightly separation, maybe due to an intense use and/or overheating (snapdragon heats so much!).
Of course for me it means factory defect...
I've contacted ibuygou support, let's see what they say.

Last edited:
I have the same curved yellow tint, only mine seems to get worse as time passes... It is now surrounded by discoloration. Haven't overheated the phone for some time now (a few months). I got my MI2 in April

ive got the same issue with my mi2s.. seems to get worse too, also i think there is a start of another half circle above the first one..
ive talked to ibuygou, they wont accpet the fact that it should be under warrenty, and said i will need to pay for a new lcd. worse service ever by then and xiaomi im afarid.
so as for now ive decide not to send it to them, and see what happen here, how come so many people got the problem and they wont take responsebilty??!
that a really bad way to try to get into the western market.

Yep, that's why I bough a new lcd screen.. No more stress only for $99 (end of commercial) :)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

It's the same for me...they said they won't change my display. I'm really disappointed! Im wondering What their stupid guaranty covers if they deny to change defected screen???
Anyway, I think I'll go to replace the screen by myself... @5ulo it's as easy as it seems?

and where can you buy a replacement screen?
will it be the same as xiaomi (ppi and stuff?)

@mblowt it's super easy ;)
1. open phone and remove battery & sim card
2. remove 10 screws and remove the second cover
3. disconnect display (two connectors at bottom right) and gently remove motherboard
4. eat cereals because now you have to be a strong man.. use power :) to unstick the display from the frame. I think it's good to start pushing on the sides of the frame because there's very thin tape.. and push.. and push.. voila, your frame is now free without your old LCD
5. I removed the old tape that was on the frame and used a new one (Tesa double side tape). Just cut out few noodles of the tape that fits the frame.
6. stick your new LCD
7. lay the motherboard on it and connect two lcd connectors (gently!)
8. cover it with the second cover and use your 10 screws
9. put your battery and sim card back in
10. and the last cover.. click.. voila :)

I recommend somewhere between 3 & 4 to test your new display. Connect it to the MB and put the battery on the MB where it should be (3 or 4 pins, can't remember) and turn the phone on.

It look like it's hard work.. too many steps, but it isn't. If your hands aren't shaking 24/7 you will do it ;)

Reactions: mblowt
Hey, If anyone needs a new LCD, I got one after replacing my screen. It comes together with frame and touchscreen, which doesn't work for the upper part. But as explained above you can use the LCD out of it. I want to give it away for a very low price. Just sent me a message if you need one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
With what reasoning they don't accept that it should be under warranty?
As far as we know is a common problem and not the user's fault.
The meaning of this is that ibuygou offers no warranty except DOA in contradiction to the user agreement.
I quote the part from ibuygou's FAQ:
"6:Is there any warranty or after service for the product?
Yes, all of our products are within 1 year warranty except the clearances."

Even if my own MI2S is working great since last May, my opinion about ibuygou and Xiaomi has changed.
I was ready to purchase a second MI2S but now I will wait to see if this problem going to be resolved or not.
From now on I will not recomend Xiaomi products to people around me.

Reactions: regent89
is there a way to get the offical comment? after all they suppose to be in colaboration with this site..
how about try talk to xiaomi directly?
if not its a very poor customer service and we should tell everyone who thinks buy xiaomi its not worth the money, espcially with nexus 5 now cost less then what ibuygou sells the xiaomi phone

by the way, my yellow tint now become larger and a bit purple, and there is another yellow tint starting just about it.. dont know how much the screen will last, a real shame

any update?..
my yellow tint become bigger and a bit purple, and about and below it there is now more half circle, like the first one started.. mmuuchh worse.
ibuyougo now say i probably wont be need to pay, but im still not sure if it possible for me to be with no phone for an unknown time. any other updates?

nexus 5, 350$, depends where you live i guess..
anyway its not the point, the point is they got a faulty product and questionable service

You have two choices:
1. Send your phone back to ibuygou and wait for repair (you have to pay only postage fee) because there's a warranty
2. Buy a new display and try it by yourself

Choice 3, get my display for cheap and repair yourself with the guide above.
Fulcramall asks around € 75 for a new LCD + touchscreen.
You can get working LCD + frame + semi-broken touchscreen for € 30 from me.
Shipping costs will maybe be lower and I except PayPal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mblowt and 5ulo
Ive just shipped back my mi2s to ibuygou.
They said xiaomi will cover costs for the replacement of the screen and they will cover the second shipment... I just had to pay for this shipment (30€ courier), but it seems they will charge a bonus on my account...
I stressed them very much ;)
Hope I won't get any surprise.....

Good luck with that.
I recently opened a topic about the same problem (small half circle on the left middle).
ibuygou did not give a clear answer as to if I will get charged or not after numerous emails
leaving aside the fact that I wouldn't have my phone for at least three weeks.
I decided to buy one myself from ebay and replace it with a friend of mine who is a technician.
I am very sorry to say that but I discourage my friends from buying anything from them and
redirect them to a trustworthy site (at least till now)...

i had the half circle problem on my screen... i emailed ibuygou and they asked me to sent the phone to them. In 3 weeks time i received my phone back with a brand new screen. Only paid for shipping. The support team at ibuygou is great, always replying fast to ANY question an always polite.