Invalid [12.5.1 Stable] Netflix not available on PlayStore, SafetyNet failed

Martin | Mi 11

Members
Mar 28, 2021
Hi. I went from weekly 12.5 to Stable 12.5 with a clean flash and now Netflix is not available anymore on PlayStore. Also I have no play protect certification. What caused this and can I fix it?

Hello,

China V12.5.1.0.RKBCNXM for Mi 11 = "Stable Beta" and not "Stable" release...

That's why Xiaomi doesn't take time to certify this ROM to Google/SafetyNet.

;)

But weekly is certified?
Yes, because all China Beta ROMs are never certified => Xiaomi.eu always patch all Weekly ROMs to pass SafetyNet (so "certified" for Google).

EDIT: Only drawback when Xiaomi.eu patch the Weekly ROMs for SafetyNet => The security patch date info (can be checked by a few apps) is older than the real security patch date of the ROM. A few apps require to have a recent security patch date info in order to use them. ;)

:)

Last edited:
New devices are getting certified on China ROM as well. Probably Venus 12.5 wasn't certified by Google yet, you will have to wait for it.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka

New devices are getting certified on China ROM as well. Probably Venus 12.5 wasn't certified by Google yet, you will have to wait for it.

Like how long might that be? Should I switch to weekly in the meantime?

I don't know how long unfortunately.

Yes, the dev are correct. Currently, the stable MIUI 12.5 for Mi 11 fingerprint's isn't certified by Google yet. For weekly, the dev used the patched fingerprint from the previous stable build 12.0.22.0. IMO, if you want to use Netflix and other apps that need Safetynet certification, it is wise to use weekly releases.

Reactions: Poney70 and Ranatos
Yes, the dev are correct. Currently, the stable MIUI 12.5 for Mi 11 fingerprint's isn't certified by Google yet. For weekly, the dev used the patched fingerprint from the previous stable build 12.0.22.0. IMO, if you want to use Netflix and other apps that need Safetynet certification, it is wise to use weekly releases.
Problem with 12.0.22.0 for MI is that MD5 checksum fails (all download sources), and there are errors when unzipping. At least that's what I observed last Friday. So right now to get SafetyNet Pass, you have to use weekly, no stable availiable that will pass.