120w charging possibly broke my 12T Pro battery status

rogberth

Members
Feb 25, 2013
I started having some issues with the 120w fast charging: getting intermittent fast charges (started and stopped), or the fast charging stopping completely after a few seconds and doing a normal charge. Turbo charge (with a different charger) and normal charging are working fine, though.

I’ve swapped out the battery and tried different 120w Xiaomi official chargers, but the problem keeps coming back.
The problem got worse as I think that after several attempts of fast charging, the information of the battery is unavailable now: no battery level, temperature, etc... This happens with other batteries too. So the only thing left is an issue with the motherboard (or the firmware).

Basically now I can't see how much battery I have left, only 1% is displayed.

What I think happened, whatever hardware component is in charge of the 120w charge protocol got damaged or the firmware didn't work correctly. And maybe after several attempt I just fried it hahah

Is there a chance this could be fixed with a firmware change, or am I looking at a motherboard replacement? I've tried finding something via ADB or some apps with no luck.

Any other idea will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• status.png
    status.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 16