Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on this point. I remember I had tweeted regarding the same few releases ago about the same point to @miuirom and they had considered and updated the release post accordingly :) I think that should be done with every release! It will just make things clear and better. And we, the community, would really appreciate it :)
It can be done... On my site I use some simple bash coded script that reads Android version from build.prop and puts on shortcode that I post via wordpress. So its always visible on my download page. Admins here could make some similar script that reads android versions and generate code that can be included with md5 sums in OP.

But you can do it other way here:
- download rom if you have some broadband internet connection and open zip rom. Then navigate to /system and open build.prop in text editor. The android version is written there.
- other is just to read changelogs. MIUI often puts base numbers in changelogs if there was an update. Just read the changelog every week to see if your device got a newer base.

It can be done... On my site I use some simple bash coded script that reads Android version from build.prop and puts on shortcode that I post via wordpress. So its always visible on my download page. Admins here could make some similar script that reads android versions and generate code that can be included with md5 sums in OP.

But you can do it other way here:
- download rom if you have some broadband internet connection and open zip rom. Then navigate to /system and open build.prop in text editor. The android version is written there.
- other is just to read changelogs. MIUI often puts base numbers in changelogs if there was an update. Just read the changelog every week to see if your device got a newer base.
The second is what I usually do - go to miui's official downloads page, check the Android version and download the zip from here. I hope the admins here make the process simpler as you mentioned :)

I guess I could add jb/ics into the filename. I don't really care if its 4.1.2/4.1.1/4.1.3. Its jb. If your phone has a locked bootloader and a new base means you have to do fastboot, then thats at the fault and stress of your carrier. We can't accommodate everyone when carriers are to blame.

I guess I could add jb/ics into the filename. I don't really care if its 4.1.2/4.1.1/4.1.3. Its jb. If your phone has a locked bootloader and a new base means you have to do fastboot, then thats at the fault and stress of your carrier. We can't accommodate everyone when carriers are to blame.

Agreed, that should be enough to show people that no, their device didn't get a secret JB update this week :p

I'm going to do it......as there is no forum for it yet....when will you guys release MIUI for the.......................galaxy note 2?? is there any plans?

I'm going to do it......as there is no forum for it yet....when will you guys release MIUI for the.......................galaxy note 2?? is there any plans?

Well the Galaxy Note has been in BETA for almost 7 months so who knows. We'll let you know as details are out.

I posted earlyer that youtube 3d didn't work on miui, but that was before i tested the latest (26) version, it works perfectly now. Thanx.

has anyone noticed that since end of september builds, the apn settings are no longer installed/read by default. Is there any reason why?

Phone: HTC One X
Carrier: Virgin Mobile/Yes Optus

It used to show a list of APN's but now it no longer does :(

Like previous .19, using PIN Screen Security results in the standard lockscreen being shown and a hard(cold)-reboot when you unlock. Anybody else experience this? Might be unique to Arc S.

Code:
E/AndroidRuntime(  303): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: WindowManagerPolicy                                                                                   
E/AndroidRuntime(  303): java.lang.NullPointerException                                                                                                               
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.widget.DigitalClock.onFinishInflate(DigitalClock.java:169)                                                     
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate(LayoutInflater.java:747)                                                                       
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate(LayoutInflater.java:742)                                                                       
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:489)                                                                       
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:396)                                                                       
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PasswordUnlockScreen.<init>(PasswordUnlockScreen.java:98)                                         
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView.createUnlockScreenFor(LockPatternKeyguardView.java)                       
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiLockPatternKeyguardView.createUnlockScreenFor(MiuiLockPatternKeyguardView.java:134)           
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView.recreateUnlockScreen(LockPatternKeyguardView.java)                         
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView.updateScreen(LockPatternKeyguardView.java)                                 
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView.access$100(LockPatternKeyguardView.java)                                   
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView$3.goToUnlockScreen(LockPatternKeyguardView.java)                           
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.policy.impl.KeyguardScreenCallbackProxy.goToUnlockScreen(KeyguardScreenCallbackProxy.java:29)                 
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.policy.impl.MiuiLockPatternKeyguardView$KeyguardScreenCallbackImpl.goToUnlockScreenMiuiLockPatternKeyguardView.java:75)                                                                                                                                                                   
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.internal.policy.impl.AwesomeLockScreen$1.run(AwesomeLockScreen.java:266)                                                 
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)                                                                                   
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)                                                                                   
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)                                                                                               
E/AndroidRuntime(  303):        at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService$PolicyThread.run(WindowManagerService.java:745)

EDIT: Also happens with password, so Pattern is the only one that works. I will remove PIN and Password options from my builds for now.

My Phone recognize the Phone Galaxy SIII after I updated to the latest Version of MIUI Rom Can someone help me please. I tried to reinstall the Samsung driver but it didn't help.

I have some difficulties to find the appropriate Italian language pack for Galaxy i9100. Can you pls provide me with the link? Thanks

Screen shacking is still an issue after playing a video with MiVideo. Motorola RAZR XT910.

Is MIUI ROM OTA weekly updated? It 's the very first time I use MIUI ROM on my HTC EVO 3D. The MIUI ROM is much smoother and lighter than stock ROM with HTC Sense, really love it! By the way, how can I manually remove "Chinese Apps" from MIUI ROM and how to change the Boot animation "Xiaomi.com"? Thanks for great ROM!

Is MIUI ROM OTA weekly updated? It 's the very first time I use MIUI ROM on my HTC EVO 3D. The MIUI ROM is much smoother and lighter than stock ROM with HTC Sense, really love it! By the way, how can I manually remove "Chinese Apps" from MIUI ROM and how to change the Boot animation "Xiaomi.com"? Thanks for great ROM!

There are no Chinese apps in our rom. You must not be running our rom.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.