Status
Not open for further replies.
Having couple of issues with the new update:
1) gallery force closes if I open the image editor
2) dialer and contacts force closes if running while xiaomi/google accounts synchronizes
3) big lag and eventually phone freezes after 20-30 minutes using Instagram app

Arc S

With the exception of brand new updates from the OEM that Xiaomi have not yet built with, they are always based on whatever the latest official firmware for the device is.

Yes please would love to feel my Arc S breathing with MIUI :)

I've just reinstalled MIUI... I wanna see if the 2.10.26 has now fixed the annoying log calls for sensation XE when used in car kit! Anyway every time I install a fresh MIUI I simply find it awesome!!

i need miui v4 ics crespo so that i can port it to vibrant...is download link for latest miui is jb or ics?

You guys don't build for the toro?
Ryan does. Its a port. He is busy. You don't need it every week. Give him some time. Or show some patience.

Is there a ROM for HTC HD2 ?????? Thanks.
No... If there was, it would be in the OP. We don't hide roms -_-

i need miui v4 ics crespo so that i can port it to vibrant...is download link for latest miui is jb or ics?
You could download it and figure it out -_- Its JB

Regarding the PIN/Password screen security hard-reboot on Arc S, I have some more information on it and a dodgy hack to work-around it.

For some reason the DigitalClock code is crashing on two calls to setting the clock text/display methods in android/widget/TextView class, I'm not sure why. It's not the font parameter nor the time format, the null pointer is from getting handles on the digitalclock itself (or whatever you want to call it). NFI why.

Anyway, to solve it so it works again in my ports I comment-out these two bits of code (in com/android/internal/widget/DigitalClock.smali):

Code:
#invoke-virtual {v1, v0}, Landroid/widget/TextView;->setText(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)V

[...]

#invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Landroid/widget/TextView;->setTypeface(Landroid/graphics/Typeface;)V

It results in the clock not being shown, but now the PIN and Password screen security is usable again. I know it's possible this is a bug from Xiaomi's end, so if someone could forward on the info it'd be appreciated. Maybe, just *maybe* this could all be related to the multilanguage issue too. I can only speculate on that though.

Cheers!

Reactions: Spacebrother
Hi Admin,

Where I can find mapping apps in the package? Just installed the gaaps but only playstore and news installed?

Thanks.

Is MIUI ROM OTA weekly updated? It 's the very first time I use MIUI ROM on my HTC EVO 3D. The MIUI ROM is much smoother and lighter than stock ROM with HTC Sense, really love it! By the way, how can I manually remove "Chinese Apps" from MIUI ROM and how to change the Boot animation "Xiaomi.com"? Thanks for great ROM!

what chinese apps? some kind of bloatware like? :eek:
you can changes the boot animation from themes section, just download whatever themes you find then you can customize it every single aspect of themes in this ROM, it should be easy to find it, eh? :)

Hi Admin,

Where I can find mapping apps in the package? Just installed the gaaps but only playstore and news installed?

Thanks.
just install the MAP from playstore and you good to go.. :)

btw, for the admin, i have a critical question, please advice..
i can't flash a custom kernel like, Anthrax, Yoda, or CoolExe kernel.. here's the detail for what i did a couple days ago:
somebody in XDA mention about flashing the kernel for MIUI ROM, i need first flash it from Flash Image GUI using an Anryl kernel, then i should be good to go to flash another kernel, he said the reason that anthrax, yoda, coolexe, buttertoast couldn't flash is because they used aroma as an installer.. but after several attempt to flash Anryl Kernel, i returned with no luck, it's said failed to write a signed boot.img.. it's also happened when i flashed it through recovery (error 33), my recovery is 4Ext Recovery, then i try again to flash via Flash Image GUI, still failed and the error messages is same as before, so does it mean that MIUI ROM for Evo 3D GSM have a signed boot.img? IMHO, the boot.img deny me to change to another boot.img custom kernel, how can i fix this? :confused:

Hello, I have a question. I have Galaxy S III (int. version). I think your build is for some other version of Galaxy S III, because, I cannot flash it (error status 7). Thanks for the answer....
(I tried 2.10.19 over CyanogenMod 9.1 - surely wiped data and cache before trying to flash...)
I can see that everyone is telling you to use the CF CWM that is n0t touch recovery...
See here's the real deal, the best recovery you are currently going to find for you S3 is here (but everyone do read... GSM version only):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1719744
Will you be able to flash MIUI with it?
Yes, but you will need to something first... don't blame me, blame the Chinese... i've been telling them this since I don't know when.

First what you do is:
- Download the latest MIUI ROM
- If you are checking for the MD5 changes do that now, after making changes to the .zip MD5 will be different
- Open the file via some program open zip files (winrar, winzip, ... they all work fine)
- Inside you will see the META-INF folder... as it's name tells it contains information about what to install and where and some other stuff... navigate through the folders to META-INF/com/google/android/
- Now inside that folder you will see the updater-script... if your program for handling zip files allows direct editing open it with the notepad or some other text editor else just extract it somewhere and you will append it back to zip after editing
- Inside the file look at the first few lines and you should see this
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "m0" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "m0" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys3");
See this is a pre install script and will be runned before the actual install and since the Chinese and miuiandroid.com developers (after ther rebuild version) only look for 'm0' and 'galaxys3' you are "forced" to use the old, not touch CWM that they sent you too.

Solution??
- Either delete these few lines (and be aware that it will not check for which device it's meant so don't try to install it on any other device)
- Replace them with the lines that should be there and here they are:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "m0" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "m0" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "i9300" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "i9300" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys3" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys3")||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9300" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9300");
Now save the file (directly or append to zip file) go to recovery and happily flash via touch recovery ;)

But note, that you have to do these steps on every update at least until they start listening to me.

I will also make a tutorial on dual boot, but since only JB rom's are supported, MIUI can't be a part of it now :)

I just flashed the new Miui rom on my Galaxy Nexus. Homescreen scrolling lag seems to be much better.
I still notice lag on the lockscreen, more so when switching to the music controls.
I'll see how it goes with Franco's latest Milstone 6.

The equalizer background on the music lockscreen part is acting strange. (flickering)
Anyone else has this ?

The equalizer background on the music lockscreen part is acting strange. (flickering)
Anyone else has this ?

Thank goodness, I thought it was only me.
Yup, I get this as well. Aesthetically not pleasing, but I can live with it for a while.

I guess it's just a bug they can fix :). Only thing I'm wishing for now is the lockscreen performance.
If that get's 'up to speed', the MiUI experience for me will be very good.

Any T-Mo love here? Which version should I flash? "m0-2.10.26.zip" or "d2att-2.10.26.zip?"

Someone help!

Status
Not open for further replies.