Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tested this on SGS III, need to know if Root has been fixed... Will try a full wipe before I flash but, since I'm at work don't want to risk losing all before I'm home and off the phone.
Also, any info on contact pics would be nice.
what root issue?

no, I just tried with multi mount, which request about 20 root requests/sec and it did not crash

Meaning... root is there or no?
thanks.

Nevermind, I just tried, it is NOT WORKING. arghhh... File Explorer can't mount system as writable.

Users : Instead of asking if xyz has been fixed, why not download and test yourselves ? We dont have all the devices unless your willing to provide these. On the other hand i dont think anyone would waste time letting you know if xyz is fixed cause the roms are so leet people just download and run away and sit in a corner and dribble in excitement.

Regards

File Explorer never did

I'm not talking about MIUI File Explorer, I'm talking about ES File Explorer, root Explorer and Solid Explorer Beta 2, none of them can mount System as Writable. Even using SuperSU or SuperUser is futil.
ROOT is not there. Simple.
What works though is App Quarantine that seems to be able to block apps. Weir issue.
BTW, Fresh install, full wipes.

Users : Instead of asking if xyz has been fixed, why not download and test yourselves ? We dont have all the devices unless your willing to provide these. On the other hand i dont think anyone would waste time letting you know if xyz is fixed cause the roms are so leet people just download and run away and sit in a corner and dribble in excitement.

Regards

I'm sorry but even though I agree that there is some excitement on every Friday release, some people rely on their phones to work and asking about fixes is not an unreasonable behavior, specially when you need your phone and you are living with bugs present on your rom but cannot afford (at the time or at all) to do a clean install to find out if they have been solved., thus, relying on other people's experience.

To give you a clear example, I have created a thread in the Bugs section for the SGS III and only one user has replied to it, so there is only two of us who seem to care about the SGS III (which has been sold 20.000.000 times all over the world) so you can understand if we hesitate to rush into flashing a rom that may or may not fix whatever but we found on previous releases and even include new ones.

Just a thought.

All bugs from previouse version GNEX rom are still here :( laging launcher, lockscreen, shadow bug on desktop, no LED settings, soft keys nav bar bug, NO incoming call vibration etc etc ect. :(

Unlock lag seems to have increased. It takes forever for the lockscreen to show up after home button is pressed. SGS2 2.9.7.

All bugs from previouse version GNEX rom are still here :( laging launcher, lockscreen, shadow bug on desktop, no LED settings, soft keys nav bar bug, NO incoming call vibration etc etc ect. :(
I have a silky smooth launcher, but this week the lock screen is terrible. Oddly in the daily builds there was no issue.

I'm sorry but even though I agree that there is some excitement on every Friday release, some people rely on their phones to work and asking about fixes is not an unreasonable behavior, specially when you need your phone and you are living with bugs present on your rom but cannot afford (at the time or at all) to do a clean install to find out if they have been solved., thus, relying on other people's experience.

To give you a clear example, I have created a thread in the Bugs section for the SGS III and only one user has replied to it, so there is only two of us who seem to care about the SGS III (which has been sold 20.000.000 times all over the world) so you can understand if we hesitate to rush into flashing a rom that may or may not fix whatever but we found on previous releases and even include new ones.

Just a thought.
True true, but this is why users should back up regularly and before flashing. This is a standard requirement when flashing custom ROMs. And same applies to leaked stock ROMs.

Back up, back up and back up. Even I back up cause I have priceless data on my device.

Incoming call vibration works for me I am using GSM GNEX

One thing which has been greatly improved in this weeks Miui 4.1 gnex build is the memory usage has been lowered. ATM I can claim back at least -400mb

Reactions: vexedFalcon
I'm not talking about MIUI File Explorer, I'm talking about ES File Explorer, root Explorer and Solid Explorer Beta 2, none of them can mount System as Writable. Even using SuperSU or SuperUser is futil.
ROOT is not there. Simple.
What works though is App Quarantine that seems to be able to block apps. Weir issue.
BTW, Fresh install, full wipes.
Im using an i9300 and I've only had an issue with root on the very first build and since then no issues. I did a fresh install of last weeks build and all was fine.

When doing a fresh install what I do is jump into LBE Guard and make sure root is enabled. From there I then launch the app that requires root and you will see the popup asking you if you want to allow root. All you do is allow it and off you go...

Then using the MIUI Backup app I just backup the Permission Manager settings and then I don't have to worry about it bugging me when I do another fresh install ;)

Sometimes I've experienced that the app doesn't have root immediately but by either killing the process or rebooting the phone this resolves it.

Reactions: MasterTB and Pele
HTC One X (int'l)
updated to 2.9.7 - thank you!

2012-09-07 10.24.10.png 2012-09-07 10.24.45.png 2012-09-07 10.24.30.png 2012-09-07 10.24.32.png 2012-09-07 10.26.27.png

Im using an i9300 and I've only had an issue with root on the very first build and since then no issues. I did a fresh install of last weeks build and all was fine.

When doing a fresh install what I do is jump into LBE Guard and make sure root is enabled. From there I then launch the app that requires root and you will see the popup asking you if you want to allow root. All you do is allow it and off you go...

Then using the MIUI Backup app I just backup the Permission Manager settings and then I don't have to worry about it bugging me when I do another fresh install ;)

Sometimes I've experienced that the app doesn't have root immediately but by either killing the process or rebooting the phone this resolves it.

Yeah, I did this on the SGS II but couldn't replicate it on the SGS III. Will try again when I get home. I have wifi there so doing a clean install is easier (my data plan sucks and some apps require data, like Google to sync contacts...)
Thanks for the tip.
Still, using SuperSU is a valid workaround for me, for now.

I have Bluetooth issue since 2.8.24... has the issue been fixed on this version? My computer cannot find my phone vice versa, any solution? Thank you. My phone is Saga. Is that okay to flash new rom version weekly to your phone? Can the team release update at least once a month but in drastically significant change?

I've updated and it's working. I do get an error like the pic below. Did both wipes two times and it's still there :confused: (HTC One X)

Screenshot_2012-09-07-16-44-47.png

icon shadow cant disabled --> not fixed since last week
clock widget always at 12h format --> same "mistake" since last week
german provider "O2" shown as "Tchibo" again

Status
Not open for further replies.