Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get pissed off.
Contacts keeps FCing on me whenever I manually try to add a picture to a contact.
This is ridiculous.

Contacts keeps FCing on me whenever I manually try to add a picture to a contact.
This is ridiculous.

Grab a logcat then plox. May be a XML problem, may be an Xiaomi problem. Won't know till I see the logcat.

This is ridiculous.
Please calm the language down as well dude... there's really no need for it.

Grab a logcat then plox. May be a XML problem, may be an Xiaomi problem. Won't know till I see the logcat.

I sent many reports already but the main issue is this:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity Componentinfo {com.android.contacts/com.android.contacts.activities.CropPhotoActivity}: android.view.
InflateException:Binary XML file line#59: Error inflating class <unknown> at android.app.ActivityThread. ... the list goes on but the cause seems to be an out of memory error in the graphics when trying to add or display pictures manually.
My problems almost always happen when trying to add a picture to a contact.

Screenshot_2012-09-07-18-23-00.png
Hope this helps. The cap is from the first error, editing a pic.

Displaying a picture triggers this:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError at android.graphics.BitmapFactory.nativeDecodeByteArray (Native Method) at android.graphics.BitmapFactory.decodeByteArray (BitmapFactory.hava:535) at com.android.contacts.editor.PhotoEditorView.setValues (PhotoEditorView.java:104) and the list goes on.

Screenshot_2012-09-07-18-29-05.png Screenshot_2012-09-07-18-28-59.pngScreenshot_2012-09-07-18-28-54.png this last three (don't know if they are in order, sorry) are from the last problem. Displaying a contact picture.

@Mark, sorry.

Edit. Even scrolling through the contacts causes an FC
y3e6uhu5.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-07-18-28-54.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-07-18-28-54.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Screenshot_2012-09-07-18-28-59.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-07-18-28-59.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 307
Seems theres a bad image in there. Its trying to inflate it and it fails. There should be multiple checks in the ImageDecoder to prevent that. I don't see how thats failing.

Well I'm not a dev so, can't help much. For now I removed all external accounts and images and I have no isues so far.
Maybe MIUI can look at it through the week and sort it.

Sorry again for the rant. Wasn't expecting this kind of issue on an SGS III ¿-out of memory-? jaja.

Anyway, other than this annoyance, the rom works fine. A little lag still but nothing unbearable.

I downloaded the s2 rom and selected to install, it restarted to recovery and starts but is failing to open/extract zip or update.

Also the updater never seem to find any new update..

I downloaded the s2 rom and selected to install, it restarted to recovery and starts but is failing to open/extract zip or update.

Also the updater never seem to find any new update..
Which recovery are you using?

Well I'm not a dev so, can't help much. For now I removed all external accounts and images and I have no isues so far.
Maybe MIUI can look at it through the week and sort it.

Sorry again for the rant. Wasn't expecting this kind of issue on an SGS III ¿-out of memory-? jaja.

Anyway, other than this annoyance, the rom works fine. A little lag still but nothing unbearable.
We all get frustrated, you've provided some great info to pass on.

Reactions: MasterTB
Hello there, would this rom work with HTC Desire HD or Inspire 4G? Thank you.

No, as the Desire HD / Inspire 4G is not getting ICS or JB officially it will not get officially MIUI from Xiaomi as Xiaomi is now based off stock ROMs.

I dont know if this is just an issue with my phone but since i upgraded i cant use my home button to return to homescreen from any app.... I have an Evo 3d GSM s-on

Same problem with the home button! EVO 3D S-OFF. A restart did fix the problem, but only temporarily :(
Still loving Miui tho :D
Thanks the work

I'm evo3d s-off, I'll be flashing in about an hour... We'll see if I get the same issue! Hope not!

Did either of you try fixing permissions?

Edit: just read the rest of the posts, I see it's a common issue! Oh well I'll give it a try anyways!

Sent from my Ballistic HC fortified, MIUI 2.8.31 ICS injected EVO 3D

I'm evo3d s-off, I'll be flashing in about an hour... We'll see if I get the same issue! Hope not!

Did either of you try fixing permissions?

Edit: just read the rest of the posts, I see it's a common issue! Oh well I'll give it a try anyways!

Turning off the misuse mode seems to have fixed the issue for me...haven't had the home button misbehave in about 6 hours now.

Sent from my MIUI Sensation via Tapatalk 2

Turning off the misuse mode seems to have fixed the issue for me...haven't had the home button misbehave in about 6 hours now.

Sent from my MIUI Sensation via Tapatalk 2

Good to know! Thanks!

Edit: Confirmed, that fixed it for me! I'd thank again if that were possible :cool:

Reactions: MikusP
tjis is kinda strange:) with 2.8.24 on my EVO 3D i had these results 2500+ with Quadrant Bantchmark and 3500+ with AnTuTu, now on 2.9.7 1725 on Quadrant and 5620 points on AnTuTu?

Also have problem with home button on my HTC EVO 3D. Other great ROM. Where can I disable this misuse to fix home button? Thanks

hello. a little problem...."export to sim card" doesn't work. i want to export to sim card but apparently sim card is full ,although I have no sim card contacts

Good afternoon everyone...I put the last release yesterday on my gnex maguro and I can say that it's a very good job...the only problem that I have had is with lockscreen and with miui launcher that are very laggy...I solved replacing the launcher whit 360 launcher and downloading a different lockscreen...one question to all users and admin...in your opinion what is the best custom kernel for this rom? Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.