MIUI 12.2 20.10.29/30

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Poco F2 Pro/K30 Pro sound settings force close after latest update. It was a dirty flash, though.

Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.SubSettings}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.settings.dndmode.Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getCoded()' on a null object reference

at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:663) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)

at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:67)

at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)

at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)

at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:52)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:101)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int com.android.settings.dndmode.Alarm$DaysOfWeek.getCoded()' on a null object reference

at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettings.refreshZenRuleSettings(Unknown Source:108)

at com.android.settings.MiuiSoundSettings.onCreate(Unknown Source:304)

at android.app.Fragment.performCreate(Unknown Source:13)

at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(Unknown Source:359)

at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.addAddedFragments(Unknown Source:46)

at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executeOpsTogether(Unknown Source:129)

at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.removeRedundantOperationsAndExecute(Unknown Source:99)

at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(Unknown Source:21)

at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executePendingTransactions(Unknown Source:0)

at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.switchToFragment(Unknown Source:199)

at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.launchSettingFragment(Unknown Source:35)

at com.android.settings.SettingsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:173)

at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:65)

at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)

at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)

at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:399)

... 11 more
No that issue on Mi10Pro

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Redmi Note 8 feedback:
  • Installed fine, working well, as with previous weeklies
  • Security patch is still October
  • Contacts search is fixed, Keyboard and Sync settings have the new UI
  • No other changes noticeable, I haven't checked the new USB dialog
Hi what is this quote.
I have notice somewhere in the Telegram.
- recovery issue, after flash lose recovery PAY ATTENTION, for come back in recovery need fastboot from pc

Is this effect Redmi Note 8.
Thanks in advance.

Dear Developers,

Thank you for doing a wonderful job on Android 11. Can someone please instruct me on how to root the K30 (Phoenix) which I have lost after switching to the beta. I have tried patching the boot.img and flashing it separately using both twrp and fastboot to no avail.

I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Afthab

Last edited:
just flashed weekly 20.10.30 on Mi9T. no issues. all good w/o bugs (so far)
fluent and smooth as last A10 (20.9.17) if not better !
thanks' to developers for excellent work ! highly appreciated

Mi 10 5G - umi
Just updated to the 20. 10.30 and I cannot load Magisk Manager.
I can, however, install the Magisk zip file from TWRP and it is recognised as being rooted.
Anyone else with similar issues?

Last edited:
Have dirty upgraded mi 9t since 10.22. Dirty flash upgraded to 10.30.

Works okay with some app issues with last build. Still cannot flash magisk, which will lead to fastboot on reboot.

Wondering if anyone has found solutions to rooting mi 9t with the latest android 11 based miui 12?

Many thanks

Have dirty upgraded mi 9t since 10.22. Dirty flash upgraded to 10.30.

Works okay with some app issues with last build. Still cannot flash magisk, which will lead to fastboot on reboot.

Wondering if anyone has found solutions to rooting mi 9t with the latest android 11 based miui 12?

Many thanks
did you tried the solution presented last week ? flash magisk_11 (aka magisk_R ) in TWRP before magisk 20.4 / 21 ? (flash both and then reboot)
it was reported to work on mi 9T. after just install manager apk and set channel to canary.

Reactions: seities
did you tried the solution presented last week ? flash magisk_11 (aka magisk_R ) in TWRP before magisk 20.4 / 21 ? (flash both and then reboot)
it was reported to work on mi 9T. after just install manager apk and set channel to canary.
Sorry I haven't. Where do I get magisk r? I have tried both canery app and twrp zip to no avail. Thanks

update:
found this link in a previous post here:

flashed magisk_11/R and magisk 21 with TWRP. Seemed to work now! :)

Still wondering where I could find the magisk11/R from official website, but hopefully it'll be worked into an official release?

Thanks so much for the heads up. Really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Tks for great Rom but does anyone know why thin font problem still not fix after 3 weekly builds?

Gửi từ Mi 10 Pro của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Sorry I haven't. Where do I get magisk r? I have tried both canery app and twrp zip to no avail. Thanks

update:
found this link in a previous post here:

flashed magisk_11/R and magisk 21 with TWRP. Seemed to work now! :)

Still wondering where I could find the magisk11/R from official website, but hopefully it'll be worked into an official release?

Thanks so much for the heads up. Really appreciate it!
np mate :)
magisk_11 or magisk_R (name set for A11) seems to me to be actually an earlier version of the magisk_debug (from topjohnwu git) which works on A11 w/o issues...

Reactions: seities and Poney70
Mi9T, if I update from twrp rom+magisk21 = fastboot.
I had to install rom+magiskR and then update magisk via manger to beta 21.
Maybe can help someone

Hi what is this quote.
I have notice somewhere in the Telegram.
- recovery issue, after flash lose recovery PAY ATTENTION, for come back in recovery need fastboot from pc

Is this effect Redmi Note 8.
Thanks in advance.
Nope, it doesn't affect RN8, read carefully, everything is in the first two posts of the thread.

try uninstall magisk modules & magisk, reboot and then flash the new weekly as you are on A11... might help
you can reinstall magisk after once rebooted ok
Thanks friend, it was enough to disable the magisk modules and I was able to update the rom from twrp and reinstall magisk all at once.
is it better to use the beta version or the magisk canary? which gives less problems on android 11?

Reactions: raul61
Hi. I did it as always. Download file, settings, enter miui version and 3 dots to choose file and let twrp 3.4.0.1 do the rest. I don't know if it's related but I stayed in version 20.9.17 till this one. Maybe a clean install, I don't know, but you will lose all your data...

Did you do a clean install or just dalvik and cache above version 27.9.17? Did you uninstall dual apps before the flash? Twrp 3.4.0.1 where can I find it?

Thanks friend, it was enough to disable the magisk modules and I was able to update the rom from twrp and reinstall magisk all at once.
is it better to use the beta version or the magisk canary? which gives less problems on android 11?
topjohnwu (creator) recommends to use beta version (channel) as better supported by modules (!)

Status
Not open for further replies.