MIUI 12.3 20.11.18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umi Mi 10, I stopped at 20.10.30, I preferred not to update for known problems with recovery, it is not clear and was not specified in this version 20.11.18, what happens with twrp, is it replaced even now?
You can do updates with usb org but not twrp anymore.

Installing previous ROM at my Mi 10, I found today that it updated my TWRP. So, now when I booted for the first time in TWRP, it was in chinese. Ok, changed this, but I didn't see the patern at first so to be able to install the new ROM. I don't need it any more? Also when I try from Update to install the new version, it says my storage is encrypted, but it doesn't show again the patern and the ROM is not installed. Now I try from OTA to see...

Edit: Just saw the above answer... "You can do updates with usb org but not twrp anymore. " So I must install the ROM through USB!?

hello is there any temporary workaround to silent mode turning on automatically on each reboot?

Installing previous ROM at my Mi 10, I found today that it updated my TWRP. So, now when I booted for the first time in TWRP, it was in chinese. Ok, changed this, but I didn't see the patern at first so to be able to install the new ROM. I don't need it any more? Also when I try from Update to install the new version, it says my storage is encrypted, but it doesn't show again the patern and the ROM is not installed. Now I try from OTA to see...

Edit: Just saw the above answer... "You can do updates with usb org but not twrp anymore. " So I must install the ROM through USB!?
Yes

Reactions: ekonstadoudakis
You can do updates with usb org but not twrp anymore.

If you go back to some of my earlier posts here, you will see that the 'new' TWRP is based on an older version of TWRP which does not decrypt. And so you have to re-direct the installation through the USB-OTG - ie. USB memory stick.
I have an Mi 10 (umi). You will see that I have been able to boot into another version of TWRP - 3.4.2b-0623 (without flashing it into memory), through Fastboot, and use it as before - with decryption, installation, etc. If you are going to try it, I would suggest that you do a backup, just in case!

Last edited:
Umi Mi 10, I stopped at 20.10.30, I preferred not to update for known problems with recovery, it is not clear and was not specified in this version 20.11.18, what happens with twrp, is it replaced even now?
The ZIP still contains the recovery.img file, so it will automatically flash a compatible recovery when you flash the zip

The status bar disappears from the control center
What triggers it is when you pull down the control center in landscape mode
It comes back after reboot
f95d871f06c740a04a546ea1bd9e4c60.jpg
2dbeb7f27309ba3b94e7ce8330c88597.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

hi mi10 umi
i have a problem
i try to install 20.11.18
but it said that error7
then i rebooted into recovery an it didt install new twrp
now i cant install old twrp an i cant get it to use otg it keeps saying corrupt zipfile
i can boot into twrp normal way but wen i use fastboot boot recovery my touch dont work also wen i reboot to start system touch wont work
what can i do shut i flash another boot.img

I just installed on Mi 10 Pro with the updater. After that flashed TWRP-3.4.2B with USB-OTG and it all works fine. Thanks a lot DEVS

hi mi10 umi
i have a problem
i try to install 20.11.18
but it said that error7
then i rebooted into recovery an it didt install new twrp
now i cant install old twrp an i cant get it to use otg it keeps saying corrupt zipfile
i can boot into twrp normal way but wen i use fastboot boot recovery my touch dont work also wen i reboot to start system touch wont work
what can i do shut i flash another boot.img
Which version of TWRP are you trying to flash?
If you look at some of my earlier posts, you will see that I can successfully boot into 3.4.2b-0623 TWRP, and use that successfully.
I also have an Mi 10 (umi).
Error 7 implies either a wrong ROM file, or a corruption. You could try downloading the zip file again.

Note: after reboot phone might turn Silent mode on automatically - you have to turn it off manually, it's known bug.

---> Facing this bug

Mi 10 pro:
Any news regarding twrp for android 11 with decryption? Any ETA?
Mi 10 pro, use the 0623 TWRP (flashed to memory), works as normal on this weekly AND previous weekly build. No TWRP problem. No fussy decryption issue.

Note: after reboot phone might turn Silent mode on automatically - you have to turn it off manually, it's known bug.

---> Facing this bug
It's a "known bug"
No one was asking how many people are facing this bug.

I really like this new Power Menu - I'm going to keep it on.
One point - Fastboot and Recovery are the other way round to what they were on my previous power menu. I should get used to it, but for some where there are problems with TWRP, this may be an issue.
(If I would pay more attention to the icons, I should get it right!)

Status
Not open for further replies.