MIUI 12.3 20.11.18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Restore a TWRP backup of the system and data

I explain:

when installing a previous rom 20.11.5 the phone returns to the recovery can not move forward without formatting the data so I asked the question

On Mi 10 I get stuck on MI logo when flashing 20.11.18.
Flashing from twrp from OTG USB.

Flashing 20.11.12. after boots normal but no way to upgrade.

Even did factory reset and wipe data and same problem.

Any idea what to do to update?

I explain:

when installing a previous rom 20.11.5 the phone returns to the recovery can not move forward without formatting the data so I asked the question
You have to format data.
You are doing a downgrade

Then you shouldn't be asking something you already know...right?

But if you have a way to downgrade without format data, you can share with us. We are eager to learn

I asked the question:

1. because maybe someone smarter could find some way.

2.- if you don't have a solution ignore me and let others with a solution speak

3. that's what the question was for them

I tried installing this update from 20.10.30 from updater app but the phone rebooted to recovery
Then tried to install it again from recovery, wipe dalvik and cache and deleting the package_cache folder but also rebooted to recovery
Then tried to install it from the usb_otg and wipe dalvik and cache but also rebooted to recovery
My phone is Mi 9T and the recovery is TWRP 3.4.0-0
Any help please?

Last edited:
someone knows how to go back to an older rom if you don't have to format data ?
Downgrading weekly ROM version without format data should be possible if: No Android version downgrade -AND- No "security patch date" (in "/system/build.prop") downgrade. ;)

I tried installing this update from 20.10.30 from updater app but the phone rebooted to recovery
Then tried to install it again from recovery, wipe dalvik and cache and deleting the package_cache folder but also rebooted to recovery
Then tried to install it from the usb_otg and wipe dalvik and cache but also rebooted to recovery
My phone is Mi 9T
Any help please?
Hello,

How did you install 20.10.30? Did you remove ROM encryption (using "DFE" or something related to that)?

What's your current TWRP version?

I asked the question:

1. because maybe someone smarter could find some way.

2.- if you don't have a solution ignore me and let others with a solution speak

3. that's what the question was for them
Yea, true.
And thanks for sharing the "powermenu" file.
Helped me make the magisk and TWRP mods :)

Downgrading weekly ROM version without format data should be possible if: No Android version downgrade -AND- No "security patch date" (in "/system/build.prop") downgrade. ;)

interesting contribution: So if I'm in the last beta you should modify the build.prop and I can downgrade to version 20.11.5 That's what you mean?

Hello,

How did you install 20.10.30? Did you remove ROM encryption (using "DFE" or something related to that)?

What's your current TWRP version?
Yes I used method for decryption and since that I haven't encrypted the storage
My current TWRP is 3.4.0-0

interesting contribution: So if I'm in the last beta you should modify the build.prop and I can downgrade to version 20.11.5 That's what you mean?
I extracted "build.prop" file from 20.11.11 (for "raphael") and I see => ro.build.version.security_patch=2019-11-01

What's the current date for 20.11.18? If it's the same then I don't know why you can't downgrade ROM version. :(

Yes I used method for decryption and since that I haven't encrypted the storage
My current TWRP is 3.4.0-0
So you have to install "DFE" again (after each ROM update) to be able to boot. ;)

I extracted "build.prop" file from 20.11.11 (for "raphael") and I see => ro.build.version.security_patch=2019-11-01

What's the current date for 20.11.18? If it's the same then I don't know why you can't downgrade ROM version. :(

So you have to install "DFE" again (after each ROM update) to be able to boot. ;)
Can you tell me the detailed steps?

no its rom 20.11.5 not 20.11.11

[QUOTE = "остался, сообщение: 573291, участник: 249906"]
кто-то знает, как вернуться к более старому ПЗУ, если вам не нужно форматировать данные?
[/ QUOTE]
Восстановить все из TWRP кроме BOOT. BOOT должен быть с последнего установленного ROM. Вам не нужно ничего форматировать.

Last edited:
Restore everything from TWRP except BOOT. BOOT must be from the last installed ROM. You don't need to format anything.
[/CITAR]

then the steps would be: ?

1: Restore everything from TWRP except BOOT.
2.install rom 20.11.5
3.Restore everything from TWRP except BOOT. again
4. reboot

then the steps would be:
1: Restore everything from TWRP except BOOT.
2.install rom 20.11.5
3.user backup everything from TWRP except BOOT. again
4. reboot

1.Restore everything from TWRP except BOOT
2.Reboot
3.Everything

If you need a more old ROM, then flash it, then flash BOOT from the last ROM that was installed.

Last edited:
1.Restore everything from TWRP except BOOT
2.Reboot
3.Everything

If you need a more old ROM, then flash it, then flash BOOT from the last ROM that was installed.

here

there are two boot: boot logo and and boot

Status
Not open for further replies.