MIUI 12.3 20.11.25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
App Vault is buggy (on RN7 Pro). Some shortcuts dont respond, some dont move when editing, etc.

@Igor Eisberg
You say: Try deleting the file /data/system/locksettings.db with TWRP's File Manager, then reboot and try to set a new password and fingerprint.
I did that. Now, after launching, I can't run any app. Notification: Wait untill your phone is fully rebooted before opening apps.
Can I fix this anyway or do I have to flash fastboot rom?
Edit
I couldn’t find a solution, so I flashed fastboot rom and then Eu rom. Fingerprint sensor still don`t work, so must be a rom issue.

Yes, I don't know if I should switch to stock or stable xiaomi.eu because of lower possibility of bricking the phone while doing updates and etc.
But if you are going to, for example stable .eu, then surely you will not be doing any updates anyway.

Hi.
I flashed the rom for Mi 9 Lite. The UI is faster than enough but I noticed a little battery drain. I got about 4 hour SoT instead of 5-6 with white theme and 60% brightness. Also the keyboard was lagging when I tiping, a restart was solved this problem. The note app has a bug too: If I write a few rows than it start to lag and freeze. (Using Gboard for typing). Old bug: when I close the messenger (delete from history or just close the bubble) it freeze the whole phone with 7-8% chance. Notification center is a little laggier too. The whole bugs feels like an app in the background causing the problem or maybe a setting. I hope I will find or it will be fixed.
Camera bug: the photos have low resolution when I take a picture from an animal, all the hair are ugly. I compared with a rn8 (also 48 mp camera) and take much better photos.

The volume and the restart UI are smooth and great. Everything works fine just need a little fix for thoose bugs ;)

Reactions: Mitch31
So... mi 9 is a somewhat of a do not try this version?
Anyone else having fingerprint issues?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Mi9 here.
Coming from 20.11.18 i dirty flashed this version.
Battery consumption increased by factor 3-4.
Just reinstalled 20.11.18 and will see if it gets better again

Reactions: nimre and rjreis
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: geoorg
Something that's often confusing is that USB C is a connector; USB 1, 2.0, and 3.x are standards. It's usual, but not manadatory, for a USB C connector to use a 3.x standard. But there's nothing exceptional about a C connector being used with the slower 2.0 data standard, which is what happens on some Xiaomi models; the Redmi Note 7 is one. On the other hand, the use of the C connector enables Quick Charge (e.g., QC4) so long as the charger supports SnapDragon QC; I'm not sure if QC works with micro USB so there's a reason for the C connector in addition to it being current (the RN7 supports QC up to 18W; higher-end phones charge faster). So it may be that the slow speed Kaitozaki finds is a normal harware "feature", nothing to do with the operating system or other software, and not a fault. HTH

P.S.: sites that list phone specifications, such as https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_7-9513.php, will tell you, for example, "USB Type-C 2.0". I've checked a higher-end model, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G: also USB 2.0, so it seems to be usual.

Hi base from my knowledge and what i saw, 400 to 300 mbps drop to 50mbps to a average 10mbps file transfer...

If you are saying type c is base on a usb 2.0 why does it show 400mbps?

Type c is already equipped with high data transfer rate and hardware cannot be faulted, do not educate others that type c is slow.
Screenshot_2020-11-29-16-45-04-594_com.android.chrome.jpg

Mi9 here.
Coming from 20.11.18 i dirty flashed this version.
Battery consumption increased by factor 3-4.
Just reinstalled 20.11.18 and will see if it gets better again

Dirty flashed 20.11.18 over 20.11.25, no problems so far.
Standby battery drain is back to 3%/10hr from 11%/10hr

Reactions: Tesla_42
Status
Not open for further replies.