MIUI 12.3 20.12.2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi 9 Lite

>Home Launcher (the default on this build) crashed twice in 2 days;
>Camera App (Video Mode) is crashing;
>Pressing Volume Down + Power to take a screenshot takes the screenshot and the volume goes down. The volume bar keeps showing up, trying to make the volume lower from 0. Won't stop until I press power to turn off the screen;
>Fingerprint unlock lags from time to time, won't open the phone. The phone unlocks with a big lag;
>Apps started to crash more often than usual;
>Whenever I start to speak to someone, the screen lights up, and I start to press buttons with my cheek (lol);

Should I just give up on these alpha-beta builds, revert to the stable branch, or even remove it from my phone and rollback to the default firmware?

I'm getting really annoyed by all of these bugs. :(

Mi 9 Lite

>Home Launcher (the default on this build) crashed twice in 2 days;
>Camera App (Video Mode) is crashing;
>Pressing Volume Down + Power to take a screenshot takes the screenshot and the volume goes down. The volume bar keeps showing up, trying to make the volume lower from 0. Won't stop until I press power to turn off the screen;
>Fingerprint unlock lags from time to time, won't open the phone. The phone unlocks with a big lag;
>Apps started to crash more often than usual;
>Whenever I start to speak to someone, the screen lights up, and I start to press buttons with my cheek (lol);

Should I just give up on these alpha-beta builds, revert to the stable branch, or even remove it from my phone and rollback to the default firmware?

I'm getting really annoyed by all of these bugs. :(
Sorry you are really getting annoyed but Bugs are part of the whole "beta" ballgame.
Just stay on the stable versions if you don't have patience for bugs.

Cheers! :cool:

Hello. Couldn't find proper thread.
I have following problem with my phone -
Just bought F2 pro in Poland, and have following problem:
I am on the newest MIUI version 12.0.3 global stable. Tried both factory / hard reset, resetting network settings but nothing.
Mobile can't find my mobile network (it's Plus - one of the largest in Poland). I can't manually add APN because I have following text "Access point name settings are not available for this user" and even If I add APNS - they are not visible in the settings.
I have no idea what to do more except sending it back to the shop.

Thank you for your help.
As you are still using stock ROM, there is nothing anyone here can do about your issue.
You should try the official Xiaomi forum

Hope you find a solution.

Cheers! :cool:

how can i decrypt the memory with the latest version of TWRP for UMI? the password does not work and even if I remove it, the encryption remains. Thanks

Good Morning,
in MI Scanner App i have Chinese Charakters.
All Other is Runing fine on MI9T.
Thanks again to the Team.

I flash the rom according to the instructions but it did not booting
He returns to recovery after a restart
What to do?
redmi note 8

how can i decrypt the memory with the latest version of TWRP for UMI? the password does not work and even if I remove it, the encryption remains. Thanks
The latest version of TWRP (3.4.0 - LittleTurtle2333) does not have decryption. It is, however, stable, and allows installation of later ROMs through USB-OTG, ie. USB memory stick.

I flash the rom according to the instructions but it did not booting
He returns to recovery after a restart
What to do?
redmi note 8

have you formatted the DATA partition and typed yes to confirm? or you did the usual wipes?

Good day! Mi9t, xiaomi.eu 20.12.2. I've problem with drain battery by "media storage". This started when i install first firmware by a11. i thought that this will repair, but no. yestarday i've format data and install clean 20.12.2. Problem not solved. How can i fix it? Thank u

The latest version of TWRP (3.4.0 - LittleTurtle2333) does not have decryption. It is, however, stable, and allows installation of later ROMs through USB-OTG, ie. USB memory stick.

i tried to select otg USB but it cannot be selected.... i've attached my device to the computer but OTG USB it is not available.

Last edited:
I just find a way to copy the logs of "recent app" issues without using stock launcher app.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.miui.home/com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean com.miui.home.launcher.Launcher.isWindowFocus()' on a null object reference
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:663)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:67)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:52)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:134)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean com.miui.home.launcher.Launcher.isWindowFocus()' on a null object reference
at com.miui.home.recents.views.RecentsView.loadTaskStack(Unknown Source:29)
at com.miui.home.recents.views.RecentsView.reloadStackView(Unknown Source:3)
at com.miui.home.recents.views.RecentsView.showCurrentTask(Unknown Source:3)
at com.miui.home.recents.AppToOverviewAnimationProvider.onActivityReady(Unknown Source:25)
at com.miui.home.recents.OverviewCommandHelper$RecentsActivityCommand.onActivityReady(Unknown Source:2)
at com.miui.home.recents.OverviewCommandHelper$RecentsActivityCommand.lambda$x04l5b2P_FPCg22IymqGOAyQ_u8(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.home.recents.-$$Lambda$OverviewCommandHelper$RecentsActivityCommand$x04l5b2P_FPCg22IymqGOAyQ_u8.test(Unknown Source:6)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker.init(Unknown Source:6)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker.access$200(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker$Scheduler.initIfPending(Unknown Source:11)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker.onRecentsActivityCreate(Unknown Source:10)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:6)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:77)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:399)
... 11 more

Reactions: Mali2
i tried to select otg USB but it cannot be selected....
I have just checked with the TWRP (3.4.0 - LittleTurtle2333) on my phone (Mi 10 - umi), and if you plug in a USB memory stick (USB OTG) you should be able to select it, and search the folders.

Reactions: Iago14
The switch doesn't display 4G instead of LTE, it displays LTE instead of 4G. Reading comprehension is the issue here. When the switch is disabled, "LTE" or "4G" is defined per operator individually, as defined by Xiaomi.

What's in settings is correct. Security patch dates always seem to be the 1st day of the month, as a general rule.

Only if you're trying to brick your phone on purpose...

Don't update system apps, ever. We said that countless of times by now.

I have the switch so that 4G should actually be on top, or not

Attachments

• IMG_20201206_104313.jpg
    IMG_20201206_104313.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 188
I have just checked with the TWRP (3.4.0 - LittleTurtle2333) on my phone (Mi 10 - umi), and if you plug in a USB memory stick (USB OTG) you should be able to select it, and search the folders.

cai i use an adaptor plus a USB pen drive?

Reactions: Iago14
As I imagined. You need to format the Data partition. I hope you made a backup as formatting erases everything.
From the TWRP FAQs:
"As a special note, if you choose to do a factory reset from your ROM, even if the ROM says that it will wipe everything including the internal storage, well, that's not what TWRP will do. A stock AOSP recovery would format data including the "sdcard" but TWRP will use its regular factory reset setup that leaves the internal storage intact."

I just find a way to copy the logs of "recent app" issues without using stock launcher app.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.miui.home/com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean com.miui.home.launcher.Launcher.isWindowFocus()' on a null object reference
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:663)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:47)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(Unknown Source:67)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(Unknown Source:77)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(Unknown Source:73)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:52)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:19)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:249)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:134)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:313)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean com.miui.home.launcher.Launcher.isWindowFocus()' on a null object reference
at com.miui.home.recents.views.RecentsView.loadTaskStack(Unknown Source:29)
at com.miui.home.recents.views.RecentsView.reloadStackView(Unknown Source:3)
at com.miui.home.recents.views.RecentsView.showCurrentTask(Unknown Source:3)
at com.miui.home.recents.AppToOverviewAnimationProvider.onActivityReady(Unknown Source:25)
at com.miui.home.recents.OverviewCommandHelper$RecentsActivityCommand.onActivityReady(Unknown Source:2)
at com.miui.home.recents.OverviewCommandHelper$RecentsActivityCommand.lambda$x04l5b2P_FPCg22IymqGOAyQ_u8(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.home.recents.-$$Lambda$OverviewCommandHelper$RecentsActivityCommand$x04l5b2P_FPCg22IymqGOAyQ_u8.test(Unknown Source:6)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker.init(Unknown Source:6)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker.access$200(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker$Scheduler.initIfPending(Unknown Source:11)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivityTracker.onRecentsActivityCreate(Unknown Source:10)
at com.miui.home.recents.RecentsActivity.onCreate(Unknown Source:6)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:77)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Unknown Source:1)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Unknown Source:3)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(Unknown Source:399)
... 11 more
And? Android 11 doesn't have a system Recents implementation, there is no solution to that.

And what?
you didn't read instruction for flashing at first page because they are not supposed to apply for you.......

Installation:

Xiaomi devices:

• Install TWRP via Fastboot mode, then install our ROM

• Code:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot boot twrp.img

• TWRP Recovery Zip DOWNLOAD or TWRP.ME
  • For ROOT install Magisk (may cause lags and fingerprint issue) in TWRP and reboot one more time after install to get rid of system lags
ROMs for devices with locked bootloader:

• Unlock your first bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
  • Install TWRP via Fastboot mode, then install our ROM

• Code:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot boot twrp.img
  • TWRP Recovery Zip DOWNLOAD or TWRP.ME
  • FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done
I did it exactly according to the instructions and forgot to do WIPE DATA I did normal
But now I have done WIPE DATA
And it's the same thing does not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.