MIUI 12.3 20.12.2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3.4.0 TWRP that came with the ROM a few weeks ago is good to flash and keep in memory:
Download: 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) TWRP - - [link updated]
fastboot flash recovery [TWRP-3.4.0-umi.img]
So, 3.4.0 is coming with the ROM, no need to flash it, right.
3.4.2 you use just to boot to, right?
(fastboot boot recovery 3.4.2.img)
But, which one starts in that case - 3.4.0 or 3.4.2?
Are there any news if this workaround is going to be replaced with a working recovery?

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

Hi guys, need your help because I'm stuck "outside" my phone - Mi Note 10

Did full wipe and fresh install and now its impossible to activate the phone.

Correct Password: Couldn't verify Mi Account. Can't connect to network
Incorrect Password: Couldn't verify Mi Account. Invalid username or password

Its my only phone and I really need to fix this

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20201206_165805_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    20201206_165805_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 1,082
  • Incorret_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    Incorret_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 877
Hi guys, need your help because I'm stuck "outside" my phone - Mi Note 10

Did full wipe and fresh install and now its impossible to activate the phone.

Correct Password: Couldn't verify Mi Account. Can't connect to network
Incorrect Password: Couldn't verify Mi Account. Invalid username or password

Its my only phone and I really need to fix this

Thanks in advance
you need to connect first to your local wifi - if you have one
phone cannot access mi account w/o network ;)
also you can check your mi account using your pc...

you need to connect first to your local wifi - if you have one
phone cannot access mi account w/o network ;)
also you can check your mi account using your pc...

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention but it is connected to my Wi-fi. It can see when I put a wrong password, jus can't activate my phone.

Are there any news if this workaround is going to be replaced with a working recovery?
I do not know whether you, or anyone else, might have inadvertently flashed another version on top of it. This could be the cause of some of the problems. So it is probably safer to flash the correct version (3.4.0) anyway, just in case. :)
You are correct that you boot only into the 3.4.2b-0623. And it is this one that starts/loads. You will have the decryption available, and therefore also access to all of your files. So you can install ROMs, Magisk, clear caches, etc, etc.

From the information I have read on the official TWRP site, for the time being, it does not seem very likely that they will be able to produce something. However, as with the TWRP above that I use, there are workarounds that others are producing that are also quite suitable for other phones and do the job quite successrully.
So long as people do not start formatting, wiping, etc. incorrectly, for the moment TWRP 3.4.2b-0623 remains a very stable tool for the Mi 10 (umi).
[Remember: always make backups before updating - just in case!]

Reactions: m@c|-|oR
I dont know any further... flashing the 20.11.18 firmware works without any problems. 20.12.02 gives me error 7 every time. tried with 3 different recoverys / wipe / without wipe / reboot / flashing & booting the recovery // i downloaded the rom from 4 different mirrors....
i stay now locked in 20.11.18.... waiting for the next rom or a new twrp? idk 5 hours of no success are enought now
Researching error 7 indicates that either there could be a corruption in the file that you are trying to install, or the ROM file is incompatible with your system.

Researching error 7 indicates that either there could be a corruption in the file that you are trying to install, or the ROM file is incompatible with your system.

Yes, i have a (umi) mi10 and tried the download from my phone first (chrome browser), after that from my Computer (chrome), and after that with jdownloader. Used different mirrors... But everytime error7. As i said: the older rom has no problems @installing... I dont get it... But thanks for you help and trying

Just noticed your potentially ambiguous command. It should be:
fastboot boot [TWRP-3.4.2b-0-623-umi-.img]
ie. 'recovery' should not be part of the command (no space after it), it is part of the file name.

Yes, i have a (umi) mi10 and tried the download from my phone first (chrome browser), after that from my Computer (chrome), and after that with jdownloader. Used different mirrors... But everytime error7. As i said: the older rom has no problems @installing... I dont get it... But thanks for you help and trying
Have you checked the MD5 (20-12-2)?
MD5=d3e060c33e44d886dc9dc8357f5bb440
SHA1=13114da0311fb9d9446ffb99312141c932a2a9f6

Reactions: Raphi86
Copy paste problem for 20.12.2

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-06-19-13-58-894_net.b92.android.brisbane.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-06-19-13-58-894_net.b92.android.brisbane.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 332
  • Screenshot_2020-12-06-18-59-19-083_org.thunderdog.challegram.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-06-18-59-19-083_org.thunderdog.challegram.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 237
Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention but it is connected to my Wi-fi. It can see when I put a wrong password, jus can't activate my phone.
seems to me that your phone validate first your pswd (!) do check that you are connected to a valid wifi using pc and in chrome (or any browser) you can enter your mi account and login.

I do not know whether you, or anyone else, might have inadvertently flashed another version on top of it. This could be the cause of some of the problems. So it is probably safer to flash the correct version (3.4.0) anyway, just in case. :)
You are correct that you boot only into the 3.4.2b-0623. And it is this one that starts/loads. You will have the decryption available, and therefore also access to all of your files. So you can install ROMs, Magisk, clear caches, etc, etc.

From the information I have read on the official TWRP site, for the time being, it does not seem very likely that they will be able to produce something. However, as with the TWRP above that I use, there are workarounds that others are producing that are also quite suitable for other phones and do the job quite successrully.
So long as people do not start formatting, wiping, etc. incorrectly, for the moment TWRP 3.4.2b-0623 remains a very stable tool for the Mi 10 (umi).
[Remember: always make backups before updating - just in case!]
Thanks for the reply, mate. And thanks for the other comment/correction - an it the fastboot boot command. Yes, it was a mistake, but for the others it is good that you have corrected me.
I personally didn't play around with A11 builds, as they didn't support dual apps that are important to me. So my phone still runs 12.0.8 stable build.
My questions were meant to clarify to myself and to others what is the correct way to use a recovery and to avoid threads and topics all over the place with "phone bricked", bootloops, and other problems.
Hopefully we'll soon enough have some official solution and keep enjoying otherwise great phone.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

Reactions: Iain_B
Same on Mi 10 with nova launcher.
Solution: update system launcher from apkmirror. (Install with Mixplorer )
Sorry, what version of miui launcher?
Edit: ok, last version works. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mali2
The first one should be flashed first, and be in memory, then you can boot with the second one.

Hi man,

IT worked finally. Now I have installed the latest version. But when installed nova launcher.it was not working properly. But oke, for now I am happy.

To bad the mi note 10 of my wife with the update was not good anymore. Really slow, apps are not working etc. She is back now on the Fastboot ROM, will not use xiaomi.eu ROM anymore or advising to use Xiaomi.eu because to much issues.

Reactions: Iain_B
the blocked messages, when I select the messages and click delete, nothing happens and the message is still there, but if I select none and click delete all then they are deleted
Screenshot_2020-12-06-18-32-15-359_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg Screenshot_2020-12-06-18-32-12-721_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.