MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems pretty nice but the problem with full screen gestures ruins it for me.
I can not go with the stock launcher - I simply hate that EMUI Style and need pixel like style and google now feed etc...
Very sad to be forced to use 80% working third party apps like infiniti gestures or fluid navigation gestures to get it "done".

Reactions: Krasy
I encountered bootloop with my K30 5G:
  1. previously I was using xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK305G_20.12.10_v12-11 and Magisk v21.2 (everything worked fine)
  2. and now install xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK305G_20.12.28_v12-11
  3. boot into system and my K30 5G boot successfully into the system
  4. reboot but get bootloop (no matter with or without Magisk v21.2)
I have exactly the same problem. Tried dirty flash, never had Magisk and when I rebooted it got stuck in a boot loop.

Tried a clean flash without anything else as before, no Magisk, no modules, but the same happens.

I am using the latest Pitch Black Recovery Project recovery, the unofficial from XDA.

Just received the 12.5 as OTA and then it disappeared before I update. Why?

Mi9 SE (grus)

Ok so the update popped up again and I updated succesfully. First time it booted I noted status bar icons are huuuge, like, the DPI was lowered or something. The phone was laggy and system UI was hanging and eventually crashed and rebooted itself.

One thing that annoys me is that I can no longer unlock my phone directly with fingerprint, I have to press power button then fingerprint to unlock. Maybe I'm missing a toggle in settings?

It will definitely need some stability improvements but thanks for the new year gift devs! Keep up the great work

Last edited:
I can not go with the stock launcher - I simply hate that EMUI Style and need pixel like style and google now feed etc...
Very sad to be forced to use 80% working third party apps like infiniti gestures or fluid navigation gestures to get it "done".
you have all in stock launcher: google discovery in screen-1, apps drawer, search, gesture, customization for themes, fonts & icons etc. its up to you to configure it properly ... what you miss ?

Reactions: speedst3r
I have exactly the same problem. Tried dirty flash, never had Magisk and when I rebooted it got stuck in a boot loop.

Tried a clean flash without anything else as before, no Magisk, no modules, but the same happens.

I am using the latest Pitch Black Recovery Project recovery, the unofficial from XDA.
How long was this "bootloop"
First installation usually takes time to boot.
And this miui 12.5 takes even longer time.

I had to wait about 15mins

Reactions: Allessa
Thanks, dirty flash is only wipe cache no wipe system, right? I've not magic disk maybe I've not your problem, I must update twrp or it is updated with rom installation?
Just wipe cache/dalvik (no data or system) as TWRP offers after ROM installation. Based on my knowledge the latest TWRP should be installed first. You can download from https://github.com/redispade/device_xiaomi_grus-twrp/releases/tag/twrp-3.4.0-2-Mi9SE
If you do not have Magisk, probably will not face my problem.

Reactions: epezone79
How long was this "bootloop"
First installation usually takes time to boot.
And this miui 12.5 takes even longer time.

I had to wait about 15mins

That's the first boot after installing the ROM. It's fine.
But after successfully boot into the system, I played around, did a reboot and then get a bootloop.

That's the first boot after installing the ROM. It's fine.
But after successfully boot into the system, I played around, did a reboot and then get a bootloop.
You "played around". ;-)
You have to find what you played around with and undo it.
Else a factory reset from twrp will solve the issue

Reactions: Iain_B
You "played around". ;-)
You have to find what you played around with and undo it.
Else a factory reset from twrp will solve the issue

By "played around", I mean like open Chrome to surf the internet, see new MIUI animations and system settings. I don't think those actions change something important. :( Thanks anyway, I will try that boot.img reflashing.

You can have Google Feed in the stock miui launcher.... Just edit the launcher settings. I use the stock launcher with appdrawer and Google feed...

hi there,
i made a dirty flash with twrp-3.3.1.0 and it worked on my MI9T Pro.
but is there a solution for the full screen gestures and a 3rd party launcher (like smart launcher) ??
the gestures are only working with the systemlauncher :(

Update: Managed to unbrick using the Miflashtoolpro (probably a third party software that has mi authorized account somehow?)...It flashed normally here...

Device K20 pro Raphael
After flashing the latest beta 20.12.28 from the previous 20.12.9 initially it worked correctly.. everything worked correctly for sometime.... the issue happened after I pressed reboot>recovery from powermenu....it then kept showing me fastboot logo... Couldn't go to twrp and it still returned me to fastboot mode....so I am trying to flash the old last stable fastboot rom...but I think it updated anti rollback (unsure)..I can't use the miflashtool to go back to the miui 12.0.6 stable fastboot rom ...it gives the error below...

$for /F "tokens=2 delims=: " %i in ('fastboot -s XXXXX getvar anti 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"anti:"') do (set version=%i )

here, XXXXX = device id inside miflashtool

I am assuming its got to do something with antirollback protection and waiting for public beta or stable for miui 12.5 and flash it using miflashtoool to unbrick it....

So now my main question.. Is there better way to unbrick it?...or is the conclusion I came to correct?
received_450899489631087.jpeg

Note: I had magisk installed before dirty flashing the latest beta... I flashed the latest beta from updater menu (I guess that's why orange fox twrp disappeared).. The phone initially booted okay... At the moment I didn't flash the magisk and before flashing magisk after first reboot (reboot to recovery) this happened....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.