MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ingbrzy thanks but think there is problem with MI 9 SE rom.

MI 9 SE - grus

@gkalen
  • dirty flash rom after version 20.11.28 (android 10) - stuck fastboot
  • installed TWRP 3.4 & 3.5 (28/12/20)
  • phone now can boot to TWRP - but stuck in twrp. cannot boot system
  • tried uninstall magisk + install magisk 21.2 - still stuck in TWRP
  • tried flash vbmeta.img - still stuck TWRP

• found way to boot system rom using command: fastboot boot twrp3.4.img
    This does not boot TWRP, it boots system rom. But if reboot, stuck TWRP again

• after boot to rom using that command. WIFI not working. turn on wifi but it does not turn on.
  • autobrightness doesn't seem to work properly
I think something is wrong here with the rom?

Fixed:

download vbmeta.img for your specific phone (mi9se - grus here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachments/vbmeta-img.5106097/)
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta_redispade.img

phone boots now. lots of security & system crashes / errors but it's reasonably working now.

Reactions: psydex
I'm not very familiar with edl mode, but if ~nothing happens and it seems like your phone won't ever boot into another mode, you may want to boot your phone into edl mode (I think this exists only in qualcomm devices). You may then be able to factory reset, flash stuff etc.

Thank you for your advice, but this morning I succeeded to install TWRP using Minimal ADB and Fastboot. The problem yesterday was that I have not used comand "fastboot boot twrp_filename.img" after "fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.img". Doing the right way I was able to boot in TWRP uninstall Magisk 21.1 and install the new Magisk 21.2 and the system is working properly now. Based on my preliminary experience the new ROM is nicely smooth, fast and hopefully the battery life will be OK as well.
Happy New Year!

On Android 11, fingerprint animations are mixed up. There are only 4 and the first two have default names but there is a different animation underneath them. Screenshot_2020-12-31-08-15-29-401_com.android.settings[1].jpg

Dirty flash mi 9se grus worked (flash and boot was approx 20 min)

This first release of android 11(12.5) is less reactive then the last 10(12) release

Mi 9T. Flashed and works great. It's smooth. No problems so far.
Did you made a dirty flash and what version of twrp have you installed?
I have the second space enabled and so is impossible to remove the password protection before to delete the second space.

Mi 10...

The smart cover doesn't work anymore.
It still locks and unlocks the phone, but no clock, battery and notification in the cover visible

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: gerald scherr
I have a MI9 in 20.12.9 ( Android 10 Miui 12.3 ) can I update over this version downloading the package and select the file for update in configurations? Or is needed a new instalation selecting format data, etc,?

:( I cant pay my MI9 nfc since update... Tried in 2 shops and one ATM all with message that they cant read my card. Nfc is on and i can read my polish ID card but payments not working :(:(
Same problem with my mi 9 with clean install

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 MI 9 發送

on K20 pro (Raphael) :
- full screen gestures work only with Xiaomi Launcher... had to abandon Nova launcher for now
- for Magisk you have to flash beta version 21+
- battery drain / no deep sleep bug from previous versions is fixed
- status bar icons seem bigger on 12.5, is this a bug or feature?

Thanks to the devs, happy new year!

can anyone get the miui+ to work?
I am using mi 9 and I get loading failed error when I tried to do so.

Hello and best wishes to all, does anyone have a problem with the camera? thank you (k20 pro)

Very good update for 9T, but on Spotify the icons have disappeared again
4ced6a388072ab1b36fd9c4feec07a40.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T mediante Tapatalk

The problem yesterday was that I have not used comand "fastboot boot twrp_filename.img" after "fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.img". Doing the right way I was able to boot in TWRP uninstall Magisk 21.1 and install the new Magisk 21.2 and the system is working properly now.
Oo, very nice!

Reactions: alexabo
Very good update for 9T, but on Spotify the icons have disappeared again
Hm, when I first installed the previous rom, the play button ~had dissapeared. I turned off dark mode specifically on spotify and I ~could see it again. Wanna give this a try?
EDIT: It turns out it ~doesn't work as the problem occurs on my phone too.

Hello,
I have mi 10 pro (global version)
Currently on the global one(MIUI Global 12.2.1 RJAMIXM)

would like to get recommendations for move to xiaomi.eu rom.

like recommended twrp to use, should i format the phone before?
and any other that will help me avoid break.

In addition if i miss some helpful information please note.

thanks you all

Hm, when I first installed the previous rom, the play button ~had dissapeared. I turned off dark mode specifically on spotify and I ~could see it again. Wanna give this a try?
EDIT: It turns out it ~doesn't work as the problem occurs on my phone too.
I have the same, even reinstalling did not solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.