MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. So, I wanna install MIUI 12.5 by xiaomi.eu ROM to my Mi 9 device, but I'm moving from Global ROM with an unlocked bootloader (TWRP is not installed yet). I just don't know which partitions should I wipe, in YouTube videos, they wipe data, system, and cache, but instruction in this thread says that I should not wipe the system, only data. What should I do? :). And please check my steps to move to xiaomi.eu and correct if I messed up somewhere:
1. Install TWRP
2. Wipe Data
3. Install Orange Fox
4. Install xiaomi.eu ROM
5. Install Magisk 21.2
6. Reboot.

I would be so glad if someone helps me :)
what's orange fox?
also, I had a boot loop when magisk installed right after rom, I booted to system, set everything up "first boot" and only then installed magisk, after system initialization

you have all in stock launcher: google discovery in screen-1, apps drawer, search, gesture, customization for themes, fonts & icons etc. its up to you to configure it properly ... what you miss ?
I'm like I'm I love my nova launcher

Mi 9, Spotify. Anyone have This same issue?

Last edited:
Houston, I got a problem ..
happy new year to everybody and thanks for maintaining this awesome rom, but now you changed something that I always hated with other phone brands: If tasker (app) locks my system and I wanna unlock it with fingerprint it prompts me for my PiN, as it obviously was locked by an administrator.
I never had this message since I'm using this rom. It just came in with this last update. I don't use root. I might try magisk, but I got no idea how to use it :(
it was ever better, if I could maybe change some settings in revovery maybe via udb shell to let me unlock the phone with fingerprint again, even if an admin (tasker app) locked it before. Any help would be super appreciated!! Thank you!

Reactions: speedst3r
Hello, where I find this feature ?
- Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection

So far working perfectly after a dirty flash + wiping dalvik cache + flashing magisk 21.2 on Mi 10 Ultra.

I confirm that updating the Launcher to the alpha version solves the problem of opening the control center only from the edge instead of from anywhere to the right of the screen.

Using the Google Phone app on my Mi 9 it takes like a solid 4-5 seconds to show my recent calls. Anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? This is not new with the most recent ROM, this has been happening since forever.

How long was this "bootloop"
First installation usually takes time to boot.
And this miui 12.5 takes even longer time.

I had to wait about 15mins
It is not a long boot, it is a bootloop. It shows the first boot screen, not the one for MIUI, for 30 seconds or so and then it repeats itself. The symptoms are the same as described by jfcherng.

Of course, that's what I did with my MI9

Thanks PieroAnt, I will try it, the oldest version is with a little battery drain, I saw in old topics don't boot from the system, I guess this problem was solved, or it don't occur in MI9?

i was using K30Pro_V12.1.3.0 eu stabil and twrp 3.4.2b 1206 .

I tried to install HMK30Pro_20.12.29_v12-11 with dirty install but the phone stuck on twrp screen.

can you help me i stayed on twrp screen

My device poco f2 pro
I'm on 12.0.4.0 global
Unlock bootloader
Flash twrp with cmd
Format data (type yes)
Flash xiaomi eu rom 12.5 latest weekly 29.12.20
Dalvik / cash
Reboot

It's ok this instruction ??

Status
Not open for further replies.