MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If in doubt, update twrp first, download the .IMG file of twrp 3 4.0.1, and select the image to install from twrp. Always check MD5 if it matches exactly before installing the new twrp as well as the zip of the rom if you install everything from recovery, if you install the rom via OTA it is not necessary check the MD5.
I am downloading through OTA, it's more safe, I don't updated the TWRP, just downloading via OTA and perform the update, I hope that occur with no problems ._.

Reactions: PieroAnt
Ehm ehm, tried that couple of times,
reflashed few times too, I even let the phone boot for 30 minutes, but still nothing...
I'm currently downloading the previous dev and I will try to flash the new one over it.

It really looks like that is ROM cannot be wipe-flashed and you have to have some previous MIUI already installed.
Aaaand,

Doesn't work...
Plays boot sound, but is still stuck on MIUI logo :)

Clean flash here, Poco F2 Pro (lmi)! Came from the previous weekly, zero problems with installation and nothing to point out when I restored my data from xiaomi cloud or google cloud. I will post more info if everything works fine or if I find some problems. Happy new year everyone!

(MI9) OTA download stuck on 100%, downloading the ZIP through the sourceforge, is it normal?

Normal. Even close to 15mins
Really? When i was on older builds simple reboot didnt take long, now i did a reboot and i freaked out a little. I thought it maybe because of super wallpaper, removed it and did another reboot, and it took a lot less time. But still why didnt i have new boot animation and new look on setting up the device?

Really? When i was on older builds simple reboot didnt take long, now i did a reboot and i freaked out a little. I thought it maybe because of super wallpaper, removed it and did another reboot, and it took a lot less time. But still why didnt i have new boot animation and new look on setting up the device?
I was referring to first boot after installation.
But i did notice that a simple reboot also took way longer than how it used to on my device. Almost twice the time

Reactions: Nicolasminote10
For all users who have decryption issues we have also a new twrp for Redmi note 7 pro ( violet ) , confirmed that is working ..
Choose latest twrp for violet here ..

It's not stuck, total size of the ROM download is simply not accurate. ;)
You are correct, I just waited and the download was completed, flashed, only waiting the phone end the boot. Thanks for the tip and the help guys.

------- EDIT -------

All is fine, booted and running smooth on MI9.

Hi All
I am using 20.06.18 Rom in Mi 10 pro. Could anyone please help me step by step how to install latest ROM 20.12.29. I am worried to install due to Twrp issue.

Thanks

What phone do you use? For me after miui "fills up" with colours i have to wait for 30 seconds or so.
On K30 Pro takes about 1 or 2 sec. to enter home screen.
First boot took more than 5 minutes and second boot also time more time than normal, like 30seconds or so..
After third boot it's all fast like before, something like 10 to 12 second to complete boot.

Anyone here booted with headphones? It's very cool

Enviado do meu Redmi K30 Pro através do Tapatalk

On K30 Pro takes about 1 or 2 sec. to enter home screen.
First boot took more than 5 minutes and second boot also time more time than normal, like 30seconds or so..
After third boot it's all fast like before, something like 10 to 12 second to complete boot.

Anyone here booted with headphones? It's very cool

Enviado do meu Redmi K30 Pro através do Tapatalk
Yea, the new dirac sound enhancement is really cool.
Almost felt like i had viper4android installed...lol

I have had a quick look online but not 100% sure. Is there a way to get the default app icons from the play store? I have seen a few posts regarding this but as I mentioned I don't know which way to follow.

Reactions: Ryoma
I have had a quick look online but not 100% sure. Is there a way to get the default app icons from the play store? I have seen a few posts regarding this but as I mentioned I don't know which way to follow.
The safest way will be to use a magisk module

Reactions: Ryoma
Now I have made a dirty flash: it seems that all things work good. Before update I downloaded the last version of twrp and magisk. Only the boot is very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.