MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHANGELOG

System

New - MIUI 12.5 update
New - Android 11 update (Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, Mi 9T Pro, Mi 10T/Pro). Existing newest TWRP releases should work on these devices after Android 11 update (at least on Mi 9)
New - New super wallpapers: Geometry and Mount Siguniang
New - Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system
New - Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world
Optimization - Improved system stability and speed
Optimization - Updated Android Security Patch to January 2021 (Redmi Note 7)
Optimization - Updated Android Security Patch to December 2020 (most of devices)
Fix - Restored M font size (by xiaomi.eu)
Fix - Couldn't paste clipboard items on system apps

Notes
New - New tools for doodling and sketching
New - Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically
New - A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere
New - Excerpts save texts, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps
New - Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level

MIUI+
New - Redesigned Screen Combo to MIUI+
New - You can combine your phone and computer into a single working station (run apps, open notifications, make edits in documents, transfer files etc.). This feature is supported by selected devices: Mi 11, Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10, Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9, Redmi K30s Ultra/Mi 10T/Mi 10T Pro, Redmi K20 Pro/MI 9T Pro, Redmi K30 Pro/POCO F2 Pro

Security
New - Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access
New - Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection

System launcher
New - New design for app folders

Mail
Fix - Action bar didn't show up when selecting a conversation
Fix - Removed useless Chinese setting from account settings

Gallery
Fix - Crashes in certain scenarios (e.g. while trying to make clip)
New - New photo editing layout
New - Few new photo filters, e.g. Midwinter, Snowfall, Sangria, Nightfall, Caramel
New - Added random sky filter feature
New - Added advanced settings for photo editing, e.g. exposure, color temperature, hue
New - ID photo feature, Art photo feature
Optimization - Reclassified photo filters

Themes
Optimization - Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds

Clock
New - New hourglass animation for Timer (Snapdragon 888/865 devices)

Xiaomi Cloud
New - Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud

This update is suspended for Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9 Lite, Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 9 4G/Redmi 9T, Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G/Mi 10T Lite. These devices are expected to get this update on mid-or-late January 2021, with Android 11 update accordingly.
Starting from today, Redmi 7A, Redmi 8A and Redmi S2 are EOL for MIUI 12 stable - xiaomi.eu team won't support these devices (32-bit architecture).
Is there any advantage to do a clean installation after more a year of weekly updates? (dirty flash) or it not any differences?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ddj123

MIUI 12.5 (umi) Password Manager sync not work, sayed This feature isn't supported on this device... why can it be? bug? how to fix?

Can't do OTA updates anymore... Is there a workaround ? No matter how many times or how much time I wait, the yes button doesn't work. K20 pro raphael

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-05-15-30-24-244_pl.zdunex25.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-05-15-30-24-244_pl.zdunex25.updater.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot_2021-01-05-15-30-13-209_pl.zdunex25.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-05-15-30-13-209_pl.zdunex25.updater.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 224
ciao a tutti scusate per il mio inglese utilizzo il traduttore di Google, la Xiaomi Eu Rom per Gauguin in versione Twrp quando sarà disponibile?

dirty flashed in mi9t working fine...thanks devs and happy new year

just noted that when using "battery saver" at night seems to use more battery than not activating battery saver and just turning off auto sync...

Flashed it today into my mi9se, it worked, but with Nova launcher, I cannot open recent apps anymore.
Has anyone else same problems?

Is there any advantage to do a clean installation after more a year of weekly updates? (dirty flash) or it not any differences?

Is your phone showing any signs of it not working as expected? Are you getting corruptions, or error messages?
These would tell you if there is a 'need' to do it.
If you feel that it just needs 'refreshing', then you could do a Factory reset, for instance within TWRP. This would set everything back to its initial and default state (while probably leaving all of your files intact). Whereas a Factory reset from within the system (Settings) would erase everything.
I do not think that anything extra would be gained from a clean installation above a factory reset (unless there are obvious corruptions).

Reactions: Ferfis
i noticed that i can change some setting with the phone locked, like wifi, gps...
i dont remember but usualy they dont let you change these settings without unlocking the screen, there is a way to block changing these funcitons?
obs. i disabled the power menu in the lock screen

View attachment 33797
MIUI 12.5 (umi) Password Manager sync not work, sayed This feature isn't supported on this device... why can it be? bug? how to fix?
I have gone through the process on my Mi 10 (umi), and had to log onto my Xiaomi account, and then reached the same page as you. It therefore seems to be working for me:
[Edit: Because it is working for me, I do not know how to fix it!]
[Edit 2: I note that whereas my picture is a screenshot, yours is not - it is a photograph.]

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-05-21-05-48-120_com.miui.cloudservice.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-05-21-05-48-120_com.miui.cloudservice.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Is your phone showing any signs of it not working as expected? Are you getting corruptions, or error messages?
These would tell you if there is a 'need' to do it.
If you feel that it just needs 'refreshing', then you could do a Factory reset, for instance within TWRP. This would set everything back to its initial and default state (while probably leaving all of your files intact). Whereas a Factory reset from within the system (Settings) would erase everything.
I do not think that anything extra would be gained from a clean installation above a factory reset (unless there are obvious corruptions).
Thank you for your clear explanation. Actually I do not have any issue, just I was thinking if changes I made to try do it faster and optimize battery were good changes. And I not sure if with several updates there are files useless, you know.

Maybe when I have time to restore I will try TRWP reset. Thank you.

Reactions: Iain_B
Full screen display gesture does not work on 20.12.30 build. I have a 9t pro (K20 Pro).
It works if you set MIUI Launcher (or POCO Launcher) as default launcher in phone's settings. Blame Xiaomi devs for not properly updating their framework for Android 11. ;)

Reactions: AaronCoyco
Hi, I am on Mi9SE... now I also put the latest EU ROM on my Phone. But every time I did this (also on Mi6), I lost Widevine Level 1... it goes to WV3... I tried with many ROMs down to Android 9, but it was always WV3... is there a possible way to install EU ROM without losing Widevine Level 1? I always hat to Format Data to bring the Rom to Life... thank you

Is there a small helpful answer for me out there? :)

I have gone through the process on my Mi 10 (umi), and had to log onto my Xiaomi account, and then reached the same page as you. It therefore seems to be working for me:
[Edit: Because it is working for me, I do not know how to fix it!]
[Edit 2: I note that whereas my picture is a screenshot, yours is not - it is a photograph.]
I added a frame to the screenshot :) therefore photo. You are not the first person to tell me this works. I'm wondering why it doesn't work for me, and what could it be connected with. I flashed rom it clean. :( Thanks for ansver, i will try more...

Last edited:
I added a frame to the screenshot :) therefore photo. You are not the first person to tell me this works. I'm wondering why it doesn't work for me, and what could it be connected with. I flashed rom it clean. :( Thanks for ansver, i will try more...
I wonder if it is something to do with the Mi account? Maybe something has happened in the past, and it is protecting a potential problem in creating a new / different password account?

I wonder if it is something to do with the Mi account? Maybe something has happened in the past, and it is protecting a potential problem in creating a new / different password account?
I don’t even know, I’ll try to register another Mi Account

I have a davinci as well with TWRP 3.3.1-0 and when rebooting with this update it returns "System" failure and looping orange screen during boot. If I flash 20.12.10 it's ok
i have mi9tpro(raphael) with last update 30\12 and i have system failture 07 when flash in twrp

I have the same problem. Help please
This seems to be tied to the wallpaper in use somehow. When I first flashed the updated, first thing I did was change to the new mountains super wallpaper. I noticed the greyscale was gone. After a few days I changed my wallpaper to a personal picture and noticed greyscale was back. I just changed it back to the mountain super wallpaper and again, greyscale is gone in bubbles.

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Poney70
Does anyone find a fix for wifi on mi 9. Tried all recovery's and clean install, format data,reflash again,and no wifi.

It seems there are 2 versions of WiFi adaptor as you said before. I tried everything too. I bought Mi 9 on release day, so maybe first pieces have different WiFi adaptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.