MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For mi 9se, which recovery do I need to flash rom? Latest official TWRP gives me error right when flash begins

Emmm? Is that a new "feature" in android 11?

Aren't we allowed to downgrade apps any more??? This probably isn't done by the miui developers, but wanted to say it here. Maybe can this be re-enabled some time in the future? Iny older phone I ~used to probe new versions of apps and if they weren't good I'd ~downgrade them..

Emmm? Is that a new "feature" in android 11?

Aren't we allowed to downgrade apps any more??? This probably isn't done by the miui developers, but wanted to say it here. Maybe can this be re-enabled some time in the future? Iny older phone I ~used to probe new versions of apps and if they weren't good I'd ~downgrade them..
Try uninstalling the older version first or simply install Vanced and forger about the default Youtube app

Try uninstalling the older version first or simply install Vanced and forger about the default Youtube app
Haha, well, I was ~just testing stuff. But this affects ~all the apps. I used to downgrade many apps after a bad update. Some of them have offline data. If I unistall them to downgrade them they might not be recoverable...

Reactions: Allessa
Thank you for this great update!

The only issue I've found so far is that I cannot open the Sound & Vibration settings, it crashed. Anyone facing the same?

Thank you.

still wondering that nobody else has the "no deep sleep - state" -Bug when loading the phone.

loading from 12% to 90% and minumum MHz where 576

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-06-13-14-56-444_com.vibhinna.cpuspyfree.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-06-13-14-56-444_com.vibhinna.cpuspyfree.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 174
Thank you for this great update!

The only issue I've found so far is that I cannot open the Sound & Vibration settings, it crashed. Anyone facing the same?

Thank you.
With my Mi 10 (umi), there is no problem. I can get into the Sound & Vibration settings.

Try this
Boot to twrp
Clear cache and dalvik (nothing else)
Tap on Advanced > file manager
Delete contents of "data/system/package_cache"
Reboot (will take a while to boot, be patient)

Cheers! :cool:

Damn ... unfortunately not working
still the same issues

Ok I will try make a clean install

Haha, well, I was ~just testing stuff. But this affects ~all the apps. I used to downgrade many apps after a bad update. Some of them have offline data. If I unistall them to downgrade them they might not be recoverable...

Hi ... this is a feature.

For this challenge there are some workarounds as example:
  • use this tool -> "customiuizer" and "allow downgrades"
  • go to: "settings/apps/manage apps/<app name>" and on the bottom delete updates this sometimes helps
  • use this tool -> "luckypatcher" and in tool box select "Android patch" -> "package manager spoof" and reboot
  • adb shell pm install -r -d /<Folder>/<Filename.apk>
    • '-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data
    • '-d' means downgrade the apk
Please remember:
updated data structures e.g. files, database are sometimes incompatible with older app versions and they can crash

Last edited:
In which sequence? First rom, then vbmeta? Vbmeta flashed with adb?
To be honest I'm not 100% sure but few days ago when I was stuck in Fastboot I flashed vbmeta first > then flashed TWRP > then booted into twrp to clear cache/dalvik > then booted into system normally

Reactions: Putti
To be honest I'm not 100% sure but few days ago when I was stuck in Fastboot I flashed vbmeta first > then flashed TWRP > then booted into twrp to clear cache/dalvik > then booted into system normally
Which recovery did you use?

Hi ... this is a feature.

For this challenge there are some workarounds as example:
  • use this tool -> "customiuizer" and "allow downgrades"
  • go to: "settings/apps/manage apps/systemlauncher" and on the bottom delete updates this sometimes helps
  • use this tool -> "luckypatcher" and in tool box select "Android patch" -> "package manager spoof" and reboot
  • adb shell pm install -r -d /<Folder>/<Filename.apk>
    • '-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data
    • '-d' means downgrade the apk
Please remember:
updated data structures e.g. files, database are sometimes incompatible with older app versions and they can crash
Oo, many info! Some stuff:
1)Where can I find the customizer app?
2)The adb method shoudl rpobably work. Haven't tried it, but it's adb, haha. A bit bored to try this now.
3)Lol, don't you remember that I was trying to make LP work with root access in android 11? I think many people say that patching android with LP is probably gonna brick it. (Also from what I've seen, giving it root access brickthe phone too..)

Status
Not open for further replies.