MIUI 12.3 20.12.9/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi calendar does not sync calendar from my google account! Date of synchronisation stays at 1970.
No birthdays are shown from my contacts.

I know that 3.4.2b-0623 works fine for me - it does everything that I want.
To be quite honest, I do not know the difference between the functionality of the two, except the 1206 (the more recent) is more stable to stay in memory. But that makes no difference because you still have to boot into one or the other from Fastboot.
Ask the cat :) - That's how much difference I think it makes.

Quite funny... I have never had that problem with my Poco F2 Pro! I have never needed PC and Fastboot to get into Recovery! TWRP 0623 is flashed at my Recovery partition and I can simply get into via system power menu, shortcut... Anyway, I need to manually upgrade via TWRP to be able to delete the 3.4.0 Recovery from the install zip before flashing to avoid getting overwritten my well-working 0623. By upgrading via OTA this would happen.

Works as we know last month ..
You can flash the new twrp 1206 or you can boot to twrp ..
But it's written a thousand times that you have to wait almost a minute until twrp loads , the black screen will be passed and twrp will load if you wait a minute ..

And the error "failed to load authenticate boot.img" , it can be passed easily , just re-enter fastboot mode with buttons , phone must close and re-enter to fastboot to pass the command ..
Hmmm.. okay i will try again to boot and wait longer..as i successfully flashed the update already just need to wipe dalvik cache

Quite funny... I have never had that problem with my Poco F2 Pro! I have never needed PC and Fastboot to get into Recovery! TWRP 0623 is flashed at my Recovery partition and I can simply get into via system power menu, shortcut... Anyway, I need to manually upgrade via TWRP to be able to delete the 3.4.0 Recovery from the install zip before flashing to avoid getting overwritten my well-working 0623. By upgrading via OTA this would happen.
Unfortunately this TWRP issue remains a problem with only Mi 10 (umi).

So to avoid having again bootloops etc.

I have a Mi10 so, what is the best option to update the ROM? what are the steps`?

Last time @
Iain_B helped me out, but i cannot see him anymore.

Ref: Xiaomi Mi 10 (umi)
I have been looking at the 'new' recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img (possibly now referred to as TWRP 3.4.2b-1206). This is a more stable version of its predecessor (3.4.2b-0623). However, you still have the long waits, and still have to aim below where you want to click! The 3.4.2b-1206 can reside in recovery memory without adversely affecting things. However, you still cannot boot directly into it (from the system) - you end up in Fastboot. Neither the Power menu, nor Power & Vol+ will go into Recovery. You finish up in Fastboot.
The stable 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) is still being installed with the ROM.
Those who want to remain installing through USB-OTG (or without decryption) need do absolutely nothing, and continue as before. However, because there is no decryption, the Dalvik and cache cannot be cleared.

Those who want to install (and do other things, like backup ;)) through TWRP can either leave the 3.4.0 in recovery memory or flash the 3.4.2b-1026 to recovery memory. My (brief) testing has shown 3.4.2b-1026 to be stable to remain in memory. However you will still have to boot into TWRP (whichever version) through Fastboot.
Mate, thank you for this explanation. So, my example, coming from 12.0.8 (last A10 stable that's working good enough), with 3.4.2-0623.
- I simply enter twrp and flash the ROM in normal procedure. 3.4.0 is flashed along with the ROM, replacing also boot.img.
From this moment on the options are:
a) enter the twrp (3.4.0) in usual way, but to flash ROM I need an OTG flash drive, and I can't decrypt i.e. wipe cache/dalvik
b) enter the 3.4.2-0623 (or 1206) via fastboot and flash the ROM in previous way, having the possibility to decrypt and wipe other partitions
If the above is correct, there is practically no real reason for 1206 at this moment. For other devices such as umi and lmi it might give some benefit.
Would you agree?

On Mi 10 Pro there is a low volume in all media and no audio from principal speaker

Edit.
After some test I can say that with reboot the problem are solved. It remain only if I put in mute my phone and than reboot, at restart there is problem to main speaker

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: sdfre3
App lock seems error. Since last week update. The content still appears.

Mate, thank you for this explanation. So, my example, coming from 12.0.8 (last A10 stable that's working good enough), with 3.4.2-0623.
- I simply enter twrp and flash the ROM in normal procedure. 3.4.0 is flashed along with the ROM, replacing also boot.img.
From this moment on the options are:
a) enter the twrp (3.4.0) in usual way, but to flash ROM I need an OTG flash drive, and I can't decrypt i.e. wipe cache/dalvik
b) enter the 3.4.2-0623 (or 1206) via fastboot and flash the ROM in previous way, having the possibility to decrypt and wipe other partitions
If the above is correct, there is practically no real reason for 1206 at this moment. For other devices such as umi and lmi it might give some benefit.
Would you agree?
Absolutely correct.
(Except your statement should have read, "For other devices such as cmi and lmi it might give some benefit.")
The fact it is stable enough to reside in recovery memory is of little advantage.

Absolutely correct.
(Except your statement should have read, "For other devices such as cmi and lmi it might give some benefit.")
The fact it is stable enough to reside in recovery memory is of little advantage.
Yes, I was thinking cmi and typed umi instead.
Thanks again. So, my decision is not to change the twrp until the problems are solved...

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

mi10 umi

just installed twrp 0612
i flashed it from twrp rebooted recovery an new was installed
then i flashed
new rom 20.12.10 over 20.10.22
an all worked no problems

Reactions: Iain_B
mi10 umi

just installed twrp 0612
i flashed it from twrp rebooted recovery an new was installed
then i flashed
new rom 20.12.10 over 20.10.22
an all worked no problems
Now you lost the twrp 1206 and you can't boot to twrp 1206 with powermenu or buttons compo , unless you delete recovery.img from 20.12.10 rom zip ..

Now you can only use the A11 twrp which installed along with latest update or you can boot to 1206 twrp through fastboot mode ..

Reactions: jeffx16
Now you lost the twrp 1206 and you can't boot to twrp 1206 with powermenu or buttons compo , unless you delete recovery.img from 20.12.10 rom zip ..

Now you can only use the A11 twrp which installed along with latest update or you can boot to 1206 twrp through fastboot mode ..
Are you saying that you are able to boot from system / phone into 3.4.2b-1206, without going through Fastboot?
When I tried it, it did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.