MIUI 12.3 20.12.9/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how is your expirience with this latest rom on mi 10 umi. My device is very slow, sliding from top of my screen i must wait 1 or 2 s to open notification, my facebook viber some games is very slow too.

Hi guys, need some help.. right now my Violet stucks at bootscreen (I've waited for half an hour)..

Several days ago I dirty-flashed latest xiaomi.eu weekly 20.12.9 over 20.11.25, when I booted it to recovery to flash hosts file (I did this everytime after flashing newer rom), I noticed some errors after I entered the password (pattern), while in recovery I can see all the folders/files in sdcard, system and vendor partition, and my phone booted to system just fine, and I could use my device without problem, but I noticed my phone was kinda slower while opening apps, so today I dirty-flashed my device once more with the same weekly rom 20.12.9, but this time, It won't boot to system, it stucked at bootscreen.

I don't root my phone.

Here are some screenshoots I took while in OrangeFox recovery.

Any helps / idea to how I can fix this will be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Note : While I could copy most of my files in internal storage to my pc, there were some files that can't be copied for example latest backup file of whatsapp database (screenshoot 4).

View attachment 33506

View attachment 33507View attachment 33508View attachment 33509
I had the same situation. I installed the firmware with date formatting.

I did not do that, and it has not adversely affected anything. (yet?!)
you need to reboot to recovery after /data format to get access (from PC) to your phone and copy whatever you need to install... easier that OTG

Reactions: Iain_B
I did not do that, and it has not adversely affected anything. (yet?!)
You have to do that , Reboot to Recovery after format data is mandatory ..
You're just lucky because you firstly flash the rom as you said without formating data and rom won't boot , after that step there is no need to reflash again , rom is already installed and stuck at bootanimation because you didn't format data , so at this point just a boot to twrp , then format data and reboot to system without flashing anything is just fine , rom will boot now because you already installed it , it doesn't boot because you format data and reflash the rom , it boots because of formating data..
So it's mandatory to reboot to recovery when you format data , twrp said that after format , not me ..
And some other thing , if someone flash the global fastboot rom is with Android 10 and can be flashed the 0623 or 1206 twrp because it boots properly , issues starts since miui 12.2.. update and doesn't affect twrp yet ..

A big thanks to all for educating me in how to come from stock ROM. Having never done it (that I can remember anyway), and not really getting involved in it, I never appreciated the importance of the format process. It does say 'format' in post #1, but I thought that I knew better ;)
As regards the reboot into TWRP, I probably did that anyway in getting myself up and running again.

Reactions: gkalen
how is your expirience with this latest rom on mi 10 umi. My device is very slow, sliding from top of my screen i must wait 1 or 2 s to open notification, my facebook viber some games is very slow too.
Is it this ROM, or is it inherited from a previous ROM?
My Mi 10 (umi) is working fine with this ROM. Have you tried clearing Dalvik and cache, and deleting the data/system/package_cache folder?
If if persists, then you could try a Factory reset from within TWRP - your files should stay intact, but it will reset the system.

A big thanks to all for educating me in how to come from stock ROM. Having never done it (that I can remember anyway), and not really getting involved in it, I never appreciated the importance of the format process. It does say 'format' in post #1, but I thought that I knew better ;)
As regards the reboot into TWRP, I probably did that anyway in getting myself up and running again.
I have to tell you that I'm not a format data lover too , i try always to avoid this , BUT unfortunately there is mandatory for me only if ....
1. Coming from stock rom ( no matter if it's your first flash after unlock bootloader or if you flash stock rom with miflash to unbrick it ) for any reason ..
2. From Stable to Developer rom and opposite ..
3. From a NON MIUI rom to EU rom again ( on some cases here maybe a fastboot MIUI rom needed also )..

If i want just a fresh install i do only a factory reset ( Wipe/Swipe to factory reset / .. flash rom / wipe cache and dalvik / reboot system / Done .. ) ..
For me never need to delete package_cache folder either , i think that remove package_cache command , included also to installation script for every rom zip here ..

FOR REDMI NOTE 8 and 8T , ginkgo and willow users ..
Our twrp maker geoanto555 at Greek forum create a new twrp for ginkgo/willow and you can test it here also..
Unfortunately i don't have ginkgo now to test ( sold it 2 months before ) ..
The only thing that it doesn't seems to work for now it is backup ..
Decryption works , so you can flash next update without issues , decryption with pattern or pin works too ...
Geoanto555 trying to solve backup issue too , but you can flash this version now until we have a new one ..

DOWNLOAD ginkgo/willow twrp

EDIT
Backup also fixed , link changed with new twrp ..

Last edited:
Our twrp maker geoanto555 at Greek forum create a new twrp for ginkgo/willow and you can test it here also..
Decryption works , so you can flash next update without issues , decryption with pattern or pin works too ...
Geoanto555 trying to solve backup issue too , but you can flash this version now until we have a new one ..

View attachment 33512

Thank you for the information and the developer as well, I will report back with feedback once I get to test it.

Reactions: gkalen
I have a problem recieving some text messages with this rom on Mi Note 10, theres a few of my contact who get my sent text ok but I dont get their replies. I reset network then did factory reset but problem remains . Sim provider says things ok their end
Have you tried from different locations ? I often cannot send mms from where I live while they are sent from where I work.

QUOTE = "nik.shersh, post: 578626, member: 108394"]
There are still not enough statistics. Others may have different statistics. In my case, the "Screen on Time" is now 25.5% in 2.5 hours. But it depends a lot on the use of programs or games.
[/ TO QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "Sylar82, post: 576891, member: 271694"]
thank you so much for Dev for your work ...
Mi 10 umi, I have this problem:
1- when I put the phone in silent mode and back to the sound mode, the notification sound is muted, even when the volume notification bar is full to correct it, I must decrease the notification sound and increase it again .
2- without copying and pasting into the system application and without permission to use the clipboard when I copy the text from any application and try to paste it (note, browser, ...) nothing happens
[/TO QUOTE]
good morning I managed to solve mi 10 sound problem and copy and paste

EDIT
Backup also fixed , link changed with new twrp ..
Thanks a lot, seems to work! Now the Gingko decrypts again in TWRP.
The design may be too blueish, but that's not a matter...
Little strange is, that you have round about 100 possibilities of backup Partitions. Hard to find the right ones, cause they are not in an alphabetical order - but you don't need others than
boot
cache
data
modem
recovery
system
vendor
, do you?
I like very much that the screen switches off now, which wasn't possible before. Backup is still running, looks "normal" and now we can look forward to the next system upgrade - yeah!

Attachments

• twrp_hellas-1.png
    twrp_hellas-1.png
    368.4 KB · Views: 406
  • twrp_hellas-2.png
    twrp_hellas-2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 409
Last edited:
I'm experiencing a systemui reboots whenever i try something that involves "inputing" or copying/pasting on MI9
I tried wipe system, dalvik, cache reinstalling rom and that still doesn't work, it worked fine before that update, is it only me, or can anyone help me define the problem?

This has been mandatory for a year or so I think. Speaking from personal experience. Ever since full encryption is mandatory on most roms. Format used to be full wipe in the old days, but now almost every time you change a rom...stock , xiaomi.eu or custom rom you'll have to format data partition since internal storage is encrypted and custom recovery can never decrypt it. Which by the way is a different process also depending on which recovery you use. TWRP has a different process for formatting data partition than OrangeFox recovery. Also...it's becoming more and more difficult to pass safetynet on unlocked phones and custom roms. If you're using online banking or nfc payments it's getting increasily difficult to make them work. I feel like the era of root(magisk)/custom roms/unlocked bootloaders is slowly coming to an end as security (which is actually much needed) is getting tighter.

... Also...it's becoming more and more difficult to pass safetynet on unlocked phones and custom roms. If you're using online banking or nfc payments it's getting increasily difficult to make them work. I feel like the era of root(magisk)/custom roms/unlocked bootloaders is slowly coming to an end as security (which is actually much needed) is getting tighter.
I have just run the latest Magisk (Canary) update and I thought that I would test it again, having not been able to use my bank app for quite a few months. Everything that I have wanted to use is now working - bank - credit card - ISP - health app. All of these use the fingerprint access as well.

Last edited:
Is it this ROM, or is it inherited from a previous ROM?
My Mi 10 (umi) is working fine with this ROM. Have you tried clearing Dalvik and cache, and deleting the data/system/package_cache folder?
If if persists, then you could try a Factory reset from within TWRP - your files should stay intact, but it will reset the system.
I thought that I would also add my recent battery experience of my Mi 10 (umi) - reasonably impressive, I think:

Attachments

• IMG_20201223_123606.jpg
    IMG_20201223_123606.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 423
My camera broke after this build, now, doesn't work anywhere, not even after installing via fastboot

I installed the EU rom

But then the camera kept crashing

I thought to persist problem so I did fastboot

but issue even in stock from now

Redmi K30
actually Poco X2

I asked a lot
no one helps me here
please help...

BTW Its a camera API Problem

Last edited:
My camera broke after this build, now, doesn't work anywhere, not even after installing via fastboot

I installed the EU rom

But then the camera kept crashing

I thought to persist problem so I did fastboot

but issue even in stock from now

Redmi K30
actually Poco X2

I asked a lot
no one helps me here
please help...

BTW Its a camera API Problem
"my camera broke"
"Doesn't work anymore"

These are not details anyone can work with to pinpoint your problem or provide a solution.

Be more specific, error messages, logs, stuff like that

Cheers! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.