MIUI 12.0 20.6.4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I find it just fine on a mild usage. But I am using my phone for almost whole day so I need to charge this often times.

No bugs at all except Mic on Earphones for this update. Used to work from previous build.

Just to inform you that my mic on earphones is working just nicely.

For now, everything is fine, I did not notice any big battery drainage.
Many thanks to developer(s) for this ROM and stay well!

RN7 lavender

Last edited:
i have issue witch dark mode in some application some places still use wrong font color and i don't think its application problem ( SwiftKeyboard) like in screenshot below. Like you can see some of button user black font :(
View attachment Screenshot_2020-06-09-11-02-44-413_com.android.mms.jpg
Other problem i found out that in new version of scanner application "business card" is removed :( i used this option very often but now its removed :(
It is remover permanently?

Reactions: deedend
Hi,

I have mi8 lite (platina) and I still don't have the new app camera, I saw in the changelog that the new app has been released to all phones (for this xiaomi.eu rom). Should I full wipe my phone to have the rom properly installed or the new camera app wasn't released yet for platina?

Thank you for your help

I broke my phone screen yesterday, and then restarted my phone.
I need to enter my pin, but I can't see what I am doing.
Can you send me a picture of what the pin unlock screen looks like in Miui 12?
I just need an idea of where each number is.
Can you also let me know what actions I need to do from pressing the power button? i.e. swipe up to get the numbers etc.
Thanks.

I broke my phone screen yesterday, and then restarted my phone.
I need to enter my pin, but I can't see what I am doing.
Can you send me a picture of what the pin unlock screen looks like in Miui 12?
I just need an idea of where each number is.
Can you also let me know what actions I need to do from pressing the power button? i.e. swipe up to get the numbers etc.
Thanks.

Swipe your finger on the screen after pressing the power button to view this screen.

Reactions: nAbd3Z
I encountered a major issue on my Mi 9 Lite (CC9). Every now and again, while on standby, the phone goes into weird hibernation-like state. During that state, I can't unlock it, even though the fingerprint sensor lights up, but very dimly. The screen is overall dimmer as well. Only a reboot helps with that issue. The problem itself is pretty random.
Anyone else encountered this problem? I wonder if it could be because of an app or something.

i have issue witch dark mode in some application some places still use wrong font color and i don't think its application problem ( SwiftKeyboard) like in screenshot below. Like you can see some of button user black font :(
View attachment 30348
Other problem i found out that in new version of scanner application "business card" is removed :( i used this option very often but now its removed :(
I also experienced the same problem with SwiftKey. Try disabling dark mode for this app from individual apps settings. If it does not work try force stopping and then change your SwiftKey theme for once and then you apply what theme you want. It should work.

Reactions: MeiGuddet
Switched from MIUI 11 stable to this with my MI 8 SE. SIM card is not working anymore, whatever I do, activation fails. So you have any suggestions?
(I literally tried every solution I could find online, please recommend if you know it is working)

does anyone have problem in syncing photo to google photos ? since I upgrade to MIUI12 it keep getting stuck in "Getting ready to backup"

I'm using Mi 9 btw

Just a short question. I am using Nova launcher and like to use Miui gestures on it, but I cannot get to home screen with the swipe up gesture.
Is there something I can do to make this work?

does anyone have problem in syncing photo to google photos ? since I upgrade to MIUI12 it keep getting stuck in "Getting ready to backup"

I'm using Mi 9 btw
i'm having only issue in sync gmail...here i re installed the app and dont receive notifications and only sync when i open the app...

All restrictions are off, same situation. No accu optimization, all permissions given, no results. But if I wanna run those apps in background or use it on lock screen why the system don't allow me. I clearly want those setting and those apps but you should became a magician to reach something simple thing. This is BS...

G.
Very much the same with my phone

Apps with NO RESTRICTIONS on battery optimization, and locked in memory are getting closed.
Even when I use the phone while charging.

I don't know what to do anymore!
Mi8 Pro, latest Magisk, dirty install.

Everthing was fine until this released.

Very much the same with my phone

Apps with NO RESTRICTIONS on battery optimization, and locked in memory are getting closed.
Even when I use the phone while charging.

I don't know what to do anymore!
Mi8 Pro, latest Magisk, dirty install.

Everthing was fine until this released.
Please check the pic, perhaps you have switched cleaning cache after 1 minute, on. I my case this was what happened after flashing latest version

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_193412.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 256
Just a short question. I am using Nova launcher and like to use Miui gestures on it, but I cannot get to home screen with the swipe up gesture.
Is there something I can do to make this work?
This particular gesture has always been flaky in MIUI 12, especially on stock. In my experience, however, it seems to improve with each new weekly beta. I don't think that this issue has anything to do with Nova.

RN7P & RN9P EU

Last edited:
Reactions: Putti
Still massive battery drain on cepheus, still reporting it, still nobody ever got an answer. Clean install or dirty Flash doesnt make a difference, its still the System and Kernel causing this drain (20-30% over night).

History: battery drain started with 20.5.7 dozends of users reported the battery drain, nobody ever got an answer.
With every following weekly less and less cepheus owners reported the drain because no reaction came. Now a lot of users already left the Party, you can already See it at the downloads for cepheus, ging down over 10% since this started.

If you need logs or something, have a look into the threads of the last weeklys... A lot of users shared their Screenshots and logs.

Sad to See that some people here Post s**t every Day and often get answers from the xiaomi.eu Team but if dozends of users have the same Problem and reporting it in a friendly way they dont get an answer at all.

And please dont complain about my Post with Things like "its for free" or similar, i dont want to force someone to do something, but would be a normal answer like "atm we dont know whats causing the drain but we are looking into it" so hard or Bad work? Or maybe mark it as a known Bug for cepheus?
I can express your annoyance at the fact that no one can understand yours and others' questions about the increased battery consumption. However, I cannot confirm your experience on my Mi 9. My battery consumption is excellent. And it's on the Qi mat overnight anyway.
One thing is certain for me. The battery consumption of xiaomi.eu is far better than that of the Global ROM!
My problem was rather a different one. My flashlight just went on. Mostly on the phone, but even if I only took it in my hand. I wasn't just looking for a solution here. Initially, my question was not answered either. Ultimately, the flashlight has calmed down since the last update. No more problems b
Finally, I would like to know where you got the 10% download rate for the cepheus ROM from?

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Hi, since the first miui 12 release, when I back out of the settings app and return to the previously opened app (let's say WhatsApp) this previously opened app (WhatsApp) rotates to landscape and instantly rotates back to portrait mode. Is this a known bug? Any ideas? Other than that I'm loving the miui12 release.

Edit: It was a Tasker conflict

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What is this? When I tap it shows me the normal WLAN options.

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_181746.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 321
View attachment 30348
I also use swiftkey, and I have the same problem, solution ... change the keyboard theme.View attachment Screenshot_2020-06-10-19-41-07-995_com.android.chrome.jpg

Reactions: deedend
I encountered a major issue on my Mi 9 Lite (CC9). Every now and again, while on standby, the phone goes into weird hibernation-like state. During that state, I can't unlock it, even though the fingerprint sensor lights up, but very dimly. The screen is overall dimmer as well. Only a reboot helps with that issue. The problem itself is pretty random.
Anyone else encountered this problem? I wonder if it could be because of an app or something.
Yes it happens to me too

Enviado do meu Mi 9 Lite através do Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.