MIUI 12.1 20.7.2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you have an ad blocker...

You hacked into some screen I didn't even knew existed, a screen not officially accessible... Not sure how I can help you...

Ooh damm, Thank you so much that was indeed the problem, after disabling AdAway now it works.

Last edited:
Hi, on MI8 auto brightness doesn't work for me,was ok on MIUI 11 (first use of miui12)
Has anyone experienced?

Mi 9 Lite not respond some times when phone is locked. Try to unlock the phone but seems that is powered off. After a few seconds when try many times to unlock then appears that is not powered off.

From my MI 9 Lite using Tapatalk
Same happened on mi9se on version before. Didn't check this version yet, but it seems that it's not been fixed

Reactions: minotavros
Why do you not remove the miui gallery?

The app drops the battery and it is not a very useful nor used app.

Currently, busybox is needed to remove it.

I will report in the correct topic about Bugs, these that are happening after this last update.
On Redmi Note 7 a big bug occurs, when I scroll down to open the control center.
It crashes and does not open and the message "System UI is not working" appears.
Wait or It’s giving my Redmi Note 7 a big bug, I click down to open the control center, it crashes or the "System UI message doesn’t appear be working"
You would have to choose "Wait or Stop".
I also noticed that OTG doesn't work or is recognizing Pendrive when connecting.

Anyone else with this problem in lavander??

Hi Bro.
I'm having your same problems... (Lavender)
The launcher appears to stuck when you swipe down for quick settings, or the Control Center... Charming!
:-(

Last edited:

Keep those advices to yourself, you don't know what you're saying. A lot of features in MIUI depend on the MIUI Gallery app, and will not work if disabled/removed.
Also, we enable the option to disable certain system apps if we're sure that they are not mandatory for proper system functionality.

Why'd xeu team remove something that's not bloat! The default gallery is feature rich and I like it much, maybe more people so!
Also, you probably got load on battery because of online sync! I have it turned off and it doesn't even show up in my battery usage list!

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Anyone missing badge number notifications (whatsapp, telegram...)?
Poco Launcher on Mi9

Last edited:
Anyone missing badge number notifications (whatsapp...)?

Not on MI8.
Slds,

Reactions: vis427
Just finding out that new gesture when removing the pill, great stuff! much more intuitively for me as I forget to use the swipe movement by default. I've been downloading some none MIUI ROMs as I mentioned I just recently unlocked my bootloader and came straight to .EU after official version so I have not been able to explore what this MI8 can do running other ROMs but I keep finding little things not to move away. The control over each app use to feel intrusive in MIUI back then but now everyone is looking for more privacy and control and v.12 in my opinion is some steps ahead of other ROMs.
Did the autostart thing to see if the battery improves a bit and just gave permission to WhatsApp and Outlook as I need them for working purposes. Let's see if does improve something. I did test sending a message to my WhatsApp business app also install on my phone and that doesn't have autostart permission and after a reboot the notification came through anyways so I wonder if this just the normal behavior, looks to me that it should be.
Slds,

Reactions: zeyentology
Note 7 Pro. So far rom runs good, battery life ok.

Except these 2 points:

1 - Oppening Control Center has little stutter or lag. It was worse in previous build, but it's still there. Don't know if is some hardware limitation;

2 - This one is expecific for an app. Pokemon GO. Running 2 stances of the app using dual app and split screen is very problematic in this Rom in comparison with version 11. Overall the 2 games run good, no lag, except when you need to battle in Gyms and/or access your buddy screen to feed and interact with it. In Gyms sometimes one of the accounts get stuck in the GO screen before the battle and overall you get constantly Network Erro(2). The buddy screen is more problematic, when you access the buddy screen the other app goes black or completely crash, if it do not crash, usually you can restore the screen touching the dividing bar in the center of screen, but the app that has gone black is now unresponsive to touch, also, in any case, the 2 apps are now having very high lag and stutter, only solution is to restart the device, restarting the apps do not solve the problem.

Thanks.
Hi, have you already try to pair it with Bluetooth using TWS headset?or if you do have TWS headset?

Gallery bug

I must touch several times when I give it to WhatsApp or some other application to make it happen, it is not slow but it asks me to touch several times.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

Still don't get the autostart behaviour of MiUI. Every app that has been restored from Google Backup or is freshly installed from play store has Autostart enabled... What for? Doesn't make sense... If I expicitly enable Autostart, I get a warning that autostarting uses extra ram and bettery. Exactly what I would expect.

Isn't that pretty contradictory? Can somebody explain why every app is autostarted by default? Is it possible to disable this autostart nonsense?

Thanks for your help!

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk
72c00210f74a5fb94a0bc60e3aa94e90.jpg

I would say by default apps should have autostart to ensure their ideal behavior so I guess is normal for newly install apps to be granted that permission. Google news for sure by default would want to send you notifications so it needs to be up and running all the time. I never restore backups as I run few apps on my phone so everytime I flash I start from scratch.
I wouldn't get to carry away by that feature, on MIUI 11 I never touched anything and my battery was just fine so I think this battery drainage problem will get corrected at some point.
Slds,

Reactions: zeyentology
I would say by default apps should have autostart to ensure their ideal behavior so I guess is normal for newly install apps to be granted that permission. Google news for sure by default would want to send you notifications so it needs to be up and running all the time. I never restore backups as I run few apps on my phone so everytime I flash I start from scratch.
I wouldn't get to carry away by that feature, on MIUI 11 I never touched anything and my battery was just fine so I think this battery drainage problem will get corrected at some point.
Slds,
Google News was just an example. Even icon packs come with autostart enabled. Still weird the autostart toggle warns me but the system does it by default. Anyways... I'll still keep toggling autostart after installing new apps. I don't realize the slightest difference in app responsiveness or missing notifications since I disabled autostart for every app. Autostart just eats up a huge amount of memory and kills my battery within 6 hours. Now I have 5 hours SOT and in general I get 20 hours out of one charge.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk
e8594f72f7a152619500c99718124558.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: REDMI_GT
Why'd xeu team remove something that's not bloat! The default gallery is feature rich and I like it much, maybe more people so!
Also, you probably got load on battery because of online sync! I have it turned off and it doesn't even show up in my battery usage list!

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

I have disabled all the features, even when I never opened this app.

It just started yo happened as soon as I update to MIUI 12

Reactions: Mali2
Hi all, thanks again for developing.

Everything great but I have an issue with my gingko, i cant use netflix, screen goes black, i only have sound and subtittles.

Using gingko with miui12.eu latest update. And netflix app available on playstore with hd profile.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: minhphamngocquy1993
Hi all, thanks for the version of miui. I have one mi 9 and this version is very good.
One question, my wife want buy a mi note 10 lite, and I want know if this phone have a version CN? For install custom roms, like xiaomi.eu.
Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.