MIUI 12.1 20.7.30

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is battery life on this ROM for MI9T better than the Stable 12.0.2.0?

If you dont use your phone, battery life is very good. What an answer do you expect?

There are so many guys with different configurations, applications, they use the phone in different ways.

Install the new rom and educate yourself.

This question was a little bit superfluous.

Regards Kater

Has the battery life cycle improved in this build for Redmi Note 8?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk
Hello,

It's my first post around here. I'm putting to rest my redmi note 5 and start using redmi note 8 that has MIUI 11 Global.

Since I still want to use xiaomi apps (dialer, contacts, messages), and not the ones from google, I want to install a xiaomi.eu rom with MIUI 12.

Can someone help me how to proceed, like step by step?

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Reactions: Valeroff
Mi 8 explorer edition Bluetooth problem

Hi my mi airdots 2s will not connect properly, first it detected my right side has no battery, so my left side worked fine, after resetting by unpairing as well i had both of them two pair means 2 separate left and right with to of them showing up in the Bluetooth menu and only one can be connected at a time, i know this cause i tested and right side is at 100% while left side is 70%...after unpairing both i reboot my phone and now only it detects right side...i have reset the case a lot of times with he red and white blinking light there after i realized that the pop out image that shows both airdots and case battery level is actually not there after the update of .23. as .30 is not out yet for my device i hope it can be fixed.
Hey there, this shouldn't be a phone problem but a earphone one, there is a guide how to pair them again after using independently, something with turning off twice and the order of turning on, no phone involved!

Mine are used more or less daily for running, but the issue appears sometimes.

So bind them without the phone, then connect only the right one.

Read here:

*******=g e ar be st

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Hello,

It's my first post around here. I'm putting to rest my redmi note 5 and start using redmi note 8 that has MIUI 11 Global.

Since I still want to use xiaomi apps (dialer, contacts, messages), and not the ones from google, I want to install a xiaomi.eu rom with MIUI 12.

Can someone help me how to proceed, like step by step?

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Hi it is described on the first page of this topic. It depends on your requirements.

What version is installed, is your bootloader unlocked, did you install the newest version from twrp..

We can only help if you tell us the details.

I think you have an very older or original rom version installed. So make a backup, format not wipe the data partition, install the new rom and voila

Hey there, this shouldn't be a phone problem but a earphone one, there is a guide how to pair them again after using independently, something with turning off twice and the order of turning on, no phone involved!

Mine are used more or less daily for running, but the issue appears sometimes.

So bind them without the phone, then connect only the right one.

Read here:

*******=g e ar be st

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Hi sorry this are for the older models which i had long ago and this does work, but unfortunately mine are the airdots 2s pro...the latest with wireless charging, and it does not have lights on the product only the case, but i will try to see if there are connection issues between the both of them...likewise the pop up image that shows the airdots and case is not on the phone like the other miui update...it disappear...i didn't notice cause im not used to seeing that in which i stated having the older version of the airdots...

Hi it is described on the first page of this topic. It depends on your requirements.

What version is installed, is your bootloader unlocked, did you install the newest version from twrp..

We can only help if you tell us the details.

I think you have an very older or original rom version installed. So make a backup, format not wipe the data partition, install the new rom and voila

I totally forgot about bootloader, already tried the unlock. I'll have to wait until August 13th.

Anyway, I have the last global MIUI 11.0.9, I think it's the latest one. I updated when I turn on the phone.

That part of "format not wipe the data partition". I make it on twrp, right?
Thanks

Hello, I am trying to connect a card reader in my Mi8 and I have the Root Explorer. In proms a message that I have to grand permission and I have to choose the usb flash drive but I can't find the usb folder. Is anyone having that problem ? I don't have root my phone

You have written "At the beginning I installed rom only using old twrp (the new one always error 7)" now you are saying the old twrp is not working.

I have asked if you have the correct rom-zip. You answered "yes" but now you are a little bit confused about the different phones / rom.zip.

I dont understand you. Did you delete the assert lines, did you checked if the rom is for your phone, did you try to download it again perhaps its broken ? And is it correct, that you can flash the old version with the old twrp?

Regards Kater
Hello Kater,excuse me but my english Is poor.I try ti explane better.when I've purchased device I unlocked It and installed newest twrp for mi9lite (3.4.0.0),but It didn't install rom (error 7).After a lot of troubles I had to install chinese fastboot rom by miflash.then I installed older twrp (3.3.1.0).with It I was able,not easily, to install xiaomi.eu weekly rom.I installed normally next rom on the next week,but with newest rom again error 7.So I installed again the new twrp,but Always error 7. I downloaded the right rom (mi9lite pyxis vela).but It Is the dame rom for both devices (pyxis and vela) and so I've the doubt It didn't fit correctly on mi9lite pyxis. In the file of rom with updater scripts I've not found assert Lines at the beginning.

Last edited:
I totally forgot about bootloader, already tried the unlock. I'll have to wait until August 13th.

That part of "format not wipe the data partition". I make it on twrp, right?
Thanks

Ok… so you have to wait. Format data in twrp. Good luck

Reactions: dtfmi
Hello Kater,excuse me but my english Is poor.I try ti explane better.when I've purchased device I unlocked It and installed newest twrp for mi9lite (3.4.0.0),but It didn't install rom (error 7).After a lot of troubles I had to install chinese fastboot rom by miflash.then I installed older twrp (3.3.1.0).with It I was able,not easily, to install xiaomi.eu weekly rom.I installed normally next rom on the next week,but with newest rom again error 7.So I installed again the new twrp,but Always error 7. I downloaded the right rom (mi9lite pyxis vela).but It Is the dame rom for both devices (pyxis and vela) and so I've the doubt It didn't fit correctly on mi9lite pyxis. In the file of rom with updater scripts I've not found assert Lines at the beginning.

Hi I have downloaded the rom "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9LiteMICC9_20.7.30_v12-10.zip" with "2.572.703.827" GB
You are right there are no "assert" lines. In this script they check the version with this lines of code:

• getprop("ro.product.device") == "pyxis" || abort("E3004: This package is for \"pyxis\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

And you did not get an error code, so you should have the right version for your phone.

The error occurs in this lines of code:

• ui_print("Flashing system partition...");
    block_image_update("/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat.br", "system.patch.dat") || abort("E1001: Failed to flash system partition.");
I have checked the updater script from an older version (I dont know which older version you have installed). They have the same lines of code. No differences (only some strings)

But again you said, you was able to install it with an older TWRP " I installed older twrp (3.3.1.0).with It I was able" so my proposal is, that you install the old version of twrp and then the correct rom-file.

I dont know what do you mean with "vela" there is one version for "pyxis"

Reactions: Alkaja
Hi I have downloaded the rom "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9LiteMICC9_20.7.30_v12-10.zip" with "2.572.703.827" GB
You are right there are no "assert" lines. In this script they check the version with this lines of code:

• getprop("ro.product.device") == "pyxis" || abort("E3004: This package is for \"pyxis\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

And you did not get an error code, so you should have the right version for your phone.

The error occurs in this lines of code:

• ui_print("Flashing system partition...");
    block_image_update("/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat.br", "system.patch.dat") || abort("E1001: Failed to flash system partition.");
I have checked the updater script from an older version (I dont know which older version you have installed). They have the same lines of code. No differences (only some strings)

View attachment 31287

But again you said, you was able to install it with an older TWRP " I installed older twrp (3.3.1.0).with It I was able" so my proposal is, that you install the old version of twrp and then the correct rom-file.

I dont know what do you mean with "vela" there is one version for "pyxis"

View attachment 31288
Kater thank you very much for the help. The error code is exactly that you have found in the updater script. The problem is that also with the old twrp (3.3.1.0) now I'm not able to flah rom. For this reason I tryed to install again new twrp. The last rom I was able to flash (with twrp 3.3.1.0) was 20.7.16. The next roms always that error (with both twrp). Vela is the codename of Mi CC9 (chinese version of Mi9 lite). I know weekly xiaomi.eu roms are made from developers chinese roms, so I've the doubt that these are made for MI CC9 and that they don't fit exactly on global mi9 lite. I don't know. It's the only thing in my mind. For this reasons I asked if someone has mi9lite here

Kater thank you very much for the help. The error code is exactly that you have found in the updater script. The problem is that also with the old twrp (3.3.1.0) now I'm not able to flah rom. For this reason I tryed to install again new twrp. The last rom I was able to flash (with twrp 3.3.1.0) was 20.7.16. The next roms always that error (with both twrp). Vela is the codename of Mi CC9 (chinese version of Mi9 lite). I know weekly xiaomi.eu roms are made from developers chinese roms, so I've the doubt that these are made for MI CC9 and that they don't fit exactly on global mi9 lite. I don't know. It's the only thing in my mind. For this reasons I asked if someone has mi9lite here

You was able to install xiaomi.eu 20.7.16 with old twrp and now you cant install the new rom or the old rom with new and old twrp? Then I dont know…

Perhaps you have a better chance if you ask in the MI9 topic group

Edit: You already asked in the Mi9 topic :)

Last edited:
You was able to install xiaomi.eu 20.7.16 with old twrp and now you cant install the new rom or the old rom with new and old twrp? Then I dont know…

Perhaps you have a better chance if you ask in the MI9 topic group

Yes exact. I flashed with old twrp xiaomi.eu 20.7.9. This flashing was very hard, after a lot of efforts. The next week I normally flashed xiaomi.eu 20.7.16 and all ok. But error 7 with the next roms 20.7.23 and 20.7.30 (either with old and new twrp). Luckily I had backup so I could came back to rom 20.7.16 (and now I have it) but I'm not able to upgrade at the newes weekly roms.

I had posted this in the mi9 group at the beginning (then I was able to flash miracously the xiaomi.eu weekly rom with twrp 3.3.1.0)
Jul 8, 2020
Hello guys, I've a big problem with my Mi9lite. It came with a global stable rom and I would to change in weekly rom by xiaomi.eu. I've unlocked bootloader and flashed twrp 3.4.0.0-pyxis.img. I made wipe and I tryed to install the last weekly rom for mi9 lite. But installing procedure stopped and phone turned on only in fastboot mode. Now I'm able only to flash via fastboot the stable chinese rom. I flash twrp but I can't flash any rom (the procedure stops always at installing system). I tryed also to make a format data from twrp, but after it twrp can't read the internal storage anche the sd card (in wich I put the rom). Help please! Now I've reflashed via fastboot (with miflash) the usual china stable rom. What can I do????Thank you in advance

Last edited:
In my mi 9 lite is happening something weird. Every time I get an incoming call, the ringtone is at high volume. When I take the phone to answer the call, the ringtone goes to lower volume. What is that? I cannot understand...

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Hey there :)

I've noticed that after flashing this rom, chats on whatsapp keeps appearing without names , number only

Last edited:
Hey there :)

I've noticed that while using the exact theme in the attached screenshot , Whatsapp chats keeps appearing without names ;only numbers without names and I've to refresh contacts every time that happens
that happens only while on the theme attached , I don't know what's the relation between those two things
If you haven't already, try blocking access to contacts for WhatsApp and re-enabling it

Status
Not open for further replies.