MIUI 12.1 20.7.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Google Pay didn‘t work on my poco f2 pro since I updated to 20.7.9. I have used google pay from May to yesterday without issues. Please help.

mi 9 gallery crashes. clean data das not help.
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:2064)
at com.miui.gallery.provider.cache.BurstInfo.generateBurstInfo(Unknown Source:84)
at com.miui.gallery.provider.cache.MediaItem$Generator.from(Unknown Source:314)
at com.miui.gallery.provider.cache.MediaItem$Generator.from(Unknown Source:0)
at com.miui.gallery.provider.cache.MediaManager$InitializeTask.loadFullPart(Unknown Source:124)
at com.miui.gallery.provider.cache.MediaManager$InitializeTask.run(Unknown Source:29)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Xiaomi fixed it in Gallery 2.2.16.10, you'll have to wait for the next release.

Hello @ingbrzy
Thanks for the update ( Mi Mix 2S )
Its a very good rom this week
I have a question : GPU drivers has bien updated for Mi Mix 2S ?
Yes.

Mi 9T (Davinci) too slow to connect WiFi, it gets stuck "getting IP address"
I tried to reset network settings but the problem continues, it takes a world to access WiFi.
someone else happens with Mi 9T?
I have a Mi 9T with 20.7.9 and it connects no problem with my WiFi router.

Reactions: Santi_sc
What are you talking about? Those 20.7.8 are Closed Beta. They are not public.
Anyway, those Android 11 ROMs are not ready for daily usage yet. Global support is broken and many UI issues.
Thanks for clarify.
I was just wondering, since it is downloadable via MIUI 12 app...
So it's better to wait then.
I don't want to mess up anything ;)

Hello,
Google Pay didn‘t work on my poco f2 pro since I updated to 20.7.9. I have used google pay from May to yesterday without issues. Please help.
I have same issue. Force close google pay, then delete/remove all data, then they will work some time. I don't know for better solution till new ROM come out.

Last edited:
Facial unlocking does not work in the new update, it gets stuck and I went to add another face to see if it would let me solve the problem the camera never loaded to add the new face. In Redmi Note 7
I'm using face unlock on Redmi Note 7; it continued to work as normal after dirty update to 20.7.9, I didn't touch anything. (But fingerprint unlock hasn't worked for a long time, after deleting fingerprint to see if adding it again would help, I have always been unable to add a fingerprint.) Best wishes

Hello
The rom works perfectly on my Mi Max 3 (nitrogen)
Unfortunately I saw that there are still some Chinese characters in the weather app
Screenshot.jpg

Reactions: vis427
We've enabled Super wallpapers for all devices starting from next release, so you guys stop crying.
However, if anyone complains that it's laggy, the phone heats up too much or the battery is drained a lot quicker - might just get banned.
I think it's only fair.

We've enabled Super wallpapers for all devices starting from next release, so you guys stop crying.
However, if anyone complains that it's laggy, the phone heats up too much or the battery is drained a lot quicker - might just get banned.
I think it's only fair.
Hehehe, then you should pin this message when the changelog comes out because I'm afraid there's going to be quite a few that get the ban treatment ;)
Slds,

Lavender, when i enter in statistics battery menu, the system shows Unreal time of stand by phone. I turn on My phone at 9am and now 00:20am shows only 7hrs and 57min instead of 15hrs and 21 Min.

@Igor Eisberg @ingbrzy

its so weird, after updating to 20.7.9 i can no longer access now this forum site.....
Screenshot_2020-07-13-09-08-58-789_com.android.browser.jpg
Screenshot_2020-07-13-09-07-50-141_com.android.chrome.jpg
i already tried both in google chrome and xiaomi default browser but it doesnt work...
i also tried clearing chrome and browsers all apps data but i cant access this forum site.

and then i tried using vpn and use other countries IP address like Singapore and now i can access this forum and comment this feedback....
how did it happen? is my country(Philippines) IP address blacklisted? or our ISP's here blacklisted your website?

by the way, before using singapore IP, i tried using mobile data without VPN, wifi without vpn and data/wifi with vpn but still Philippines ip address/server all three are not working....cant access this site

i know its a weird feedback....

I think it's only fair.

Will there be a toggle to turn it off Sir? tks

I think it's only fair.
Great news but would you consider putting an option to completely uninstall or disable or turn it off for people like me who would prefer stability over flashiness?

Great news but would you consider putting an option to completely uninstall or disable or turn it off for people like me who would prefer stability over flashiness?
Not sure how the option will be available for those that don't have it but simply not loading them makes them off and I don't think they will have any negative effect if you keep it that way, in case there are any side effects anyways... This is the beauty of Beta releases, people get to test stuff, if they take a negative impact then once we get stable releases for our respective devices everyone can choose which way to go.
Slds,

Reactions: Mali2 and Poney70
Not sure how the option will be available for those that don't have it but simply not loading them makes them off and I don't think they will have any negative effect if you keep it that way, in case there are any side effects anyways... This is the beauty of Beta releases, people get to test stuff, if they take a negative impact then once we get stable releases for our respective devices everyone can choose which way to go.
Slds,
Exactly. You just don't have to use them.
Not only that, both Super wallpapers are uninstallable.

Status
Not open for further replies.