MIUI 12.1 20.7.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Developers,
Redmi K30/ POCO X2 (Phoenix) still stuck in a boot loop. Forced me to flash stable version yet again. Please advise.

Regards,
Afthab

Hello! :)

You are correct. ;)

So here are the modifications (in bold) to be able to boot and to pass SafetyNet tests:

ro.build.fingerprint=xiaomi/violet/violet:10/QKQ1.190915.002/V11.0.1.0.QFHCNXM:user/release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint_real=xiaomi/violet/violet:10/QKQ1.190915.002/20.7.9:user/release-keys/1594328841
ro.system.build.fingerprint=xiaomi/violet/violet:10/QKQ1.190915.002/V11.0.1.0.QFHCNXM:user/release-keys
ro.system.build.fingerprint_real=xiaomi/violet/violet:10/QKQ1.190915.002/20.7.9:user/release-keys/1594328841
ro.build.version.security_patch=2020-05-01
ro.build.version.security_patch_real=2020-07-01

Now that my RN7 Pro is running fine on xiaomi.eu 20.7.9, can I revert these lines back to the original version? so that I don't need to modify build.prop everytime I upgrade the rom.

Now that my RN7 Pro is running fine on xiaomi.eu 20.7.9, can I revert these lines back to the original version? so that I don't need to modify build.prop everytime I upgrade the rom.
No, sadly you will always need to keep these lines. After each weekly ROM update you will need to modify build.prop again... ;)

No, sadly you will always need to keep these lines. After each weekly ROM update you will need to modify build.prop again... ;)

Oke, tks, will do that, maybe till xiaomi.eu Devs use a more recent security patch and fingerprint version on the weekly rom?

Is there a way to set Up a Minimum time between notifications (at least floating notifications) to show It Up? Its very anoying to be watching a video or playing a Game, or even browsing and get 5-6 floating notifications using the 1/3 upper part of your screen. I can dimiss one, but is anoying to dimiss 6. I remember there was an option to silence floating notifications for X minutes When you swipe Up It. Any way to enable It or similar in miui12?
Thaaaanks

I too faced the same no deep sleep issue with my Mi 9, even after a factory reset.

What I did to solve it was to root and install NapTime from PlayStore.

Interesting. For me on any reasonably new version of MIUI and different Xiaomi phones NapTime didn't do any good whatsoever. I think all NapTime can do is already done by MIUI. Installing NapTime, if it does something at all, only slightly reduces battery life in my hands.

Also, on my raphael, I do not have a deep sleep issue at all - the phone goes to deep "doze" relatively quickly. Although, I must admit, this doesn't reduce the energy consumption very much, nowhere near of what it should do - but it never did. "Doze" appears to be a marketing feature of very little actual benefit.

What DOES make a big difference is to switch away from "dark mode" to "light mode". This is totally counter-intuitive, as the "dark mode" is supposed to save energy on OLED screens (e.g. on my raphael), but as a matter of fact, it uses more energy.

Interesting. For me on any reasonably new version of MIUI and different Xiaomi phones NapTime didn't do any good whatsoever. I think all NapTime can do is already done by MIUI. Installing NapTime, if it does something at all, only slightly reduces battery life in my hands.

Also, on my raphael, I do not have a deep sleep issue at all - the phone goes to deep "doze" relatively quickly. Although, I must admit, this doesn't reduce the energy consumption very much, nowhere near of what it should do - but it never did. "Doze" appears to be a marketing feature of very little actual benefit.

What DOES make a big difference is to switch away from "dark mode" to "light mode". This is totally counter-intuitive, as the "dark mode" is supposed to save energy on OLED screens (e.g. on my raphael), but as a matter of fact, it uses more energy.
I have disabled the dark mode schedule. Let's see what happens

Fix the DRM protected Streaming App Blackscreen Bug (Netflix, Disney+ etc.), please.

Removing Widevine L1 is not an option for me.

I use the Redmi Note 8.

Hi from Colombia.

Xiaomi mi 9t 6/64gb
I have MIUI 12.1 20.7.9... I love the transitions and control center, more options of customize, more power in games, less lag, good camera interface. THANKS!
is better than stable?

My comments:
Facebook and instagram notifications isn't working good.
Gesture multitask has a bug sometimes, don't show any app and put "bokeh" in home screen (ocasionally).
Multitask loss fluidity on slides with 5-6 apps or more.
DDMM has chinese caracters in some styles of always on display themes, not in pre-loaded, just in downloaded.
Dark mode is activated in all apps default and in some, makes it difficult to use, manually chose the one that does support it.
Some texts in settings menu isn't translated to spanish, example, notification of low battery (less of 20%).

Fix the DRM protected Streaming App Blackscreen Bug (Netflix, Disney+ etc.), please.

Removing Widevine L1 is not an option for me.

I use the Redmi Note 8.
We disabled L1 patch for Redmi Note 8 since the Android 9 libs seems to not be working well with Android 10. We'll restore the patch when Global Android 10 is released for your device.

İ have problems with notes app. İts crashing if i open another app

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: near "e": syntax error (code 1 SQLITE_ERROR): , while compiling: delete from todo WHERE plain_text = 'Görevler'e hoş geldiniz! Burada metin ve ses görevleri ekleyebilirsiniz. Bir metin görevini düzenlemek için, sadece dokunun. Alt görevlere kontrol listesi eklemek için "Enter" düğmesine dokunun'
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativePrepareStatement(Native Method)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.acquirePreparedStatement(Unknown Source:19)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.prepare(Unknown Source:12)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteSession.prepare(Unknown Source:12)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteProgram.<init>(Unknown Source:47)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteStatement.<init>(Unknown Source:1)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.executeSql(Unknown Source:41)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.execSQL(Unknown Source:1)
at com.miui.todo.data.utils.GuideUtils.deleteGuideTodo(Unknown Source:68)
at com.miui.todo.cloudservice.TodoSyncManager.downloadSort(Unknown Source:154)
at com.miui.todo.cloudservice.TodoSyncManager.sync(Unknown Source:16)
at com.miui.todo.cloudservice.TodoServiceAdapter.onPerformMiCloudSync(Unknown Source:122)
at com.miui.notes.cloudservice.NotesSyncAdapter.performMiCloudSync(Unknown Source:53)
at com.miui.notes.cloudservice.NotesSyncAdapter.onPerformMiCloudSync(Unknown Source:90)
at com.xiaomi.micloudsdk.sync.SyncAdapterBase.onPerformSync(Unknown Source:366)
at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(Unknown Source:148)

Please, check this bug:
When a Uber driver accepts a trip, my Mi9 starts to lock and unlock in a loop until it's restart to twrp

Please, check this bug:
When a Uber driver accepts a trip, my Mi9 starts to lock and unlock in a loop until it's restart to twrp
I've read about this bug here somewhere, I use this app a lot for work purposes but in this f... lockdown I don't even have it installed at the moment so no way to see if it affects mi 8 also. Kind of weird an app triggering this behavior.
Slds,

Last edited:
Reactions: wlabrujo
@Igor Eisberg sir can i disable floating windows feature? i dont know why my Whatsapp always turn into floating windows if i click the notification. but if i open from whatsapp icon its normal with fullscreen. any advice?

or anyone can help me why my whatsapp always turn into floating windows if open from notification?

thx before

Hello! Please help me!
I've been dealing with battery draining and it's really bothering me. Any help would be really appreciated.
I'm currently using the weekly 20.7.9 ROM. I did a clean install (actually I've restored my cloud's backup from Xiaomi and Google... Not sure if I should do it, I'd appreciate any clarification).
I've also deactivated auto start from most of my apps (I only allowed calendar, alarms and contacts). Still, I don't even get 3h of active use of my device.
Finally, I've summed every item of the "battery usage stats" and it doesn't get 100%.
Does anyone know what can I do?
I've seen people saying they get at least 6h of active use...
e81e198907a13beda4890b9552e02d29.jpg
c34d90b9a6400c0085bd9736fad124ed.jpg
01286f668ddf03f2446b01bf3dff1d61.jpg

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

@Igor Eisberg sir can i disable floating windows feature? i dont know why my Whatsapp always turn into floating windows if i click the notification. but if i open from whatsapp icon its normal with fullscreen. any advice?

or anyone can help me why my whatsapp always turn into floating windows if open from notification?

thx before
Try toggling some options there, long pressing on WhatsApp and going into settings. Not sure if you're asking for something more complicated but this seems just common Android behavior and not so much MIUI related.
Slds,

Status
Not open for further replies.