MIUI 12.1 20.9.3/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up my own message:

I've searched more deeply for the many references to "WCDMA" and have found a very relevant post from somebody who knows what they are saying. I quote without comment, beyond saying that I don't have the required knowledge for anything deep.:

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/20-5-28.56038/post-546963 (post 366)
issue ... for MI 9:
1. preferred network type is LTE/TD-SCDMA/UMTS
it's suitable only for China!

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/20-5-28.56038/post-546971 (post 370)
Igor Eisberg, Developer, Staff member
You're completely clueless to how this works. You have nothing to do in the hidden Test menu.
"Prefer 4G" or "Prefer LTE" is an auto-switching mode between TD-SCDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE.

So my post may have been due to misunderstanding what happens. It does clearly appear that the Chinese network is selected, but that may be deceptive. My concrete suggestion is: if you think you have this problem, do some controlled tests with TD-SCDMA and WCDMA to see if there is any measurable difference in performance where there is no good LTE/4G signal. I'm always in a good LTE area, so can't test.

If my post was misleading, I apologise. And, of course, thanks to the developers for their excellent work on developing this ROM.
Well it works both ways (in default and LTE/UMTS auto), you can see for yourself even in good 4G network when you call someone it switches to 3G for calling (unless you are using VOLTE). I still think the setting should be LTE/UMTS auto PRL. I see no use of the TD-SCDMA since it is it not in use in Europe, but if there is no harm then who cares, the question is is there any battery penalty for looking for it and are there any negatives in not using PRL. Can someone explain so that we learn something, perhaps @Igor Eisberg

Reactions: arboria and xeGox
thanks guys for trying to help, eventually I was able to boot to twrp recovery with power+volume up and I formatted to remove the encrypted stuff and was able to adb push over the OS zip file and flash it using twrp

Today i could unlock my Mi 10. I flashed TWRP an the new weekly rom. Awesome work developers, thanks.

Superwitschi Designs

Mi mix 3 user here, I know this one is the last beta for my device, will the stable release still be available for my device for at least a bit longer? I am hoping Xiaomi updates the mi mix 3 to Android 11 because it came with android 9 but who knows ey

Strange nfc notification appeared, even I turn nfc off it still remained there until I reboot my phone, using mi 8 pro

fix the issue for Mi 10 with choose action.
Only camera is available, but need other apps as well between like file manager etc.

hello, anyone has a problem editing data access points? For me, the "application" stops responding and access to cellular networks disappears for a moment.

I skipped about 3 weekly version. When I saw the "improved system fluency" optimization in changelogs, I immediately started to download. The fix amount is insane: the whole system is much lag free, the deep sleep is fixed, fingerprint scanner almost 1,5x faster than before. I have about +2 hour SoT. And I downloaded the Alpha version of MIUI launcher and now almost lag free. Great work. I tried Global rom too, but that's trash compared to this. And finally the phone is fast, and icy cold. MIUI 12 is great now.

A MI 9 Lite user

hello, anyone has a problem editing data access points? For me, the "application" stops responding and access to cellular networks disappears for a moment.
Yes, it's reported in the Bugs section and reportedly will be fixed in this week's weekly

Reactions: J3drula
Hi All,

recently our company has migrated MFA to Microsoft INtune portal and now we must encrypt our phones to be able to use Outlook..
But fro some reason my MI8 with the latest rom can't be encrypted at all.
option:
Encrypt device using Lock screen password -- is graued out but enabled. if i try typing its directly in settings i can enable and set pin. or disable
but if i try to encrypt data:
just nothing happens.so it asks me to provide pin and then immediately returns to the same page with encrypt phone button.
My colleagues with Mi9 have the same problems with MIUI ROms..

also i tried googling but looks like it is the common BUG wich is still not fixed in all MIUI ROMs..

please correct me if i'm wrong
or provide me a solution how i can encrypt my phone..

I have not recive whatsapp notification....
Autostart on
Batterie saver on whatsapp off
And i have set the lock but nothing helped ....anyone an idea? Vowifi and volte doesnt work on german telekom...

after flashing rom to mi 9, device is stuck in bootloop (no miui logo showing)

go back to twrp, wipe dalvic cache again, flash same rom file again, device works again. strange, this has never happened before.

Thanks for your hard work. This release Is wonderful, i have only a Little problem on my Mi Note 10. If i took a screenshot with low backlight It would result more dark.
This Is with maximum backlight

This Is at minimum

Reactions: Pecas93
Hello. I have allready instal twrp, i have miui global stable. Can i download the EU rom here directly to the phone and instal?

Status
Not open for further replies.