[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

I've seen a bunch of recovery related updates in cm nightly changelog, what should I do to keep my recovery updated (or do I really have to?)

I got a poor internet connection so CM's built-in updater isn't really useful to me, had to use my download manager to get the zip from cm website and flash it manually, so if I enable the "Update CM recovery" in developer options, will recovery be updated when I manually flash the zip from recovery?

After some heavy tinkering with xposed - i couldn't boot into system 1.
No problem i thought, I have at least 3 cwm backups!

Sadly when i try to restore i get this:
"Backup files are missing:
system.ext4.tar.a
data.ext4.tar.b
data.ext4.tar.b

Attempting to restore any of these will fail.
Continue anway?"

If i hit yes, there is of course an error and it's not restored.

Eventually, i hit the bright idea to flash a weekly update to system 1 - that worked but it cleared all data so it's out of the box clean rom.
I can boot into system 2 fine, but it was only really my test boot, so would like my old system 1 back.

I have updated CWM - but not since the latest backup was made, and all 3 backups give the same error upon restore.

I think if i flash an older CWM it *may* work(but there's no old ones available on here anyway), certainly for my oldest backup - which is a start.

Can anyone give any advice **please**?

check if these files exist in /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery/*/
if not you don't really have good backups for some reason

I want to delete truedualboot (delete completely, not disable) on my mi2s 32Gb, can someone show me how to do that? please

I'm now on stock recovery. I had followed the tutorial: change the name of the file to "update.zip" and put on sdcard, go to stock recovery and chose "install update.zip to system one" and it said "done", but when i reboot and go back to recovery, it still stock recovey, not cwm.
Can someone help me please!

I'm now on stock recovery. I had followed the tutorial: change the name of the file to "update.zip" and put on sdcard, go to stock recovery and chose "install update.zip to system one" and it said "done", but when i reboot and go back to recovery, it still stock recovey, not cwm.
Can someone help me please!
Xiaomi tool will help u

Reactions: Quang Thiện
Is possible add a file manager to the CWM?
I think in case of emergency could be very useful

Thank you
If Aroma will be integrated in cwm would be perfect

OMG. Just place the friggin' ZIP after renaming in the correct path, i.e. /storage/sdcard0/clockworkmod/aroma/aromafm.zip

What's so hard? Why everything has to be 'integrated'? Enough people already here belonging to the quite lazy stereotype where they seem to be unable to install 3rd party solutions on their own... keyboards... firewalls... security solutions... call recorders.. .etc etc.

Do you want another bloated ROM (like MIUI already became, which made me switch to the quite efficient & lean CM11 despite MIUI/WIUI looking waaaay better due to excellent theming integration) or where all the baked shoved-in functionality for lazy users a) simply bursts our already small /system partitions and b) too often interferes with you workflow, if you want to use different apps for something?

Not everyone (wants to use(s) a filemanager in the recovery, so its better to make it OPTIONAL. OPTIONAL! Get it?

/rant
(Goddamn, this had to be said...)