[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

This updated is intended to fix CM updater, yes.
the reboot to recovery after installing recovery thing is just important if you're updating to this new version.
you don't need to do this once it's installed.
Thank you! So that means updating to the next nightly (I guess tomorrow?) *will* update CWM this time so it means I have to reboot into recovery.

no u have to manually update to the new cwm version. after u did it(including the reboot to recovery)
cwm update will work just fine.

Thank you m1cha!
I'm still on 6.0.4.7 which I'm not really sure about which specific version, what should I do?
Should I just flash the new version in my old cwm and reboot cmw once after update, or should I use fastboot to flash it?

no u have to manually update to the new cwm version. after u did it(including the reboot to recovery)
cwm update will work just fine.
Ah OK - then I will update manually. Many thanks for all your work and certainly your patience to answer all my stupid questions!!! B-) ;-)

Thank you m1cha!
I'm still on 6.0.4.7 which I'm not really sure about which specific version, what should I do?
Should I just flash the new version in my old cwm and reboot cmw once after update, or should I use fastboot to flash it?
don't use fastboot :)

Reactions: RadarNyan
Features:
  • install zip from sdcard or sideload into system1 or system2
  • mount and format system1 or system2
  • fix permissions on system1 or system2
  • set bootmode to system1 or system2
  • automatically checks for install-recovery.sh on both systems and asks you if you want to delete them
  • TrueDualBoot
TrueDualBoot notes:
Enabling or disabling TDB will completely wipe your data-partition. Once enabled your data partition will be VIRTUALLY split which means that both systems together can use the full space of the data-partition.
There are some things which will break TDB:
  • everything which removes CWM(like Xiaomi Updater App's live install)
  • ROM's which don't support mount_ext4.sh (I did not see any ROM without support yet)
Changelog:
Code:
2014-07-08:
- update to 6.0.5.0
- fix CWM's recovery updater

2014-05-10:
- update to 6.0.4.8
- enable swipe

2014-03-23:
- kernel change to allow "adb reboot dload"

2014-03-15:
- fix restoring backups with TDB enabled

2014-03-13-2:
- fix error when installing zip's
- unmount data when switching system

2014-03-13:
- update to CWM 6.0.4.7
- use opensource(4.4) kernel
- USB-OTG support
- use global choice for system
- prepare for merge into CM(for official CWM)

2013-11-15
- support 4.4 roms

2013-05-24:
- update to CWM 6.0.3.2

2013-04-13:
- fix flashing modem1

2013-04-06:
- update kernel to fix boot on MIUI since 3.4.5

2013-03-24:
- update to CWM 6.0.3.0
- block access to recovery partition from android
  look here for more information: [URL]https://github.com/M1cha/android_bootable_recovery/commit/333f6101e155ebe4e6eba577719fd13680e06c71[/URL]

2013-03-09:
- introduce TrueDualBoot feature
- backup/restore boot1 because it was missing in first release(CHECK YOUR OLD BACKUPS!!)
- show existing images in advanced restore menu only and provide system-selection
- merge upstream commits(from cyanogenmod)

2013-02-22:
first release
=========== IMPORTANT ===========

I removed all builds of CWM, Philz, etc prior 2014-07-08 because
this new version contains a important fix.

Also check the new point "4" in installation notes below.

if you want to make sure everything went well after you booted into your ROM,
open the file /system/bin/mount_ext4.sh and check if there is this line somewhere
at the bottom of the file:
NO_HIDE="$(getprop ro.keep.recovery.partition)"

================================

Download:
http://d-h.st/users/M1cha/?fld_id=11289#files

Sourcecode:
https://github.com/M1cha/android_bootable_recovery/tree/cm-10.1

Donate:
I do this just for fun but if you like my work it would be great if you want to spend me a beer :)

Installation:
  1. Download latest recovery-signed-***.zip
  2. if you are on stock recovery: Copy the file as “update.zip” in the root directory of your sdcard
  3. Reboot into recovery and install the zip file
  4. if you come from any other recovery or from CWM pre-2014-07-08, DIRECTLY reboot into recovery again before doing anything else so the dualboot(even without TDB) hook's will be updated.
Final notes:
Please be aware that your phone has only ONE data-partition. If you have TrueDualBoot disabled that means:
  • You can't install AOSP and MIUI on one phone
  • If you wipe your data, the settings in both systems will be deleted
Furthermore you shouldn't use the feature of MIUI-Updater app which lets you install during running system. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall CWM after every update.

don't use fastboot :)
Just flashed it in my old cwm and rebooted recovery (by the option in advanced menu)
Everything seems fine so far (including TDB), checked mount_ext4.sh and got the line you mentioned, thanks again :)

Today I tried to flash CWM but I have a problem with my mi2s. I press voldown + power I get an fastboot sign but that's stuck. When I press volup+power I only get an white MI logo in a bootloop until I release the one of the keys.
The only thing I ever did on my Mi2S is updating to Multi-lang. Does someone know a workaround?

Today I tried to flash CWM but I have a problem with my mi2s. I press voldown + power I get an fastboot sign but that's stuck. When I press volup+power I only get an white MI logo in a bootloop until I release the one of the keys.
The only thing I ever did on my Mi2S is updating to Multi-lang. Does someone know a workaround?
If you can't boot your phone, take off the back cover and battery and then re-put them on. Then press power and it should reboot. If not, press volup+power until White Mi logo appears. Then you should be in the recovery. If the boot loop persists, I think you have to use Miflash and reset your phone (or you can use fastboot command to see if you can enter recovery from fastboot - search on google how to run recovery from fastboot mode)

Once you've restored or you're just simply back to miui rom, download the CWM recovery (from here), rename the zip "update", go into recovery mod (power off the phone, then press volup+power until the white MI logo), choose install (or flash) update.zip and then power off the phone. Then press again volup+power to enter CWM recovery( that you've just flashed), choose sys1 and reboot system.

Then you can flash another rom with Cwm recovery or whatever

M1cha,

I have manually updated CWM recovery without any problem. Thx a lot!

It was my CWM update procedure:

1. download CWM 6.0.5.0 release and copy to the virtual SD
2. reboot to CWM recovery
3. install CWM 6.0.5.0 version to any system partition
4. reboot to CWM recovery
5. reboot to desired system

CWM auto update working perfectly from this point, if it is enabled in developer options.

Am I right? I wanna make sure I did it correctly. Pls give me feedback! Many thanks!

I chose to format my /storage/sdcard0 partition from CWM because there were files on there that i didn't need anymore. I also did a data/factory reset and cache wipe. After that i sideloaded M8 Cyanogenmod for aries and booted. Everything seemed fine at first, but after a while i realised that i couldn't write files to /storage/sdcard0. Not even with root permissions (tested with adb shell). I could however write files to /storage/sdcard0/clockworkmod.

A mount command with adb shell shows fuse mounted with rw. I think that perhaps the formatting with CWM went wrong. Does anybody have any ideas as to how i could restore write access to /storage/sdcard0 ? (tried reformatting with CWM already)

I chose to format my /storage/sdcard0 partition from CWM because there were files on there that i didn't need anymore. I also did a data/factory reset and cache wipe. After that i sideloaded M8 Cyanogenmod for aries and booted. Everything seemed fine at first, but after a while i realised that i couldn't write files to /storage/sdcard0. Not even with root permissions (tested with adb shell). I could however write files to /storage/sdcard0/clockworkmod.

A mount command with adb shell shows fuse mounted with rw. I think that perhaps the formatting with CWM went wrong. Does anybody have any ideas as to how i could restore write access to /storage/sdcard0 ? (tried reformatting with CWM already)

Another user had this problem , I don't remember how he/she fixed but give a look on cm11 thread :)

I had the same problem. You can find solution below:

1. Install fastboot version of MIUI ROM using MiFlash with the following Script: „All Wipe” (It is perfectly erase everything).
2. Install CWM recovery
3. Reboot to CWM recovery and enable TDB
4. Install CM11 to desired system partition
5. Install Linuxx Gapps
6. Make Full Wipe + Wipe Cache + Wipe dalvik
7. reboot to CM11
8. Enjoy your perfectly clear system

I did what erlkönig said. I had TDB enabled, so I simply flashed MIUI on the other system. After booting MIUI and then booting to Cyanogenmod the problem was fixed!

I did what erlkönig said. I had TDB enabled, so I simply flashed MIUI on the other system. After booting MIUI and then booting to Cyanogenmod the problem was fixed!
All roads lead to Rome! ...but my solution much better :)

Hey, I think it is @M1cha maintening our cwm? Could you m1cha come by the dev cm irc channel? Or linuxx.

I am porting f2fs support to kernels and our device. Nothing spetacular but performance gain is there. I did it for my nexus 10 my repo

However, it had been built with Omni's TWRP & I am facing some issue with the extra recovery folder(dualboot files handling that) from aries's device tree. Would be done quickly I guess! Thanks.

Reactions: Beyaz
@M1cha We have advanced restore is it possible to have advanced back-up?

I usually just use the back up function to back up the data partition I don't need system etc.

Reactions: Beyaz
If I flash cwm recovery from stock miui recovery, how could I reboot directly in recovery?
There isn't a "reboot in recovery" function in stock recovery

Sent from Xiaomi Mi-4g ( the "g" is for graveyard not for great )...with tapatalk 26°

If I flash cwm recovery from stock miui recovery, how could I reboot directly in recovery?
There isn't a "reboot in recovery" function in stock recovery

Sent from Xiaomi Mi-4g ( the "g" is for graveyard not for great )...with tapatalk 26°
Just hold volume up while reboot I guess...?

Reactions: xeGox
Hehe, why is the zip named blablabla20140718 ? Will it be able to install only after this date? :D