[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

use updater app it will work with it. that's how i did it.

just don't reboot to new system. after it installs power off and boot to recovery with button combo.

Found a small bug. On the screen that asks if i want to disable recovery flashing on system 1 or 2 the go back option seems to act as no instead of going back.

i don't know why you have both those links...just download the file from the first link rename to update.zip and flash with recovery. If you get an error in recovery flash the zip using updater app...

Reactions: zubairra
After install cwm recovery. turn off m2
enter cwm by press volume up and power button
select backup and restore>backup>
select which system you want to backup
system 1, system 2, or both as combine

to see backup file, turn on m2 go to file manager or RE sdcard/clockworkmod/backup

M1cha, this is the way for back to stock recovery?
When we backup according to above method..it backup the full ROM?

Thanks Grondinm.

Just to summarize
Install CWM(ROM Manager)
Backup up using the below method
After install cwm recovery. turn off m2
enter cwm by press volume up and power button
select backup and restore>backup>
select which system you want to backup
system 1, system 2, or both as combine

to see backup file, turn on m2 go to file manager or RE sdcard/clockworkmod/backup

ROM backup size will be 1 GB??
Save the Backup ROM to Computer any other device

Now download and install

1.Download latest recovery-signed-***.zip
http://d-h.st/users/M1cha/?fld_id=11289#files

2.Reboot into recovery and install the zip file

how do restore my old ROM if i had any issues?

Backup size more than 1Gb, maybe up to 2Gb.
so make sure there is space left.
Because cwm backup everything on your phone include installed app, contact, sms, and other stuff.
if you had any issue just restore backup file via CWM,
you will be back as you did at last backup.

How to restore using CWM :
1. Enter CWM
2. Select Backup and restore (its not touch recovery, use volume button to move and use power button to select)
3. Select Restore
4. Select Backup file. CWM will direct you to folder backup file, folder named by date as you did backup.
5. Reboot system

How to switch system boot :
1. Enter CWM
2. Select advances
3. Select active system:
4. Choose system 1 or system 2
5. Go back and Reboot system

This feature usefull if had any issue on one boot system.

Reactions: M1cha and zubairra
Hi m1cha, i don't know why but with clockworkmod every time i flash a rom i get a wrong update. Every time we get a problem like email app (obviusly i made a full wipe with cwm) or problem with radio doesen't upgrade. With mi flash and updater (later) all works great.

Thanks All ...Now i have taken the backup of ROM which of 1.58 GB.
only way to restore the ROM is using CMW?
we can convert .ZIP file and update using updater APP?

Hi m1cha, i don't know why but with clockworkmod every time i flash a rom i get a wrong update. Every time we get a problem like email app (obviusly i made a full wipe with cwm) or problem with radio doesen't upgrade. With mi flash and updater (later) all works great.
What dou you mean with "wrong update"?

Thanks All ...Now i have taken the backup of ROM which of 1.58 GB.
only way to restore the ROM is using CMW?
we can convert .ZIP file and update using updater APP?
yes CWM is the only way. Technically it's possible to convert backups to zip's but there is no tool for that, sorry.

What dou you mean with "wrong update"?

yes CWM is the only way. Technically it's possible to convert backups to zip's but there is no tool for that, sorry.
Example is in the rest of message. Radio isn't updated and email apps force close every time. Previous i think is simply problem of miuiandroid zip and i downloaded chinese version of zip and got the same problem. After that i use updater and miflash and problem i sgone i don't know why or what is the problem but in the fact the only time i don't use clockworkmod the problem is solved.

Radio should be updated but please note that this is shared for both systems. Also please note that first release of v5 has FC of EMail app which is normal(but fixed now).

BTW: New version with TrueDualboot support ;) See OP for more information

can we install aosp rom along with miui as dual boot? it says no in the final notes , if not why are we calling it true dual boot ?

Hi, at first i want to thank you for your great work.
But unfortunately i have a problem, and i hope you could help me.
When i got my new Mi2 a couple of days ago the first action was to install CWM. Everything works fine. I've installed the LennoxOS from Miuiaustralia on System1 without any Problems. Yesterday i've installed the "MIUI Multi Lang Beta Dev" from here: http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-multi-lang-3-3-8-v5-beta-dev-build.19789/ the installation works also without any Problems. (doesn't use Updater or something like that after installation)
But after installation i try to boot into CWM but instead of CWM the standard MIUI Recovery pops up.
Today i want to try the new WIUI V5 and for that i try to install CWM again with update.zip and standard-recovery (Mi Recovery 2.0.0) like before. But at 98% the installation stops with "Install update.zip failed - update.zip signature verification failed"
Any solution for this problem available?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Stefan

PS: Sorry for my bad english, like you easily see, its not my native language! Hope you understand what i try to explain!

PPS: I try to install update.zip with the updater-app in MUIU. Everything works fine now!

Now i have CMW on Miui V4..I want to install miui V5 and i will update with updater APP,So it will remove CMW..
i have taken a backup on CMW so on any issue in V5 i can restore V4 with CMW?

How does one use that true dual boot feature properly?

I would be interested in miui v5 plus aosp.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

1) take a full backup of your current system
2) enable TDB under advanced/ENABLE TrueDualBoot
3) Install your roms
4) Reboot - he will ask you to disable recovery-flash so answer with yes

You can switch system which you want to boot in advanced/active system in CWM.