[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

I have to wipe date, even now I boot normally at system 2?

Can I install WIUI in system 1 and then enable TDB? Will this work?

sry. I didn't read ur edit.
- create an nandroid backup
- enable TDB
- restore your backup

Can I ask how easy the reversion to non tdb is.
If I back up the system I want to keep, will the process destroy the other data that's not backed up, photos music etc?

Can I ask how easy the reversion to non tdb is.
If I back up the system I want to keep, will the process destroy the other data that's not backed up, photos music etc?
sdcard will not be formatted, just data

I make backups manuali via file manager by archiving all .apk files + settings folder from data partition to sd card.
Seems to be most reliable and later install can be done automatic and then copy settings back.

If someone nkows good software that is reliable and has option to filtrate soft out, please reccomand?

No, when you eneble tdb, it will wipe your data.

Odoslané z MI 2 cez Tapatalk 2
When you said wipe data, could you specifically explain what is deleted? phone setting? apps? or personal folder(music, videos, pictures)?

If I install CWM through MIUI recovery, it will install on the other partition or both partitions?
I have something in my mind, but I dont know if it is achievable.
I would like to remove all data in my phone, and only leave CWM and enable true dual boot.
Then install different roms in both partitions, each partition having its own apps.
Is this possible to do?

All internal data(except virtual sdcard) will be wiped.
about ur idea: That's exactly what TDB is about.

Seriously i saw the other other day a movie, the internship, where Vince Vaughn was trying to describe his all new idea which was actually instagram! LOL!

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

When you said wipe data, could you specifically explain what is deleted? phone setting? apps? or personal folder(music, videos, pictures)?

If I install CWM through MIUI recovery, it will install on the other partition or both partitions?
I would like to remove all data in my phone, and only leave CWM and enable true dual boot.
Then install different roms in both partitions, each partition having its own apps.
Is this possible to do?

I think personal folders like pics will not be wiped. Only internal storage will be wiped

If you install CWM everything you mentioned above, can be done

EDIT: Sorry page was not refreshed. Delete post

Is this possible to do?

1) It's the data partition related to your ROM, the settings apps etc. Personal in TDB not.
2)On both
3)It's possible, but recommend to enable TDB and after wipe install ROM's... Other answers has been in this thread

I think personal folders like pics will not be wiped. Only internal storage will be wiped

If you install CWM everything you mentioned above, can be done

EDIT: Sorry page was not refreshed. Delete post
1) It's the data partition related to your ROM, the settings apps etc. Personal in TDB not.
2)On both
3)It's possible, but recommend to enable TDB and after wipe install ROM's... Other answers has been in this thread
Thank you.

i made some backup nandroid using this clockworkmod, where the place file/folder been create?

bO5FKLc.jpg

but when i double check into file manager it appear like this
cLBnk5I.png

what is the problem?
i need to copy inside my computer as a backup.

Last edited:
All your personal folders are kept ie documents music pics etc. Enabling tdb formats system, so All apps and data are removed. I use built in backup of miui works perfect to restore apps. Keep in mind not to restore accounts it causes problems

Sent from my MI 2S

2)On both

It seems not to do what I want, or maybe I do not know how to use CWM properly.
I have enabled tdb.
I have wipe data, cache partition and dalvik cache.
I can still boot to the android system, and see many folders that I may not want. I wish to delete all folders related to the applications, only leaving CWM in the phone.

I expect when I install a new rom into the phone, all the files in the phone are belong to the new rom, not from previous rom installation and app installation. I want the phone to be clean of previous installation.
Is this achievable? Please guide me. Thanks.

I have enabled tdb.
I can still boot to the android system, and see many folders that I may not want. I wish to delete all folders related to the applications, only leaving CWM in the phone.

I expect when I install a new rom into the phone, all the files in the phone are belong to the new rom, not from previous rom installation and app installation. I want the phone to be clean of previous installation.
Format your sdcard when you flash the ROM... But i don't understand you....
What files do you mean???

Sent from my Mi2s

I have enabled tdb.

As you said you have enabled tdb. If you want clean install you should make the above actions but be careful which of 2 systems you choose.

If you want for example to make a clean install of a ROM in system 2 (with no data, even in sdcard, from previous installations), you should(in CWM)
1) go to mounts and storage -> format /sdcard
2) wipe data/factory reset at system 2
3) install zip in system 2
4) go to advanced -> active system and choose System 2
5) Reboot & enjoy