[2014-07-08] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0

I wanted to install the "new" recovery, so i can install 4.4 roms on my device. :) I didnt understand so much of this "aries toolkit" to be honest, coz when i try to download i can see lots of files, but non being called "aries toolkit" lol :p

Okay thanks. Im still on the old cwm, and trying to install the latest miui version. The recovery asking me if i want to root, when i choose "go back" or "no" the rom doesn't boot up, go into a bootloop. Whats the problem? I have always flashed the weekly build like this on system 1.

Okay thanks. Im still on the old cwm, and trying to install the latest miui version. The recovery asking me if i want to root, when i choose "go back" or "no" the rom doesn't boot up, go into a bootloop. Whats the problem? I have always flashed the weekly build like this on system 1.
Recovery, i think, or u're using a stable miui

Sent from my nexus 7

Mount USB not working, even in Ubuntu or Windows
(log attached)

Attachments

• IMG_20140113_225812.jpg
    IMG_20140113_225812.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Hi, I have two Android devices aside my MI2S 16Gb, Huawei U8800 and Nexus 7 '13, both with custom wirmware, so I'm not new to Android, but I didn't really use dual boot on the MI2S at all since I've bought it 4 months ago. Yesterday I've flashed CWM (of course the one from M1cha) with Aries Toolkit, but I must note I forgot to put partition.sh to the right directory. CWM opened up alright, but when I tried installing CM10.2 (once again, the one from M1cha), it froze. I haven't really read much about this very CWM for this very phone, so I didn't understand what was going on. Here's the log:

After that, I tried using Udater app. It didn't work. I tried factory resetting it, then saw the logs and tried to format /data and /data1 manually hoping it would somehow fix Dual Boot. Both times just froze.

Then I tried wiping again and installing CM10 again. Again it froze.

Now I can only go to the recovery, and whenever I turn my phone off, it turns on again, so I have to remove the battery.

Please help, I don't understand what I should do now.

Edit: OK, I think usig MIFlash may help, but what was anything in particular done wrong?

Please, tell me what is wrong. After a month I tried again. I've flashed the latest developers edition of MIUI. Flashed CWM through fastboot (extracted only recovery.img from the file, entered fastboot on my MI2S, connected it to my PC, opened command line, typed "flash recovery C:/…/recovery.img". It works but freezes when i try to enable true dual boot. The log shows the same thing. What is wrong? I tried all the advice I was given.

Do I need to fix permissions anywhere or enable something lse for this feature to work?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh! I tried fixing permissions, it worked, then I tried enabling TDB, and it worked too! CM11 flashed, yay, goodbye chinese apps and all that nonsense!

Thank you for your help. Gonna donate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: M1cha
Bug(?) Report:
"+++++Go Back+++++" doesn't work on submenu of "reboot system now"
The submenu would show up like "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?"
or "Root access possibly lost. Fix?" (Acturally this is quiet annoying. If you flashed SuperSU you will see them both)
Neither the "+++++Go Back+++++" option nor Back key on my phone would work on this screen, they just both behave like I selected "No."
Acturally it's quiet convenient to use Back key on device to answer "No." for these two questions (Power button would also do that since the default option is a "No." so you don't have to keep Back key behavior), but selecting the "+++++Go Back+++++" option still acts like answering "No." just makes no sense.

I know this (accidentally choose reboot system now and try to go back) does not happen very often, but could you fix this with your next update release? It would be nice if the "Go Back" option acturally takes me back to the main menu of Recovery, so I can cancel accidentally selecting "reboot system now" (well, more like after selecting "reboot system now" then recall something I forgot to do...)

Last edited:
Hi M1cha, great works!

i have a question.
my phone is MI2s, now using WIUI ROM. i want to use true dualboot with mokee 44.2 OS. is that possible?
another thing, i also waiting for MIUI V6. my question is, once i enable true dualboot, how to revert back using single boot? i mean, there are 2 partition right? how come the system know which to reboot if i disable the true dual boot?

thanks for response! :)

There are 2 system partitions no matter if TDB is active or not. CWM can be used to set which system partition is the active one.
Enabling TDB allows to separate also the data partitions, which is useful for using two different ROMS which would be impractical with a shared data partition.
In other words: to get back to the original partitioning scheme, just disable TDB.

Sent from TapaPlaudern on Mi2S 32 GB

There are 2 system partitions no matter if TDB is active or not. CWM can be used to set which system partition is the active one.
Enabling TDB allows to separate also the data partitions, which is useful for using two different ROMS which would be impractical with a shared data partition.
In other words: to get back to the original partitioning scheme, just disable TDB.
thanks for the explanation, now i understand. however, when i try to enable TDB, it is said that it will full wipe data. does that mean my installed and my other setting will gone? now i am using WIUI on system 2, and i have a plan to dualboot with other ROM on system 1.
thanks

thanks for the explanation, now i understand. however, when i try to enable TDB, it is said that it will full wipe data. does that mean my installed and my other setting will gone? now i am using WIUI on system 2, and i have a plan to dualboot with other ROM on system 1.
thanks
Exactly as you wrote, the user installed apps and all settings will be gone. The files on sdcard should survive the process, though you never know...

If you want to retain your current Wiui as is, use CWM to backup the system 2, reboot and backup your sdcard to your PC (just for the case), reboot to recovery, enable TDB, restore the previously backed up system to either system 1 or 2 (it does not matter) and set that one as active.

Before reboot, CWM should ask if you want to disable Wiui's recovery to be flashed over M1cha's CWM. You definitely want to disable this...

Reactions: lekzzz
Exactly as you wrote, the user installed apps and all settings will be gone. The files on sdcard should survive the process, though you never know...

If you want to retain your current Wiui as is, use CWM to backup the system 2, reboot and backup your sdcard to your PC (just for the case), reboot to recovery, enable TDB, restore the previously backed up system to either system 1 or 2 (it does not matter) and set that one as active.

Before reboot, CWM should ask if you want to disable Wiui's recovery to be flashed over M1cha's CWM. You definitely want to disable this...

very clear instructions, thanks!

I've been reading a lot of posts trying to find the safest way to update the CWM to the latest version... miflash it's a little risk and aries toolkit doesnt work.. please can someone help me?

I've been reading a lot of posts trying to find the safest way to update the CWM to the latest version... miflash it's a little risk and aries toolkit doesnt work.. please can someone help me?
Why ariestoolkit isn't working? Did u follow the tutorial on github?

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

1st of all the app wasnt installing on wiui... on aosp it works...
in the windows program,, i got a file missing error in the installation and driver error after that... redownloaded all , reinstalled.. 2-3 times and always the same errors...
just quit.. seems a little unstable for me...

I have the same problem.
I flashed the CWM update.zip and now whenever I try to go into recovery it hangs on loading screen.
I cannot get ariestoolkit to work either, I have followed the instructions multiple times.
The app does not seem to do anything and when I go to click update drivers and search in C:\ariesTool it does not find anything.

I am running MIUI 4.2.14 on mi2s.

If you can't boot to recovery, try using fastboot
  1. Install MiFlash (You need the fastboot adb driver)
  2. Install any fastboot tool
  3. Extract M1cha recovery.img file
  4. Boot your phone to fastboot mode [Vol -] + [Power] key
  5. Run
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    to check the driver is working, if working you will see something like "54468916 fastboot"
  6. Run the following in console (replace recovery.img to your path of recovery.img)
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Last edited: