MIUI 12.5 21.1.13/14

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MI 10 (UMI)
I wanted to put back the 21.1.6 release, because I don't like this 21.1.13. I copied it to a flash drive and then installed it in the present TWRP, but then only TWRP starts.

Please make the next release include support for all apps in Dark Mode when it comes to individual settings as I still have many apps showing invisible text. I'm sure it can be done as the first version of MIUI 12 had support for all the apps under this setting.

Reactions: Poney70
MI 10 (UMI)
I wanted to put back the 21.1.6 release, because I don't like this 21.1.13. I copied it to a flash drive and then installed it in the present TWRP, but then only TWRP starts.

Format data or flash the boot.img from rom 21.1.13

Reactions: Poney70
@Iain_B, it might not be the place where I read about those battery issues related to a recent rom update, but this thread in xda seems to be a bit elightening:

Reactions: Iain_B
Battery drain on cell standby. Is this okay?
Device:K20 Pro, Miui 12.5 beta 21.1.14
I've kept both my sims on 2g network for better reception And I don't use mobile data connection, only wifi.

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_033451.png
    IMG_20210121_033451.png
    362.4 KB · Views: 367
Bug Report:

Mi 9T Pro does not boot at all with this version or previous version. The last working version is 20.12.28.

Already wiped everything. Didn't work.

One strange thing: On boot, I saw a 'Redmi' logo instead of the usually 'Mi' logo. It is stuck in a bootloop until that logo.

EDIT: Just installed latest TWRP, and it is booting now. Fingers crossed
EDIT2: Got a initial setup crash. Removed both simcards to pass it.

Last edited:
Installed on my Lavender.
Just found out 2 minor issues.
1. Rebooting taking too long (almost 10 minutes) for restart device for the first time. But it's normal when restart in 2 times (and more) after.
2. Screenshot from Quick Ball sometimes not working, need to tap 2/3 times.

But the rest went flawlessly.
Thank you

WARNING FOR Mi 9 SE: After Android 11 update reboot to recovery causes reboot to Fastboot mode - TWRP disappears after update. To do update, boot your TWRP from fastboot mode, flash ROM and reboot to system.

Hey mates, is there any chance to get rid of this problem with grus in future updates? or will this procedure (booting into trwp only from fastboot mode) persist as long as i´m going to use android11 updates on my MI9SE ?

And.. just to get this right:

I´m still on latest android10 xiaomi.eu, only AFTER the update to android11, when i´m trying to reboot to recovery (for updating, installing magisk and so on) it will cause reboot to fastboot mode and i have to enter/boot twrp with fastboot to update/install? everything else is working like i´m used to with my android10 xiaomi.eu FW?

Thanks a lot for your effort in developing and patience !

Mi 9T. Battery is a bit worse with this update. But expected with beta releases. Looking forward to the next one to test.

Reactions: leobahlis
Good ROM!

But there is a few bugs I met:
1) UI navigation with geastures does not work.
Screenshot_2021-01-20-22-49-11-211_com.android.settings.jpg

2) Does not turn on Voice Match recognition with "Ok, Google" phrase. It turns off the toggle.
Screenshot_2021-01-21-16-15-08-722_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

3) Screen recording does not work. It indicates that the microphone is already busy - recording is not possible.
Screenshot_2021-01-21-16-05-17-841_com.android.settings.jpgScreenshot_2021-01-21-16-05-22-408_com.android.settings.jpg

Xiaomi Mi9T Pro

Last edited:
Good ROM!

But there is a few bugs I met:

1) UI navigation with geastures does not work.

2) Does not turn on Voice Match recognition with "Ok, Google" phrase. It turns off the toggle.

3) Screen recording does not work. It indicates that the microphone is already busy - recording is not possible.

Xiaomi Mi9T Pro
1) UI navigation with geastures does not work if you set a third-party launcher as default launcher => Set "MIUI Launcher" as default launcher until Xiaomi fix this nonsense on their Android 11 ROMs. ;)

2) Should work in the next Weekly ROM update by xiaomi.eu (today or tomorrow). :)

3) Maybe permission issue? I can't help for this one.

Hey mates, is there any chance to get rid of this problem with grus in future updates? or will this procedure (booting into trwp only from fastboot mode) persist as long as i´m going to use android11 updates on my MI9SE ?

And.. just to get this right:

I´m still on latest android10 xiaomi.eu, only AFTER the update to android11, when i´m trying to reboot to recovery (for updating, installing magisk and so on) it will cause reboot to fastboot mode and i have to enter/boot twrp with fastboot to update/install? everything else is working like i´m used to with my android10 xiaomi.eu FW?

Thanks a lot for your effort in developing and patience !
Those of us who are using the Mi 10 (umi) have been dealing with a similar problem. It was sort of resolved with an earlier version of TWRP being included with the ROM. This version could not decrypt. If we want to decrypt, we have to boot from Fastboot with yet another version.
This now is a known issue with decryption and TWRP.

I bought my phone on Dec 2020 and unlocked my bootloader on January because of the absurd waiting time. My device is Mi 10t Lite 5g, all works on EEA rom specifically the proximity sensor, after unlocking bootloader, proximity still works. After flashing the latest EU weekly on my device, everything works except for a few freeze on control center when Android R easter eggs is enabled. But i disabled it and it works. The only bummer in this ROM is I can't apply Video Wallpaper with sounds which i can on EEA Stable Rom. But the biggest bummer is the Proximity Sensor is not working, every other sensor works except the latter. I hope someone look into it.
I don't know if I need to provide a log file, and if i do, i don't know how, i hope someone is nice enough to teach me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-21-12-30-37-263_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-21-12-30-37-263_com.android.settings.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Screenshot_2021-01-21-12-30-52-156_com.miui.cit.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-21-12-30-52-156_com.miui.cit.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 276
For my mi10, the procimity sensor works a bit weird. I ~still don't know where it's located. Covering the upper part of the display some times activates the sensor other times not.. This has been happening ~since I got it (late December). I think there are some other people being unable to find the proximity sensor. Any help here?
@Mi10TLite maybe you have the same problem

For my mi10, the procimity sensor works a bit weird. I ~still don't know where it's located. Covering the upper part of the display some times activates the sensor other times not.. This has been happening ~since I got it (late December). I think there are some other people being unable to find the proximity sensor. Any help here?
@Mi10TLite maybe you have the same problem

I've tried covering the upper part of my phone and it doesn't work on mine. Only after I installed The weekly version of gauguin made my proximity sensor not working. But yeah.

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Hello guys, I have been wanting to buy MI 10 LITE 5G but it seem not to be available anywhere. I have just heard a rumour that it has been discontinued.IS IT TRUE?

Status
Not open for further replies.