MIUI 12.5 21.1.27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MI9 - I have the same problem with my backup this week! The log points to a folder in the data partition. If I delete or rename it, the error continues to occur. I gave up looking for a way to fix it yesterday and thought of doing a format Data to try and fix it. I had already solved this in the past with another device and only because I had not found any other way! I hope there is another way, but I have not found a viable solution on the internet. I have also never used Dual APPs and did a clean install 3 weeks ago! The log is in the tmp folder and you can copy it to the PC under TWRP and read it. It's better to delete it beforehand and only view it after the error message - otherwise it's too big to edit! But it didn't help me either!
Are you therefore getting the same, or similar, error message as I reported?

New installation in RN8 almost all looks ok but I can't install any new theme, it just installs but never applies the new theme (like control center) but fonts applies well. Also in control center some icons (like bt and alarm) turns black while wifi and signal stills white (as it should be)

Someone else has this problem?

@Igor Eisberg
But this rom use Odex packages or Deodex packages?
If rom now have deodex, can you change to odex, so the rom is more optimized and smoother?
Thanks.

Thank you for this Mi 10 Pro ROM, devs!
Everything I use on my device is working great.
I can't get over the Mi 10 Pro...
At the moment I use the Mate 40 Pro as daily driver, but I really struggle to get use to EMUI again.
There are functions missing, which I love in MIUI...

But back to topic ;)
Just wanted to thank you, devs!

I:addFile '/data/extm' including root: 1
==> set selinux context: u:eek:bject_r:extm_data_file:s0
failed to lookup tar policy for '/data/extm' - '200588523a8c7d77'
I:Error adding file '/data/extm' to '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/103cd7fe/2021-01-31--20-29-02/data.f2fs.win007'
Error creating backup.
I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
Error creating backup.
I:InfoManager saving '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/103cd7fe/2021-01-31--20-29-02/data.info'
createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255
Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.

There's over 32 Gb memory available.
I know this problem! Had this with miui11, after activating "second space". I think /data/extm is somehow "double encrypted" and therefore unreadable for TAR.

Solution was to delete the /data/extm folder with TWRP file manager (or terminal) each time BEFORE doing the backup. After that the backup process always ran through. The folder is created newly at boot anyways.

I know this problem! Had this with miui11, after activating "second space". I think /data/extm is somehow "double encrypted" and therefore unreadable for TAR.

Solution was to delete the /data/extm folder with TWRP file manager (or terminal) each time BEFORE doing the backup. After that the backup process always ran through. The folder is created newly at boot anyways.
Fantastic - problem solved (for the moment, anyway). Many thanks :)
What has happened to start this problem? Is it the ROM, or any app updates?
How can it be rectified for the future?

Reactions: Allessa
I've to admit - noooo idea! As I said it came up with activating second space. But it even after deactivation of second space the folder always was created again with one file after reboot. Had to live with it since march last year and it finally disappeared after the upgrade to Android 11.
I only met once someone with the same problem, I think at xda or maybe here at the gingko section.
I never did a factory reset so maybe that would have helped also...

I do not see any logs..
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[DexPathList[[zip file "/system/priv-app/MiuiGallery/MiuiGallery.apk", zip file "/system/priv-app/RtMiCloudSDK/RtMiCloudSDK.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/system/priv-app/MiuiGallery/lib/arm64, /system/priv-app/MiuiGallery/MiuiGallery.apk!/lib/arm64-v8a, /system/lib64, /system/product/lib64, /system/priv-app/RtMiCloudSDK/RtMiCloudSDK.apk!/lib/arm64-v8a, /system/lib64, /system/product/lib64]]] couldn't find "libscreen_scene_tag.so"
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:1067)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:1007)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1667)
at com.xiaomi.sdk.screenClassify.<clinit>(Unknown Source:3)
at com.miui.gallery.util.photoview.ScreenSceneAlgorithmManager.initScreenClassify(Unknown Source:11)
at com.miui.gallery.util.photoview.ScreenSceneAlgorithmManager.initAlgorithm(Unknown Source:69)
at com.miui.gallery.util.photoview.ScreenSceneAlgorithmManager.initAlgorithm(Unknown Source:91)
at com.miui.gallery.util.photoview.ScreenSceneAlgorithmManager$4.handleMessage(Unknown Source:78)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:12)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)

This happens everytime scrolling to the next image on gallery
Im using redmi note 7

I've to admit - noooo idea! As I said it came up with activating second space. But it even after deactivation of second space the folder always was created again with one file after reboot. Had to live with it since march last year and it finally disappeared after the upgrade to Android 11.
I only met once someone with the same problem, I think at xda or maybe here at the gingko section.
I never did a factory reset so maybe that would have helped also...
A Factory reset crossed my mind, but I didn't have a decent backup if it didn't work.
That's good news it's sorted anyway.
Let's hope that someone is able to source the problem, and then able to put preventative measures in.
I was also having PMs with @geoorg who was also on his way to sorting it with that folder.
Thanks again!!

Reactions: mankokoma
@Igor Eisberg
But this rom use Odex packages or Deodex packages?
If rom now have deodex, can you change to odex, so the rom is more optimized and smoother?
Thanks.
Huh? No. It stays deodexed. You don't know what you're talking about. All of the APKs/JARs are odexed by the system on first boot and when you clear dalvik-cache, that's why such boot takes longer than normal boot.

Reactions: JiaiJ
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[DexPathList[[zip file "/system/priv-app/MiuiGallery/MiuiGallery.apk", zip file "/system/priv-app/RtMiCloudSDK/RtMiCloudSDK.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/system/priv-app/MiuiGallery/lib/arm64, /system/priv-app/MiuiGallery/MiuiGallery.apk!/lib/arm64-v8a, /system/lib64, /system/product/lib64, /system/priv-app/RtMiCloudSDK/RtMiCloudSDK.apk!/lib/arm64-v8a, /system/lib64, /system/product/lib64]]] couldn't find "libscreen_scene_tag.so"
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:1067)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:1007)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1667)
at com.xiaomi.sdk.screenClassify.<clinit>(Unknown Source:3)
at com.miui.gallery.util.photoview.ScreenSceneAlgorithmManager.initScreenClassify(Unknown Source:11)
at com.miui.gallery.util.photoview.ScreenSceneAlgorithmManager.initAlgorithm(Unknown Source:69)
at com.miui.gallery.util.photoview.ScreenSceneAlgorithmManager.initAlgorithm(Unknown Source:91)
at com.miui.gallery.util.photoview.ScreenSceneAlgorithmManager$4.handleMessage(Unknown Source:78)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:12)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)

This happens everytime scrolling to the next image on gallery
Im using redmi note 7
Maybe read the Known Issues in the Bugs subforum before posting?

Reactions: dexterv
Depends on TWRP which do you use.. If it supports flashing vbmeta partition or not..
I did flash the TWRP and vbmeta that you mentioned in the fix, once. So it should be able to use the "Choose update package" inside Updater, I guess.

My phone did not produced sound. I had this morning an alarm and the phone just vibrated. Tried to play song also no volume,only restart help. Someone had the same issue with the latest rom? I'm on poco f2 pro/redmi k30 pro

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Would you guys report that the ultra power save mode consumes much more battery than the normal mode.

I don't know how to report. Thanks.

Would you guys report that the ultra power save mode consumes much more battery than the normal mode.

I don't know how to report. Thanks.
Posted yesterday, which might be relevant to you:
"Mi 10 (umi) I've just noticed that under Settings / Battery / Battery, it says, "Fully charge and discharge your device 3-5 times to improve the accuracy of the battery health stats". Perhaps this will reduce the number of people rushing in to complain about their battery each week."

Reactions: biscoot
Hi,
This is if you are doing an update...if you are installing for the first time you need to follow the forum instrutions and then do this.
The only way is by the adb fastboot.
So if you have a lockscreen pin you need to change to a pattern, is the only way to the twrp decryp and don't lose the face id and fingerprint.
I use the pattern L, start from the right down corner to the left top corner, because the twrp 3.4.0 LR.team has some touch problems.
If you don't want to do that, just remove the lockscreen methods.
After that done, you must turn off the device, and enter in fastboot mode (volume down + power, when mi logo appears just keep volume down until fastboot screen shows).
Then you go to the computer connect the phone to the computer and open adb.exe, type fastboot devices (to show that the phone is connected) and then type fastboot boot (space and you can drag the twrp file to this window and press enter) the phone will boot after sometime, just wait, then you can copy the zip file to the root of the phone, if you didn' yet. You can unplug the phone and install the zip file.
Hope this helps, enjoy.
To which TWRP are you referring? Can I have a link please? The TWRP I have now at my Mi 10, cannot install from the mobile the ROM, so I'm searching for the one that is told that doesn't have this problem, to install it. Thank you

Are you therefore getting the same, or similar, error message as I reported?

I encountered the same error with the folder "extm"! I deleted it several times, but during the backup it was again the cause of the error. In the meantime I changed my TWRP from twrp-3.4.0-0-cepheus-mauronofrio to twrp-3.4.0-10-cepheus-mauronofrio and tried again today and this time the folder was deleted and the backup worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.