MIUI 12.5 21.1.27/28

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Mi 11 display colors are different from the chinese version. In certain conditions, they are washed out :(

@thegios
Have you tried fiddling around with the app's permissions? Just grant access without asking.

1 - Settings > Privacy > Privacy > Notifications about deleted pictures is off
2 - Settings > Privacy > Protection > Network > Protect gallery and sociala pps > Access to gallery: all apps are enabled

Maybe 1- does not have any effect?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but apps crash off Magisk needs to be reinstalled whatsapp resets so I need to load backups. Flash the stable rom on it again. MI10T LITE

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

Were the other fixes pushed with the re-uploaded version?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Which other fixes? Is the RN7 version woth it against the stable 12.3? Now doubting to stay with stable or go weekly..

Ps: often blocks in black mode..
Greetings

Which other fixes? Is the RN7 version woth it against the stable 12.3? Now doubting to stay with stable or go weekly..

Ps: often blocks in black mode..
Greetings
These fixed :

[x] Downloads: Download complete/incomplete notification will reappear once again after being dismissed.
[x] Gallery: App crashes when swiping through photos. [Redmi Note 7 only]
[x] Gallery: App crashes when trying to use "Video effects" in "Recommendations" tab. [Redmi Note 7 only]
[x] System: Changing the text size to XXS/XL/XXL crashes the system. [Redmi Note 7 only]

And personally i prefer the beta version

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 latest Eu beta

Reactions: ddj123
Hello everyone.
Why when I install a version and a new update comes out, the mobile restarts in recovery mode twrp but if I try to find the .zip file with the new version it does not recognize the internal memory and it does not let me restart ?. the only way I can always find is doing a blank install with the new version.

Hello i have a question, i have a photo in my gallery and its .bin format, and i cant uninstall it. i uninstalled the file from file manager, cleared cache of gallery app and it dissapears for some time but it comes back. I cant move it to any folders or favourites. And it does not appear in google photos. How do i get rid of it?

Hello everyone.
Why when I install a version and a new update comes out, the mobile restarts in recovery mode twrp but if I try to find the .zip file with the new version it does not recognize the internal memory and it does not let me restart ?. the only way I can always find is doing a blank install with the new version.
Internal storage is decrypted is my guess, you will have to do format data. And keep in mind, before going to twrp, make sure to change PIN to PATTERN because its the only way twrp can deccrypt internal storage.

Owners of UMI (Mi 10), which version of TWRP are you using? Found this one here -> twrp-3.4.0-11.0-umi-littleturtle2333.img , with upload date 16/01/2021 ( https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145716674 ) .Does this has problem installing the ROM form the mobile or still needs an external source? Need a TWRP to install latest ROM here from my mobile, not from a USB stick as I did with previous version. Thank you

Owners of UMI (Mi 10), which version of TWRP are you using? Found this one here -> twrp-3.4.0-11.0-umi-littleturtle2333.img , with upload date 16/01/2021 ( https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145716674 ) .Does this has problem installing the ROM form the mobile or still needs an external source? Need a TWRP to install latest ROM here from my mobile, not from a USB stick as I did with previous version. Thank you
Check the 3rd and 4th content of this thread:
(I installed the latest rom from the latest twrp from internal storage.)

Reactions: ekonstadoudakis
Hi there,
First of all, thank you for all the hard work creating this roms!
I have a question regarding the weekly roms. I am currently on the stable version (redmi k20) and im wondering if i should update to the weekly.
I would like to ask if and when the weekly rom of the miui 12.5 ends, to start a new weekly, lets say miui 13, will i have to perform a manual update to that version? Or will i always receive the update OTA regardless of miui version?
I know that in global we always get updates, but i dont know if in the weekly updates there comes a time in which we have to perform a manual update through TWRP losing all data...
I dont know if this makes sense..
Also, would you recomend using weekly on a daily basis device?
If someone could help i would apreciate!
Thanks again and stay safe!

Last edited:
My wired headset does not work with 3.5 mm Jack converter, so you guys too. (Mi11 21.1.28 )

Huh? No. It stays deodexed. You don't know what you're talking about. All of the APKs/JARs are odexed by the system on first boot and when you clear dalvik-cache, that's why such boot takes longer than normal boot.
Each .apk has a corresponding .odex. When the application is used by either the system or the user, the .odex is used to start loading the app. A ROM that is deodexed has only the .apk file. When the application is called into memory from only pulling the data from it’s .apk, this takes longer due to not being optimized for easier retrieval from the system.
Im saying to move .odex next to .apk to have a odex rom.

Last edited:
So, from what I read, better to wait till a normal TWRP comes out that works ok or have a USB stick to install. The question is not to need a pc to install the ROM through fastboot or other device. Thank you for your help.

So, from what I read, better to wait till a normal TWRP comes out that works ok or have a USB stick to install. The question is not to need a pc to install the ROM through fastboot or other device. Thank you for your help.
Ah, I think a pc is needed for at least one step in the process. (Btw if you have a pc and a usb cable you'll probably be able to tranfer the rom.zip in the internal storage and flash it with the twrp, which again needs a pc to boot into.)
Also, haha, it may take some time till a fully operational/compatible twrp gets released for mi 10...

Ah, I think a pc is needed for at least one step in the process. (Btw if you have a pc and a usb cable you'll probably be able to tranfer the rom.zip in the internal storage and flash it with the twrp, which again needs a pc to boot into.)
Also, haha, it may take some time till a fully operational/compatible twrp gets released for mi 10...
I ordered a USB stick that is 3 to 1, you can connect it to Type C, Type A and USB slot, that I saw at a Greek site. So will have to use only this once a week and that's it. The best solution for lazy actions....! ;)

Each .apk has a corresponding .odex. When the application is used by either the system or the user, the .odex is used to start loading the app. A ROM that is deodexed has only the .apk file. When the application is called into memory from only pulling the data from it’s .apk, this takes longer due to not being optimized for easier retrieval from the system.
Im saying to move .odex next to .apk to have a odex rom.
The hell are you talking about. First boot takes longer but other than that, it's the same. Instead of loading the bytecode from system partition (like in odex ROMs), it loads from /data/dalvik-cache. That's what the dalvik-cache dir is for... Please, don't try to teach us to do our job, we have years of knowledge.

@Igor Eisberg or @ingbrzy
I have de Mi 10
I went from the stable version to the beta and now I have a small problem.
In the stable version it was possible to define several DND, in the beta we can only define one.
As I restored the backup I had in the stable, now the phone enters the other DND modes it had but I cannot edit or delete them.
Any solution?
Or is necessary factory restore and set up as new?

Last edited:
Reactions: davosky
Hello everyone.
We need to know what mobile you are using, and also what version of TWRP?

Reactions: davosky and Poney70
Status
Not open for further replies.