Resolved [21.1.6 / 21.1.13 and also Stable Build] Redmi note 7 Gallery app battery issue and data usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

agritux

Members
Oct 13, 2017
Although mi cloud sync is disabled, gallery app eats battery very much.
This two screenshots taken from 2 different redmi note 7.

Attachments

• IMG_20210112_035436_884.jpg
    IMG_20210112_035436_884.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20210112_035436_884.jpg
    IMG_20210112_035436_884.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 246
Same here gallery is consuming high battery on Redmi Note 7 on 21.1.6

4772b43014dfda6509e58dc5cb093814.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Although mi cloud sync is disabled, gallery app eats battery very much.
This two screenshots taken from 2 different redmi note 7.

A newer version of gallery was released V2.2.17.19 with the changelog:

1. Fixed known bugs;
2. Improved app stability

Maybe that will fix the issue in the next rom release.

I wish Xiaomi.eu Devs could implement there own system app updater to push out these updates to system apps so that we don't have to wait for next weekly rom for the fixes

There are many situation in which it could be so useful

Just like previously when users were facing the bugs with control center gestures in launcher it could have been so useful if system app updater could have updated the system launcher to fix the issue.

Also experiencing large data traffic from the gallery app. For the past 3 days the app has been using over 1gb bandwidth in the background

I dont take photos or backup gallery to Xiaomi cloud

This might be reason of battery drain.
021c4560b11901623fa4ccffb26e9987.jpg

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk

I disabled all of mi cloud sync at first install. Why gallery app need large data traffic? @Igor Eisberg xiaomi collecting what?
I'm not Xiaomi's spokesman/representative, you should ask them directly instead...
Gallery loads some of its features from online, might be the reason, I don't know.

I'm not Xiaomi's spokesman/representative, you should ask them directly instead...
Gallery loads some of its features from online, might be the reason, I don't know.

Yes I know. I asked because maybe you know this. Because you are develoepr. I did not asked like "what are you collecting from us"

Anyway, i am on last eu. I can disable gallery app's mobile data but can not find disabling wifi. Any way to do it?

Thanks.

Yes I know. I asked because maybe you know this. Because you are develoepr. I did not asked like "what are you collecting from us"

Anyway, i am on last eu. I can disable gallery app's mobile data but can not find disabling wifi. Any way to do it?

Thanks.
If the option to disable Wi-Fi isn't there, the no.

Thank you but Not worked. Gallery app downloaded/uploaded 400 MB data last 6 hours.
You are using rn7 right? You have this issue?
Yup not only I have this issue but a lot of other people have the same issue you who are redmi note 7 users and I think this issue is redmi note 7 specific because no other device is facing this issue I have asked a lot of of people who are on the latest beta but none of them are facing such high usage as redmi note 7 users.
2d89707a32297fbcc70d941581618f58.jpg

Yup not only I have this issue but a lot of other people have the same issue you who are redmi note 7 users and I think this issue is redmi note 7 specific because no other device is facing this issue I have asked a lot of of people who are on the latest beta but none of them are facing such high usage as redmi note 7 users.
2d89707a32297fbcc70d941581618f58.jpg

This screenshot that I have attached in the message above was taken when I disabled these MI lab options now I checked again the data usage and it was 8.02 GB now I don't understand what it is doing as I don't have any photos in MI cloud I do not sync MI cloud gallery because the space is only 5 GB and Google photos doesn't cost any photo storage for now

Maybe Sir @Orjon will be able to confirm this issue?
744e365c60321f9363c3166dd2aeca3e.jpg

i fixed this issue by downgrading to an older gallery app version (2.2.17.17).

i can upload the apk if you want me to .
ps : you need to be rooted.

Reactions: Poney70
Well, even if 2.2.17.17 solves this issue, it still doesn't explain that massive traffic from Gallery. Too much Xiaomi's changes to check it out.

Well, even if 2.2.17.17 solves this issue, it still doesn't explain that massive traffic from Gallery. Too much Xiaomi's changes to check it out.
This might be something to explain the massive wifi traffic ig but I am not really good at reading logs but I can find some things but not good at explaining them.

What Is an .SO File?

A file with the .SO file extension is a Shared Library file. They contain information that can be used by one or more programs to offload resources so that the application(s) calling the SO file doesn't have to actually provide the file.

For example, one SO file might contain information and functions on how to quickly search through the whole computer. Several programs can then call upon that file to use that feature in their own respective programs.

However, instead of having to compile it in the program's own binary code, the SO file serves as an extension that the program just has to call on in order to use its utilities. The SO file can even be updated/replaced later without those programs having to make any changes to their own code.

Shared Library files are similar to Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files used in Windows and Mach-O Dynamic Library (DYLIB) files on macOS, except that SO files are found on Linux-based systems and the Android OS.

d420abf0ed4156623fabf8352216847b.jpg

Gallery Logcat : View attachment gallery_logcat.txt

Last edited:
Now all of you can chill MIUI is not uploading your data to Chinese servers if that was what all of you were worried about.

In order to summarise things it is downloading some library files which are called libmatting.so and I have described what is the purpose of this file above.

Status
Not open for further replies.