MIUI 12.5 21.1.6/7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone out there please help me.... I have mi 10 Ultra. I am currently on 20.12.10. it's MIUI 12.3. please tell me the steps to upgrade to this version. I have TWRP

Had something strange: I got a Google Play Upgrade (last date was September 2020), installed it, the device rebooted twice, came up and in the end, I have still been with Google Play security state of September 2020. Anybody experiencing the same? Try to upgrade Google Play security and check result...

I am using Mi10pro and currently I have a battery drain problem. When I check the power usage, I saw that most of the battery is drained by Android Core Apps. I did not have any drain problems before miui12.5 update(Last week). I installed this rom and still have the same problem. Also did a clean install. Is there anything else I can do to stop this draining problem. If anyone else having this problem and knows any solution, please help me.
Thank you in advance!
A suggestion is to do a Factory reset. From within TWRP you will probably keep all of your files; from within settings, everything will go.
As you set apps up, monitor things like autostart, notifications, lock screen settings, always-on display, full screen, etc - all of the little system settings that could be tweeked to help reduce background services operating. Look what Battery saver, and Ultra battery saver do. Maybe you can use apply some of their methods?

Had something strange: I got a Google Play Upgrade (last date was September 2020), installed it, the device rebooted twice, came up and in the end, I have still been with Google Play security state of September 2020. Anybody experiencing the same? Try to upgrade Google Play security and check result...
Mine was also on September. Updated restarted the phone, and is on December 2020. Had no issue

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allessa
Can someone out there please help me.... I have mi 10 Ultra. I am currently on 20.12.10. it's MIUI 12.3. please tell me the steps to upgrade to this version. I have TWRP
Going from weekly beta ROM to weekly beta ROM should be no problem. Providing you have no issues with TWRP, or anything else, you should be able to install this week's ROM on top of 20.12.10.
As a precaution, before you install, use the Backup in TWRP to take a full backup, just in case! ;)

Have you tried deleting the folder: data/system/package_cache ? (Probably from twrp.)
I too had a similar issue, but I installed magisk canary, rooted the device, went all through the (initially) long proccess of hiding it by changing installation path magisk hide props, rebooted and done (after ~2-3hours..).
doesn't work :( I've heard only locking the bl would work since Google changed their stuff...

Mine was also on September. Updated restarted the phone, and is on December 2020. Had no issue

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk
Strange... Have Poco F2 Pro, but Google Security Upgrades do not install. First time it reboots till MIUI logo and then another time till coming back to system. I think, it tries to install, fails to fully boot and reboots another time to uninstall it again. But why...?

On mi9 wifi doesn't work at all after clean install. Also the phone is not recognized at all in fastboot mode while connected to the PC. R.I.P. my mi9 :(

I was one of first MI9SE user to flash Android 11 last week and spend 8 hours to resolve all the bugs.
- Fastboot loop
- TWRP lost
- MIUI logo boot loop
- System UI crashing
- Message bubbles crashing / not able to be disabled

If you prefer to spend 8 hours yourself to fix these go for it :) Some people prefer to save their time.
mi9 lite here, if i install this over last miui 12.3 beta i have boot loop

Im updated now but I have a problem. My Boot logo changed to Redmi how do i get back to Mi logo?
Install one of these zip in TWRP => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/xİaomİ-eu-old-splash-screen.59199/post-581890

So far it's amazing on the mi 9 lite, only problem is it doesn't pass safetynet (unrooted, clean install) and Dutch translation for data limit is party English.
Install this zip in TWRP for SafetyNet => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...t-compatibility-test-failed.58100/post-568717

Reactions: PieroAnt
after install this new rom by recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150 (only boot)
my phone reboot to twrp only and it show 0MB internal storage.

edit: factory reset helps everything boots perfect

Last edited:
guys now if i enter in twrp it say me the message keep system read only
what i select i select, when entering it dont ask me for the password and i cant see internal memory file
what do now?

Use not autokanal on 5GHz, use as example kanal 36.since I did it, MI9 is working fine with wifi and not only with 2,4GHz
I don´t use Autokanal. I´m on 124, like always, and since 12.5 it don´t work on 5GHz.
All other Devices had no Problems only my 9t pro since MIUI 12.5 (clean install).

Regards

Have you tried a factory reset?
Yup. I've done format data and wipe dalvik and cache, then I've installed the ROM. Now I'm afraid to do anything because any soft/hard brick means goodbye my phone :/

guys, please help me, on mi 9 lite i tried to install this beta over last beta (android 10), i installed also magisk 20.4, at the reboot the phone was in boot loop
after that i entered in twrp and reinstalled last android 11 beta (without magisk)
at the reboot phone stuck at mi logo
after a reboot i entered in twrp, it ask me for keep system read only , i allow and entering in the internal memory i can't see the files (are crypted by a password but twrp not ask me for password)
what do now? please help me!

ok now after a long mi logo screen, i have the MIUI logo in white, but no sign of loding, is all ok? i wait for installation..

after install this new rom by recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-1206-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150 (only boot)
my phone reboot to twrp only and it show 0MB internal storage.

edit: factory reset helps everything boots perfect
What was your previously installed ROM?
Seeing 0MB internal storage in the TWRP version included in xiaomi.eu ROMs is normal. Please fastboot boot TWRP-3.4.2B-1206 to be able to decrypt your internal storage. :)

Yup. I've done format data and wipe dalvik and cache, then I've installed the ROM. Now I'm afraid to do anything because any soft/hard brick means goodbye my phone :/
Have you tried going right back to the start and installing the Stock ROM?

how long first boot will take ? more than 5min in MIUI logo?

edit: my phone stuck on MIUI logo.. more than 15min now

Last edited:
guys, please help me, on mi 9 lite i tried to install this beta over last beta (android 10), i installed also magisk 20.4, at the reboot the phone was in boot loop
after that i entered in twrp and reinstalled last android 11 beta (without magisk)
at the reboot phone stuck at mi logo
after a reboot i entered in twrp, it ask me for keep system read only , i allow and entering in the internal memory i can't see the files (are crypted by a password but twrp not ask me for password)
what do now? please help me!
Magisk v20.4 is not compatible with Android 11...
To all Mi 9 lite owner: I don't recommend to update (for now). :(

Reactions: Magiko59
Have you tried going right back to the start and installing the Stock ROM?
As I said, phone is NOT recognized in fastboot mode. Drivers are ok because I can do adb commands but as soon I enter the fastboot the connection is lost. Other phones (redmi 5, note 8t) are recognized immediatly. That's why I cannot install stock rom. I'm stuck with TWRP methods and I'm not sure if downgrading to android 10 through TWRP won't brick my phone for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.