MIUI 12.6 21.11.17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!! For Poco F2 Pro don't have 21.11.17 version ? Sorry if isn't right asking here.
Thanks for your time.
everything is first page this topic:
Your phone is in the list? fine! take the rom.
More detail if you scroll down the page and read the change log. (What everybody does before spamming this topic)
Not in the list? because no weekly for this phone.
Easy to understand.
PS: read forum rules!

Last edited:
Hello there!

First of all, thank you for your incredible work!

I own a Mi 9T Pro using versión 20.12.9 Beta (MIUI 12.3, Android 10 QKQ1.190825.002), is it possible to upgrade directly to this version or should I go through some previous Beta "milestone" versions first? I assume that I don't have to format the data partition and that I should only do the usual dalvik/cache cleanup, is that correct?

Also, which is the latest/good/recommended TWRP for my device? Lastest one seems to be OrangeFox-raphael-stable@R11.1_3.zip on TWRP and twrp-3.5.2_9-0-raphael.img on TWRP.me but I'm not sure if any of those is the recommended one.

I also noticed in the changelog:
Starting from 27 November there will be no Beta ROMs for following devices: Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, Mi 9T/Redmi K20, Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro, Mi 9 Lite/Mi CC9, Mi 9 Pro 5G, Redmi Note 8.
Does that mean that no new ROMs will be released for my device after November, 27th? Sorry if that has been already discussed but, what is the reason for that? I'm just curious, I know that every device has an EOL and that it has to be a titanic work to build a new ROM for every existing device at each release, so no complaining there.

Since "Beta ROMs" are mentioned, does that mean that we will eventually receive one (final) or even more Stable version(s) and if so, will it be possible to go from this latest Beta to those?

Thanks again for your hard work on these devices.

Last edited:
I own a Mi 9T Pro using versión 20.12.9 Beta (MIUI 12.3, Android 10 QKQ1.190825.002), is it possible to upgrade directly to this version or should I go through some previous Beta "milestone" versions first? I assume that I don't have to format the data partition and that I should only do the usual dalvik/cache cleanup, is that correct?
Simply download the latest rom and flash. No "milestone" versions.
No data format needed, just the usual dalvik/cache cleanup.

Also, which is the latest/good/recommended TWRP for my device? Lastest one seems to be OrangeFox-raphael-stable@R11.1_3.zip on TWRP and twrp-3.5.2_9-0-raphael.img on TWRP.me but I'm not sure if any of those is the recommended one.
The latest official twrp is fine.

Does that mean that no new ROMs will be released for my device after November, 27th? Sorry if that has been already discussed but, what is the reason for that? I'm just curious, I know that every device has an EOL and that it has to be a titanic work to build a new ROM for every existing device at each release, so no complaining there.
Yes no new BETA roms. And the reason as you rightly mentioned is EOL in the beta channel for your device.

Since "Beta ROMs" are mentioned, does that mean that we will eventually receive one (final) or even more Stable version(s) and if so, will it be possible to go from this latest Beta to those?
But you will continue to get STABLE roms.

My recommendation.
Flash the latest stable ROM instead. More updated security patch. And sooner or later you'll have to anyway. ;)

@geoorg , thanks a lot for your fast reply!
But you will continue to get STABLE roms.

My recommendation.
Flash the latest stable ROM instead. More updated security patch. And sooner or later you'll have to anyway. ;)
Ouch! I think that requires me to do a factory reset and reinstall everything from scratch, am I correct? :emoji_sweat:

I'm not sure if there's any guide on how to make that process easier, using the forum search I found this interesting comment from @LosTigeros . I might try that just for fun before going the "hard" way (doing backups, of course). One thing I hate about backing up files and restoring them on Android is that the file timestamps are not preserved (AFAIR).

I really appreciate your suggestion and I'll definitely switch to the stable release ASAP.

Ouch! I think that requires me to do a factory reset and reinstall everything from scratch, am I correct? :emoji_sweat:

I'm not sure if there's any guide on how to make that process easier, using the forum search I found this interesting comment from @LosTigeros . I might try that just for fun before going the "hard" way (doing backups, of course)..
Reinstalling from scratch depends on whether the process worked for you or not. If it does work, no need inatalling from scratch
Other users of same device have reported switching to stable without needing to format data.
It's good you backup files before attempting this process.

One thing I hate about backing up files and restoring them on Android is that the file timestamps are not preserved (AFAIR).
A simple trick i use is creating a zip archive of the files i intend to backup using solid explorer then transferring this zip to pc.
To restore, simply copy the zip to device and extract using solid explorer. Timestamps are preserved.

NOTE: set compression to "none" so it speeds up creating the archive.

Last edited:
To restore, simply copy the zip to device and extract using solid explorer. Timestamps are preserved.
Thanks for the tip! I was using RAR for that but when I extracted the files back to the phone (using the RAR app too) it didn't preserve the timestamps. I will try with Solid Explorer.

Again, I'm very grateful for your help. I'm going to get started with the backups/updates in a moment and I'll post the results in case it can help someone else :)

Clean flash after unloc bootloader Mi 11 lite 5G. So far so good, no problems at all. No battery drain ,fo the moment everyyhings work normal. Thanks to devs for the hard work!!

Last edited:
thanks for your great effrots. i want to report that my MI11 theme and fonts are not working with this version

I'm not sure if there's any guide on how to make that process easier, using the forum search I found this interesting comment from @LosTigeros . I might try that just for fun before going the "hard" way (doing backups, of course). One thing I hate about backing up files and restoring them on Android is that the file timestamps are not preserved (AFAIR).

I really appreciate your suggestion and I'll definitely switch to the stable release ASAP.
Finally someone who pays attention to timestamps!!!! My previous phone (probably android 6 limitation) preserved ~nothing during transfer. ~Only with ftp or zipping the files I could do that (which I didn't). Now on my mi 10 date modified is preserved, but date created still isn't. Zipping, using ftp, etc. ~don't fix it... As long as the connection is through mtp and the device isn't read as a usb storage media, timestamps may not be ever preserved fully (like with robocopy).

Reactions: Devotee
Question:
I have Weekly ROM 21.9.1 installed on my Mi 11 ultra via TWRP. Can i download this version (Which has Android 12) and install it via Fastboot without loosing my data?

Question:
I have Weekly ROM 21.9.1 installed on my Mi 11 ultra via TWRP. Can i download this version (Which has Android 12) and install it via Fastboot without loosing my data?
yes in 99% … extract rom image and use this command
# For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat

disable magisk modules before and unhide magisk before update if you have installed it

yes in 99% … extract rom image and use this command
# For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat

disable magisk modules before and unhide magisk before update if you have installed it
Thank you :)
I guess the command without a "." ?

Do I have to start windows_fastboot_first_install or _update?
Or in which cmd do I have to put the command "./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat" exactly?

Just asking bc i really don't want to mess anything up ^^

Last edited:
Do I have to start windows_fastboot_first_install or _update?
Or in which cmd do I have to put the command "./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat" exactly?

Just asking bc i really don't want to mess anything up ^^
Both scripts are the same with the only difference that "_first_install" wipes that data partition (aka clean flashing).
You extract the ROM's ZIP, do Shift+Right-click inside the extracted folder (where those *_first_install and *_update scripts are located), then "Open command window here" or "Open PowerShell window here", then enter the command there.

Crazy battery drain, 60Hz refresh rate.
Mi11 Lite, 5G (8/128).

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_232135.jpg
    IMG_20211124_232135.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 242
Both scripts are the same with the only difference that "_first_install" wipes that data partition (aka clean flashing).
You extract the ROM's ZIP, do Shift+Right-click inside the extracted folder (where those *_first_install and *_update scripts are located), then "Open command window here" or "Open PowerShell window here", then enter the command there.
Thanks it worked! Is there a way to find out what is new (device specific Mi 11 ultra)?

Hello there,
I have the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G. I am not sure if I understand this:
"Starting from 27 November there will be no Beta ROMs for following devices: Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, Mi 9T/Redmi K20, Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro, Mi 9 Lite/Mi CC9, Mi 9 Pro 5G, Redmi Note 8."
Q1) What does 'beta' mean?
Q2) Does it mean 'weekly' ?

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.