Resolved [21.11.25 & 21.12.1] Mi 11 - Android Auto DPI changed, making it unusable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lev12

Members
Nov 28, 2021
Since flashing this weekly, the DPI of Android Auto changed and is way too big. The bottom bar covers half the screen. The top status bar covers about a third. When i get a notification, i can only see the middle third of the notification, like it's zoomed in way too far. It's unusable in this state.

I dirty flashed 21.11.11 and Android Auto was normal again. Though my Phone kept crashing. I reverted back to 21.11.25 and now Android Auto is too big again.

I hope this gets fixed. I might have to clean flash to 21.11.11 as i need Android Auto.

Reactions: Sage222
Same on my MI11 Ultra. MIUI 12.6 21.11.25 Weekky Rom
IMG_20211130_204445.jpg

I had this and just gave up & dirty flashed back to previous week's ROM

Tried fiddling around with Headunit reloaded settings for DPI but nothing just seemed to work

I dont have this app but I found this, perhaps you can try it…
  • Open Android Auto on your mobile and scroll down.
  • Click the version number ten times until Developer Settings is enabled.
  • Click on the three menu items and select “Developer Settings”.
  • and sick “Video resolution“.
  • Depending on your car, you will have several resolution options. The normal thing is to have 480p and 720p, although you can have 1080p as well. Select a high resolution if you want the Android Auto icons to be smaller and smaller if you need them larger.
  • Changing the screen density does not imply that you are really forcing the resolution of the content., this is only a recommendation. In the event that the car and phone were using an inappropriate density, you will appreciate an improvement.

I dont have this app but I found this, perhaps you can try it…
  • Open Android Auto on your mobile and scroll down.
  • Click the version number ten times until Developer Settings is enabled.
  • Click on the three menu items and select “Developer Settings”.
  • and sick “Video resolution“.
  • Depending on your car, you will have several resolution options. The normal thing is to have 480p and 720p, although you can have 1080p as well. Select a high resolution if you want the Android Auto icons to be smaller and smaller if you need them larger.
  • Changing the screen density does not imply that you are really forcing the resolution of the content., this is only a recommendation. In the event that the car and phone were using an inappropriate density, you will appreciate an improvement.
Thanks for the help. I already tried that before flashing Back to 21.11.11. it didn't change anything. Only flashing to an older version of the Rom fixes it. My car and Android Auto didn't get any updates so something is wrong in the Rom.

Unfortunately it's not something we can fix. We have to wait for Xiaomi.

Unfortunately it's not something we can fix. We have to wait for Xiaomi.

Thanks for the feedback.

i guess i have to clean flash 21.11.11 then.

I hope this will be resolved in a future update.

How do we know if Xiaomi noticed this bug and is working on it?

I'm on 21.11.17 the bug only started with last week's build. Comment on the new build this week says it's still not working properly

thanks for the heads up all. good to know 21.11.11 is all ok ill try dirty flash downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.