MIUI 12.6 21.12.8 - Last MIUI 12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary........ after a few errors "not finding bat files", the installation started, ended up with ":error :Writing 'storsecbak' FAILED (remote: '(storsecbak) No such partition')", but the telephone is working and updated.

Actually this release for the first time is smooth as it can be on the Mi 10 Ultra, also the google discovery page (-1) is smooth like I didn't experienced in months. Pretty fast, zero lagging.

Edit 2 : It's so smooth because this is Android 12 (finally) :emoji_heart_eyes:

congrats for sucessfully update to A12 the hard way :p
install / update via fastboot alot easier that what you been doing

Maps lag like hell in navigation mode, and crashes eventually after some time. Mi 10
I guess this is xiaomi's fault and we're waiting for their fix, since most of the Google apps have this problem.

Maps lag like hell in navigation mode, and crashes eventually after some time. Mi 10
I guess this is xiaomi's fault and we're waiting for their fix, since most of the Google apps have this problem.
Its google android devs problem as i see. So probably miui wait new android and xiaomi eu wait new miui version :)

Has anyone with Mi 10 (umi) successfully upgraded to this week's ROM, or does it always go to the power menu?
After unsuccessfully installing this week's ROM, I have successfully re-installed last week's ROM. So far all is working OK.

Edit: I see that Mi 10 (umi) has been withdrawn (from androidfilehost, but not from sourceforge).
I have indeed successfully upgraded, I didn't use the build from androidfilehost. I used the one from Sourceforge, and that worked fine on my mi 10. Yesterday (Friday) I saw that I could update (ROM rebuild), but that isn't needed as I successfully upgraded.

last build (mi 10 pro) kept killing apps in the background no matter the battery optimization settings. This week's build somehow keeps killing apps in the foreground!
I was riding my bike yesterday using google maps navigation while making a whatsapp call in the background and both got killed multiple times (at the same time) anyone else had this problem?

Hi guys, I also have the "gmail laggy" problem, is it possible to revert back to the rom 12.12.1? it was working fine there (I have a mi11)
If yes, I just have to flash the 12.12.1 on top of this rom?

There is most likely no point in reverting back, you can use a different email app in the meantime. I recommend using Microsoft Outlook for now, and then you can switch back to Gmail, once it's fixed of course. Oddly enough, the only Gapps that have been lagging is Gmail & google play store, for me that is. Youtube is fine...

And yes, you can add Gmail accounts to Outlook, which includes @gmail (private account) and other extensions like a "work google account" (basically a different domain) has, for example, @stockholmscience, @edu, etc.

Or, you can just downgrade the Gmail app to an older version, that works too

Last edited:
hello people, i wanted to flash this version on my poco f3 or should i wait for the first version 13. I suspect that after the update to the 13 version I would have to completely set up the cell phone again anyway, is that correct?

Poco F3, if I launch "windows_fastboot_update_rom" nothin happens. Device in fastboot mode, ADB drivers installed, Windows 11

Attachments

• Immagine 2021-12-11 121401.jpg
    Immagine 2021-12-11 121401.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 147
hello people, i wanted to flash this version on my poco f3 or should i wait for the first version 13. I suspect that after the update to the 13 version I would have to completely set up the cell phone again anyway, is that correct?
Hello, you will never have to completely set up your device when installing a MIUI (and/or Android) upgrade. ;)

Reactions: biscoot and Iain_B
Hi guys, usb tethering stopped working on poco f3 after last update.
Can someone check this function as well?

I have indeed successfully upgraded, I didn't use the build from androidfilehost. I used the one from Sourceforge, and that worked fine on my mi 10. Yesterday (Friday) I saw that I could update (ROM rebuild), but that isn't needed as I successfully upgraded.
The further upgrade corrected the 'Collapse after touch' for the Notifications and Control centre. If you do not use it then you will not notice a difference. Anyway, it will be part of next week's ROM.

Reactions: alexfernando651
Well, it's working, but double tap to awake doesn't work after 60 sec., battery draining is faster, and actually seems no benefit to upgrade to 12.
I'm going to return on Android 11, maybe it's too early for that
Exactly..

Thanks for the update and your excellent work.

For your information, I had a failed error half way through installing which resulted in a boot loop. No idea why, although I suspect I might have had a dodgy cable connection between phone and PC during the process. I reinstalled successfully on the second attempt.
Poco F3 device with Windows 10 PC.

The further upgrade corrected the 'Collapse after touch' for the Notifications and Control centre. If you do not use it then you will not notice a difference. Anyway, it will be part of next week's ROM.
sorry to ask but isn't miui 12.x suspendet from 13/12-21 untill miui 13 is coming

This is the last MIUI 12.5 Beta ROM. Starting from December 13th, the weekly updates will be temporarily suspended. Next updates will be based on MIUI 13 once it's ready

Constant stuttering on google play and google mail and google maps. I tried reinstalling but it still persists. The problem started when I upgraded to Android 12.
Poco F2 Pro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.