MIUI 12.5 21.2.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :)

Try to install the latest TWRP version for your device => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682952301

It should support Android 10 encryption and Android 11 with a pattern (not pin/password). :)

You should also disable "Zip signature verification" in TWRP options.

;)

Thank you for your reply.
I installed that TWRP. I have the new rom in my usb stick. When I swipe to the right to install that rom from the new TWRP it gives me the followng error:
failed to mount '/system_root' (invalid argument). (The Zip signature verification was already disabled by default...) . :)
digest failed to match on '/usb-otg/xiaomi.eu_multi_mi9pro5g_21.2.24_b618cc6f73_v12-11.zip'
e:aborting zip install: Digest verification failed
error installing zip file '/usb-otg/xiaomi.eu_multi_mi9pro5g_21.2.24_b618cc6f73_v12-11.zip'
failed to mount '/system_root' (invalid argument).
Please advise, thanks :)

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.
I installed that TWRP. I have the new rom in my usb stick. When I swipe to the right to install that rom from the new TWRP it gives me the followng error:
failed to mount '/system_root' (invalid argument). (The Zip signature verification was already disabled by default...) . :)
digest failed to match on '/usb-otg/xiaomi.eu_multi_mi9pro5g_21.2.24_b618cc6f73_v12-11.zip'
e:aborting zip install: Digest verification failed
error installing zip file '/usb-otg/xiaomi.eu_multi_mi9pro5g_21.2.24_b618cc6f73_v12-11.zip'
failed to mount '/system_root' (invalid argument).
Please advise, thanks :)
Um, I might not have that device, but since the process is probably similar, have you tried removing any password/pin and retrying?
Also, try to describe the whole process of getting and using the twrp. Maybe somebody will spot a mistake.

Um, I might not have that device, but since the process is probably similar, have you tried removing any password/pin and retrying?
Also, try to describe the whole process of getting and using the twrp. Maybe somebody will spot a mistake.
No, I haven't removed any pin/password before installing the new TWRP. I only have access to the new TWRP now where I have the menu. I have the new rom in nthe usb stick and my internal storage is encrypted. It loks like I have lost all my data which is OK since I have a backup in my laptop but how do I flash the new ROM now because it keeps giving me those error mesages saying that "failed to mount '/system_root' ".
I also tried to flash the magisk v22.0.zip, it gives me the following error message: Updater process ended with EROOR:1
Error installing zip file '/usb-otg/magisk-v22.0.zip'
updating partition details...
failed to mount '/system_root' (invalid argument)
... done

No, I haven't removed any pin/password before installing the new TWRP. I only have access to the new TWRP now where I have the menu. I have the new rom in nthe usb stick and my internal storage is encrypted. It loks like I have lost all my data which is OK since I have a backup in my laptop but how do I flash the new ROM now because it keeps giving me those error mesages saying that "failed to mount '/system_root' ".
I also tried to flash the magisk v22.0.zip, it gives me the following error message: Updater process ended with EROOR:1
Error installing zip file '/usb-otg/magisk-v22.0.zip'
updating partition details...
failed to mount '/system_root' (invalid argument)
... done
Ohh, so the system is currupt and can't access it normally? (Bootloop?)

:shrug:
Have you seen this?
(Check these too:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
)

OK, resintalled the previous Rom from usb stick. All is back. Downloading the new rom from the laptop now...(instead of downloading it from the xiaomi, maybe there was a dl issue from the phone)...

OK, guys, it looks like the ROM downloaded from the phone was corrupted. So, I re-downloaded the rom from the laptop, moved it to the usb stick and boom. Android 11 is installed with all my previous apps ! :) Thanks for All ! :)

Last edited:
Hey there, anybody have some network issues 4g+ switching to 4g and nothing work anymore during some second and come back etc...

BUG for redmi note 8;
gyroscope doesnt work. Auto rotate screen feature doesnt work. i tested the gyro sensor in enginnering mode CIT. it doesnt work.

Edit: persist.img which from offical fastboot rom file. i installed it and problem solved.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I have a problem.It seems that on the latest firmware versions, camera2api does not work correctly on my Mi9. All third-party cameras see only the front and 1 main camera, but do not see the tele-lens and wide-angle lens. I can't get everything to work.

It's Widevine L1 if you didn't tamper/flash the "persist" partition of your device. ;)
I flashed a lot my previous devices and only once persist became corrupt... So it is possible...

I guess this can happen with Xiaomi phones also...

I read even if u flash original persist backup one can't get widevine to L1 :-(

Thank you for answer!

After entering thеse codes:
VoLTE *#*#86583#*#*
VoWIFI *#*#869434#*#*

I have VoLTE and VoWIFI in the settings and they are working fine.
Hey, do you see the HD logo when in call of the vowifi logo up the top bar? Thanks! I entered the codes and got the options but doesn't appear they are working

If my screen is unlocked and I'm using my phone, when there's a new notification I don't see the preview of it, it just shows the little icon at the very top.
How can I view my notifications instantly as they arrive? Every other phone/ROM I've used does this by default.

Example if I am waiting for an SMS PIN to enter into a website to verify a payment, I have to swipe down from the top and tap on the SMS instead of it just popping up in a floating window when the message is received.

Don't know why but there's some issues with wifi connection on Mi9.
It seems that it went a sleep when my phone is off, and after a while when I pick up my phone I receive a lot of notifications.
Anyone else have this issue?
Thank you.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

why that rom not supported poco launcher with gestures

Xiaomi decided to implement full gestures only in stock launcher not in system UI and not in poco launcher

Workarounds:
  • Install from GooglePlayStore:
    • Infinity Gestures
    • Fluid Navigation Gestures
  • Use CustoMIUIzer
    • Laucher -> Gestures -> there you have a lot of options
Or try this without waranty:
./adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

BUG for redmi note 8;
gyroscope doesnt work. Auto rotate screen feature doesnt work. i tested the gyro sensor in enginnering mode CIT. it doesnt work.
All sensors are working fine over here on my RN8, so you may have some corruption on the persist partition. Look for ways of recovering that. Basically you need to restore a backup to restore functionality.

Reactions: ucantr and Poney70
If my screen is unlocked and I'm using my phone, when there's a new notification I don't see the preview of it, it just shows the little icon at the very top.
How can I view my notifications instantly as they arrive? Every other phone/ROM I've used does this by default.

Example if I am waiting for an SMS PIN to enter into a website to verify a payment, I have to swipe down from the top and tap on the SMS instead of it just popping up in a floating window when the message is received.
Settings-Notifications&Control center-Floating Notifications. Allow it for all your apps

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.