MIUI 12.5 21.2.3/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RN8 feedback:
Dirty update with wipe of Dalvik and cache. No issues, runs well.

Changes noted:
  • February security update.
  • Automated tasks are working again
  • Weather wallpaper is working so far - you have to install it manually
  • Can someone spot something else?
No major issues found yet. Big thanks to the developers.
What do you mean by install weather wallpaper manually? Are there apk file?

I you can install original boot animation by this link: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261791656 and you can install it from themes application>account>themes>import>select file, now go back in account in application and go into theme customization>select boot animation>select new boot animation and apply. Ido it now and work whit my mi 9T
Thank you, i tried to use it, however the 5G on start is missing, i kinda like the animation and color of both 5g and MIUI

I read it but all these things are before 21.1.20 update and they used to work but now they don't

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 latest Eu beta
I'm using the latest rom. (And I'm the guy with the guide, whihch conatains geoorg's guide too).
To me it seems to be working, checkthe pic. If you want, set up edxposed manager. If you already have it, have you tried updating any drivers? Or the app?
Bear in mind though, even if geoorg can install apps using LP, I ~do it externally, by first making an apk with the app and then installing it from file manager, otherwise I might brick my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20210205_134628.jpg
    IMG_20210205_134628.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 394
Reactions: geoorg
Hi all,
It has been a while since I wrote, as I am still on mi6 :)
However I also have a mi9se, and installed the 12.5 version of last week. Working great!
2 things I noticed:
1. The gps toggle in notification is not aligned with other icons.
2. When I change icon sets, it doesn't work at the first time, I need to apply it several times.

Anyone noticed those 2?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

i manage to install the latest version on my redmi note 8 using custom twrp (geoanto version IINM)..so far ok for now

but anyone know what twrp version is compatible with redmi note 8 since i can`t use the official version

3. After a call, all music (Music, Spotify, Youtube vanced, etc.) play on earpiece not on actual speaker of my device. The only workaround i have is to reboot my device. But it's kinda hassle that after each call i have to reboot my device.
Does anyone experience this issue?

if your IMS service is not activated (and you use to have it available) you can use Activity Launcher app to launch the MBN tool and load your provider specific profile for modem config from the list provided there.

Hi, thanks for the guide -sadly i can´t find the "MBN tool" in either my android or in the playstore. can you tell me where i can find it or any other details?
maybe its called different since my android os is in german -.- ^^.

Hi, thanks for the guide -sadly i can´t find the "MBN tool" in either my android or in the playstore. can you tell me where i can find it or any other details?
Reading or searching helps a lot...

Post #52 has the perfect explanation by graw2 which helped a lot of users already....

• Haha
Reactions: raul61
install from Play Store Activity Launcher app
Activity Launcher>Modem Config> check the MBNLoader with your telco_name/volte/country/mcfg_sw.mbn in name.
it looks like this
1612532544318.png

Reactions: piskr and blablub
K20pro, dirty flash from previous version, OFox latest recovery, SYSTEM IS DESTROYED, can't flash twrp because bootloader is LOCKED again, need to use XiaoMiTool V2 to unlock the phone again, then it boots to Ofox and utlimately ROM boots up, Only Drawback I lost all my data, my mistake haven't taken the backup in recent past, so all photos and videos data gone

Update:- Data (photos, videos etc) is still there on device, phone is just setting up again from fresh, all apps needs to be installed again

Last edited:
K20pro, dirty flash from previous version, OFox latest recovery, SYSTEM IS DESTROYED, can't flash twrp because bootloader is LOCKED again, need to use XiaoMiTool V2 to unlock the phone again, then it boots to Ofox and utlimately ROM boots up, Only Drawback I lost all my data, my mistake haven't taken the backup in recent past, so all photos and videos data gone
Oi.. I think some others reported this issue too.. Btw, have you tried using any data recovery program? I think there are some. (Either by connecting it to a pc for a pc app or an android data recovery app.) Ah.. losing data is very bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.